/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Islamicboard Zikr Club

Simply_Logical
01-26-2021, 02:14 PM
Assalamualaikum wah rahmatullahi wah barakatuhu

Hope you're all well in health and iman in sha Allah [emoji2969][emoji817]

So I was thinking maybe we could have a zikr Club for the purposes of encouragement and motivation in sha Allah

I was thinking we could pick something like SubhanAllah, Alhamdulillah, Allahu Akbar, Tasbeeh Yunus - La ilaha illa anta, Subhanaka, Inni kuntu minaz-zalimin (There is none worthy of Worship besides You, You are far exalted and above all weaknesses, Surely, I am from among the wrongdoers) etc and give each other a weekly target in sha Allah

Is anyone potentially interested?

If you want to stay anonymous feel free to PM me in sha Allah

Thanks JazakAllah Khayran

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Al-Ansariyah
01-26-2021, 06:38 PM
Wa alaykum As Salam
Like giving the no. of time we have to recite a particular phrase? Wouldnt that be biddah? It is a gud idea but we shouldnt follow anything which goes against hadith.
Let me suggest one thing. You can simply give the target of , for eg. 100 times" La ilaha il Allahu wahdahu La sharika lahu lahul mulk walahul hamd wahuva ala kulli shayin qadir" bcuz its recommended by a hadith. And also astaghfar 100 times. So all these things would be under the heading of shariah. We need to be very careful regarding bidah. :)

Simply_Logical
01-26-2021, 07:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yrvhere?
Wa alaykum As Salam
Like giving the no. of time we have to recite a particular phrase? Wouldnt that be biddah? It is a gud idea but we shouldnt follow anything which goes against hadith.
Let me suggest one thing. You can simply give the target of , for eg. 100 times" La ilaha il Allahu wahdahu La sharika lahu lahul mulk walahul hamd wahuva ala kulli shayin qadir" bcuz its recommended by a hadith. And also astaghfar 100 times. So all these things would be under the heading of shariah. We need to be very careful regarding bidah. :)
like i sais sister its just to encourage and motivate each other in sha Allah

i mean how is it bidah if youre simply setting yourself a target to complete some sort of ibadah? like for example if a person says this year im going to complete 10 Qur'an khathams how would that be bidah?

tell me where does it go against the shariah when you set yourself or a number or people a target to complete certain ibadah?

Al-Ansariyah
01-27-2021, 01:24 AM
For ex. in many places, people recite surah yasin 41 times for a died person but is it acc. to sunnah? No. Some people recite 23 times to get a wish fulfilled but is it in sunnah? No. So we shouldnt stick to particular number which isnt even in sunnah. This is why i was saying this :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
taha_
01-27-2021, 04:51 AM
The shahadah, "la ilaha illallah" is best dikhr. It is heavy, yet light on tongue.

Jabir bin 'Abdullah said:

"I heard the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) say: 'The best of remembrance is La ilaha illallah (None has the right to be worshipped but Allah), and the best of supplication is Al-Hamdu Lillah (praise is to Allah).'"

حَدَّثَنَا عَبْدُ الرَّحْمَنِ بْنُ إِبْرَاهِيمَ الدِّمَشْقِيُّ، حَدَّثَنَا مُوسَى بْنُ إِبْرَاهِيمَ بْنِ كَثِيرِ بْنِ بَشِيرِ بْنِ الْفَاكِهِ، قَالَ سَمِعْتُ طَلْحَةَ بْنَ خِرَاشٍ ابْنَ عَمِّ، جَابِرٍ قَالَ سَمِعْتُ جَابِرَ بْنَ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ، يَقُولُ سَمِعْتُ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ ـ صلى الله عليه وسلم ـ يَقُولُ ‏ "‏ أَفْضَلُ الذِّكْرِ لاَ إِلَهَ إِلاَّ اللَّهُ وَأَفْضَلُ الدُّعَاءِ الْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ ‏"‏ ‏.‏

Grade: Hasan (Darussalam)

Reference : Sunan Ibn Majah 3800

If the person who is about to die, says the final word "La ilaha illallah", he will enter jannah in sha Allah.. May Allah grant us this beautiful ending.

manofIslam
01-27-2021, 05:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Simply_Logical
Assalamualaikum wah rahmatullahi wah barakatuhu

Hope you're all well in health and iman in sha Allah [emoji2969][emoji817]

So I was thinking maybe we could have a zikr Club for the purposes of encouragement and motivation in sha Allah

I was thinking we could pick something like SubhanAllah, Alhamdulillah, Allahu Akbar, Tasbeeh Yunus - La ilaha illa anta, Subhanaka, Inni kuntu minaz-zalimin (There is none worthy of Worship besides You, You are far exalted and above all weaknesses, Surely, I am from among the wrongdoers) etc and give each other a weekly target in sha Allah

Is anyone potentially interested?

