/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why i am not able to change due to islam

anonymous
01-26-2021, 08:31 AM
Am i the only one who have learned a lot in islam but still not able to learn anything? I mean to say i have gained so much knowledge Alhamdulillah but when its time to act, i fail a very lot. I am not able to learn anything from islam. I have seen a lot of people who changed becuz they followed islam even if they have a little knowldge ablut it but i am not able tochange. I try very hard but i fail fail fail. My arrogancy , my anger , my selfishness every bad quality i have isnt gone yet. Why i am not able to change even after i have gained much knowledge. I keep hurting others.....

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BeTheChange
01-28-2021, 08:34 PM
Asalamualykum dear brother/sister,

I guess you need to do some self analysis. Understand what's stopping you from being good. Every time you commit a sin, commit a good deed straight away. Every time you treat someone badly promise yourself you will do something that you hate but which is halaal for example, giving x amount to charity, donating x amount of hours to volunteering etc.

Continue speaking and asking Allah swt for help in this matter especially during the times where duas are more likely to be accepted. If your parents are alive ask them to make dua for you.

Assess your environment, friends, do you have halaal income coming? Do you eat halaal food? Do you lower your gaze when required? Do you speak the truth, avoid swearing, backbiting etc. All these factors can play a part.

Remember death often. Visit the graveyards often. This should change you insha Allah.

AbdulHargreaves
01-30-2021, 06:21 AM
Personal change is an ongoing process. The main thing is you have your faith and you are aware of your failings. Work towards realistc objectives now. Ask for more specific help fro others if you need it.

keiv
01-30-2021, 02:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AbdulHargreaves
Personal change is an ongoing process. The main thing is you have your faith and you are aware of your failings. Work towards realistc objectives now. Ask for more specific help fro others if you need it.
I agree. Sometimes we fool ourselves into thinking we want to change, but will not put the effort into it. You have to make the first step and to make sure you keep moving forward, otherwise it becomes a "one step forward, two steps back" sort of thing.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.