If you want to stay anonymous feel free to PM me in sha Allah

Thanks JazakAllah Khayran
I like this idea, Bro!

Simply_Logical
01-27-2021, 07:33 AM
For ex. in many places, people recite surah yasin 41 times for a died person but is it acc. to sunnah? No. Some people recite 23 times to get a wish fulfilled but is it in sunnah? No. So we shouldnt stick to particular number which isnt even in sunnah. This is why i was saying this :)
You didn't answer my question though and responded with a completely different scenario,
No one mention anything about surah Ya'sin

i mean how is it bidah if youre simply setting yourself a target to complete some sort of ibadah? like for example if a person says this year im going to complete 10 Qur'an khathams how would that be bidah?

tell me where does it go against the shariah when you set yourself or a number of people a target to complete certain ibadah?

Please answer my questions sister, thanks jazakAllah khayran [emoji817][emoji106]

Simply_Logical
01-27-2021, 07:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by taha_
The shahadah, "la ilaha illallah" is best dikhr. It is heavy, yet light on tongue.

Jabir bin 'Abdullah said:

"I heard the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) say: 'The best of remembrance is La ilaha illallah (None has the right to be worshipped but Allah), and the best of supplication is Al-Hamdu Lillah (praise is to Allah).'"

حَدَّثَنَا عَبْدُ الرَّحْمَنِ بْنُ إِبْرَاهِيمَ الدِّمَشْقِيُّ، حَدَّثَنَا مُوسَى بْنُ إِبْرَاهِيمَ بْنِ كَثِيرِ بْنِ بَشِيرِ بْنِ الْفَاكِهِ، قَالَ سَمِعْتُ طَلْحَةَ بْنَ خِرَاشٍ ابْنَ عَمِّ، جَابِرٍ قَالَ سَمِعْتُ جَابِرَ بْنَ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ، يَقُولُ سَمِعْتُ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ ـ صلى الله عليه وسلم ـ يَقُولُ ‏ "‏ أَفْضَلُ الذِّكْرِ لاَ إِلَهَ إِلاَّ اللَّهُ وَأَفْضَلُ الدُّعَاءِ الْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ ‏"‏ ‏.‏

Grade: Hasan (Darussalam)

Reference : Sunan Ibn Majah 3800

If the person who is about to die, says the final word "La ilaha illallah", he will enter jannah in sha Allah.. May Allah grant us this beautiful ending.
subhanAllah

Maybe La Ilaha illAllah could be the very first Zikr we do? In sha Allah [emoji2969][emoji817]

Simply_Logical
01-27-2021, 07:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by manofIslam
I like this idea, Bro!
So you up for it bro?

Al-Ansariyah
01-27-2021, 08:35 AM
You didn't answer my question though and responded with a completely different scenario,
No one mention anything about surah Ya'sin

tell me where does it go against the shariah when you set yourself or a number of people a target to complete certain ibadah?

Please answer my questions sister, thanks jazakAllah khayran [emoji817][emoji106]
Idk but i try to be really cautious regarding bidah and i felt all this "MAY" come under the heading of bidah. Brother just be very very careful regarding all this bcuz even innovators have good intentions when they innovate new kind of worships but bcuz it isnt in sunnah, they are called innovations. And i would never ever want you or anyone to fall into bidah, may Allah protect. I have a few ex.
1) Some people decide to fast every tuesday(not thurs or mon) , it will be bidah bcuz they thought that fasting on tuesday will give them more reward. This is a type of innovation.
2) Some people decide they will complete the whole quran on every thursday for the dead person but "thursday" isnt some sacred day ryt?
3)Some people decide they will fast as well as worship the whole night on 15 shaban when it isnt even in sahih hadith, so this is bidah.
These are few examples.
However if u elaborate ur whole plan , that way i will understand better in sha Allah.

Simply_Logical
01-27-2021, 04:10 PM
Idk but i try to be really cautious regarding bidah and i felt all this "MAY" come under the heading of bidah. Brother just be very very careful regarding all this bcuz even innovators have good intentions when they innovate new kind of worships but bcuz it isnt in sunnah, they are called innovations. And i would never ever want you or anyone to fall into bidah, may Allah protect. I have a few ex.
1) Some people decide to fast every tuesday(not thurs or mon) , it will be bidah bcuz they thought that fasting on tuesday will give them more reward. This is a type of innovation.
2) Some people decide they will complete the whole quran on every thursday for the dead person but "thursday" isnt some sacred day ryt?
3)Some people decide they will fast as well as worship the whole night on 15 shaban when it isnt even in sahih hadith, so this is bidah.
These are few examples.
However if u elaborate ur whole plan , that way i will understand better in sha Allah.
Ameen, thanks for the duas sister

by the way sister im just discussing with you, not arguing with you whatsoever, okay :)

totally understand where youre coming from and your concerns Alhamdulillah,
but this is simply saying something along the lines of subhanAllah or la illa ilallah, astaghfirullah etc 1000x or 2000x per week etc etc,

the aim is simply to set a target, it isnt bidah to set a goal in islam, i.e im going to recite the whole of the Qur'an in ramadhan or ten Qur'ans throughout the year etc

if anything the sahaba radiallanhu majmaeen used to compete with each other fisabilillah for Allah swt sake and pleasure

with this zikr group the intentions are clear do zikr for Allah swt sake and pleasure,
whether that be repentence, praising Allah swt, glorifying Allah swt etc etc

this group will give you that little motivation and push, it will be weekly targets in sha Allah, so doesnt mean you have to partake every week, if and when you feel like it in sha Allah

manofIslam
01-27-2021, 05:13 PM
So you up for it bro?
I am, Bro.

Simply_Logical
01-27-2021, 05:53 PM
I am, Bro.
Kewl what do you suggest we start with and how many times?

manofIslam
01-27-2021, 06:01 PM
Kewl what do you suggest we start with and how many times?
What about ASTAGHFIRULLAH: 33 times?

Simply_Logical
01-27-2021, 06:13 PM
What about ASTAGHFIRULLAH: 33 times?
Cool, won't take long though

Anything else bro?

manofIslam
01-27-2021, 07:05 PM

Anything else bro?
And now, LA ILLAH HA ILLA ALLAH : 33 times?

- - - Updated - - -

Anything else bro?

- - - Updated - - -

Anything else bro?

Simply_Logical
01-27-2021, 07:15 PM

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Done

سبحان الله و بحمده
– Subhaan-Allahi wa bihamdihi x100

[Allaah is free from imperfection and all praise is due to Him]

manofIslam
01-27-2021, 07:24 PM
Done

سبحان الله و بحمده
– Subhaan-Allahi wa bihamdihi x100

[Allaah is free from imperfection and all praise is due to Him]
Excellent; and done!

Simply_Logical
01-27-2021, 08:32 PM
Excellent; and done!
Done Alhamdulillah Allahumma Bareek [emoji817]

سبحان الله العظيم –
x1000 Subhaan-Allahil-Azhim

[Allaah is free from imperfection, The Greatest]

p.s just post when youre done, no rush [emoji106][emoji2969][emoji817]

Simply_Logical
01-28-2021, 08:42 PM
@manofIslam you done bro? no pressure

manofIslam
01-28-2021, 08:57 PM
@manofIslam you done bro? no pressure
I'm sorry, Brother: Yes, just for the time being; I'm sorry about this; I'll try to get back on, a bit later on.

Simply_Logical
01-28-2021, 09:00 PM
I'm sorry, Brother: Yes, just for the time being; I'm sorry about this; I'll try to get back on, a bit later on.
no need to apologise bro, just let me know when youre done then we can move on to the next one in sha Allah bi'idnillah :)

manofIslam
01-29-2021, 01:30 AM
no need to apologise bro, just let me know when youre done then we can move on to the next one in sha Allah bi'idnillah :)
Thanks for this, Bro; yes, I'll try to get back into it soon.

manofIslam
01-29-2021, 06:49 AM
Actually, Bro: I'm so sorry about this, but I think I'm going to have trouble keeping this going, even though it's a very good idea: It's just that my wife suffers from severe Fibromyalgia and I'm now her full-time Carer; and so as a result, I won't really have a lot of time to be on this Forum, or on the Internet in general, from now on. So once again, I apologise for this, my dear brother, and I hope that you get some more participants soon.

Jazak Allah khair, Bro.

Simply_Logical
01-29-2021, 05:28 PM
Actually, Bro: I'm so sorry about this, but I think I'm going to have trouble keeping this going, even though it's a very good idea: It's just that my wife suffers from severe Fibromyalgia and I'm now her full-time Carer; and so as a result, I won't really have a lot of time to be on this Forum, or on the Internet in general, from now on. So once again, I apologise for this, my dear brother, and I hope that you get some more participants soon.

Jazak Allah khair, Bro.
no worries bro, you dont need to explain anything to me, may Allah swt grant your wife shifa and make it easy for you too Ameen

manofIslam
01-29-2021, 06:10 PM
no worries bro, you dont need to explain anything to me, may Allah swt grant your wife shifa and make it easy for you too Ameen
Thanks so much for this, Bro; that's very kind of you, and thanks for being so understanding.

Take care, and may ALLAH Bless you always.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.