/* */

PDA

View Full Version : O women, do not turn your hijab into camel hump.

taha_
01-26-2021, 02:29 PM
Do not make your hijab like that of camel hump. Prophet peace be upon him has prohibited this.

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) having said this:

Two are the types of the denizens of Hell whom I did not see: people having flogs like the tails of the ox with them and they would be beating people, and the women who would be dressed but appear to be naked, who would be inclined (to evil) and make their husbands incline towards it. Their heads would be like the humps of the bukht camel inclined to one side. They will not enter Paradise and they would not smell its odor whereas its odour would be smelt from such and such distance.

حَدَّثَنِي زُهَيْرُ بْنُ حَرْبٍ، حَدَّثَنَا جَرِيرٌ، عَنْ سُهَيْلٍ، عَنْ أَبِيهِ، عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ صِنْفَانِ مِنْ أَهْلِ النَّارِ لَمْ أَرَهُمَا قَوْمٌ مَعَهُمْ سِيَاطٌ كَأَذْنَابِ الْبَقَرِ يَضْرِبُونَ بِهَا النَّاسَ وَنِسَاءٌ كَاسِيَاتٌ عَارِيَاتٌ مُمِيلاَتٌ مَائِلاَتٌ رُءُوسُهُنَّ كَأَسْنِمَةِ الْبُخْتِ الْمَائِلَةِ لاَ يَدْخُلْنَ الْجَنَّةَ وَلاَ يَجِدْنَ رِيحَهَا وَإِنَّ رِيحَهَا لَيُوجَدُ مِنْ مَسِيرَةِ كَذَا وَكَذَا ‏"‏ ‏.‏

Reference : Sahih Muslim 2128

Unfortunately this has become very common. You must realize that hijab is not for fashion. It is for following Allah's command.

Allah says in Quran:
يَـٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّبِىُّ قُل لِّأَزْوَٰجِكَ وَبَنَاتِكَ وَنِسَآءِ ٱلْمُؤْمِنِينَ يُدْنِينَ عَلَيْهِنَّ مِن جَلَـٰبِيبِهِنَّ ۚ ذَٰلِكَ أَدْنَىٰٓ أَن يُعْرَفْنَ فَلَا يُؤْذَيْنَ ۗ وَكَانَ ٱللَّهُ غَفُورًا رَّحِيمًا

O Prophet, tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to bring down over themselves [part] of their outer garments. That is more suitable that they will be known and not be abused. And ever is Allah Forgiving and Merciful. (Quran 33:59)

And also other important parts from the hadith.

"the women who would be dressed but appear to be naked,"

Nowsday. tight clothings also has become popular. Some even wear hijab, yet still naked because they are not wearing full hijab, just only the headscarf, instead they wear shirt and jean, showing their body.

It is also against the verse as mentioned above.

May Allah guide us.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
manofIslam
01-27-2021, 07:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by taha_
Do not make your hijab like that of camel hump. Prophet peace be upon him has prohibited this.

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) having said this:

Two are the types of the denizens of Hell whom I did not see: people having flogs like the tails of the ox with them and they would be beating people, and the women who would be dressed but appear to be naked, who would be inclined (to evil) and make their husbands incline towards it. Their heads would be like the humps of the bukht camel inclined to one side. They will not enter Paradise and they would not smell its odor whereas its odour would be smelt from such and such distance.

حَدَّثَنِي زُهَيْرُ بْنُ حَرْبٍ، حَدَّثَنَا جَرِيرٌ، عَنْ سُهَيْلٍ، عَنْ أَبِيهِ، عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ صِنْفَانِ مِنْ أَهْلِ النَّارِ لَمْ أَرَهُمَا قَوْمٌ مَعَهُمْ سِيَاطٌ كَأَذْنَابِ الْبَقَرِ يَضْرِبُونَ بِهَا النَّاسَ وَنِسَاءٌ كَاسِيَاتٌ عَارِيَاتٌ مُمِيلاَتٌ مَائِلاَتٌ رُءُوسُهُنَّ كَأَسْنِمَةِ الْبُخْتِ الْمَائِلَةِ لاَ يَدْخُلْنَ الْجَنَّةَ وَلاَ يَجِدْنَ رِيحَهَا وَإِنَّ رِيحَهَا لَيُوجَدُ مِنْ مَسِيرَةِ كَذَا وَكَذَا ‏"‏ ‏.‏

Reference : Sahih Muslim 2128

Unfortunately this has become very common. You must realize that hijab is not for fashion. It is for following Allah's command.

Allah says in Quran:
يَـٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّبِىُّ قُل لِّأَزْوَٰجِكَ وَبَنَاتِكَ وَنِسَآءِ ٱلْمُؤْمِنِينَ يُدْنِينَ عَلَيْهِنَّ مِن جَلَـٰبِيبِهِنَّ ۚ ذَٰلِكَ أَدْنَىٰٓ أَن يُعْرَفْنَ فَلَا يُؤْذَيْنَ ۗ وَكَانَ ٱللَّهُ غَفُورًا رَّحِيمًا

O Prophet, tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to bring down over themselves [part] of their outer garments. That is more suitable that they will be known and not be abused. And ever is Allah Forgiving and Merciful. (Quran 33:59)

And also other important parts from the hadith.

"the women who would be dressed but appear to be naked,"

Nowsday. tight clothings also has become popular. Some even wear hijab, yet still naked because they are not wearing full hijab, just only the headscarf, instead they wear shirt and jean, showing their body.

It is also against the verse as mentioned above.

May Allah guide us.
Excuse my ignorance, but Bro, wouldn't they find it difficult if they had very long hair?

BeTheChange
01-27-2021, 10:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by manofIslam
Excuse my ignorance, but Bro, wouldn't they find it difficult if they had very long hair?
No it's very easy. In fact the longer the hair the easier it is because you simply wrap your hair in a very high bun.

Sisters with short hair will use hair props or extra large hair bun ties which make the hair look like it has lots of volume and gives the hijaab shape. It's very fashionable these days but of course against our teachings.

Islami.Mu'mina
01-28-2021, 12:52 AM
No it's very easy. In fact the longer the hair the easier it is because you simply wrap your hair in a very high bun.
assalamu alaykum. I think he meant “isn’t it difficult for women to not have a camel hump if they have longer hair”

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Islami.Mu'mina
01-28-2021, 12:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by manofIslam
assalamu alaykum. It isn’t hard. If you have a hijab that hangs from the back of your head, you can just put it in a low bun and it wont show.

some girls have a tight head scarf that wraps around their neck so it does show the bun if they have long hair. Firstly, they shouldnt be wearing these scarves because it doesn’t cover the chest. Secondly, they can just braid their hair and hang it down into the back underneath their abaya. I used to do this all the time instead of putting my hair into buns because its more gentle on hair

manofIslam
01-28-2021, 04:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Islami.Mu'mina
assalamu alaykum. It isn’t hard. If you have a hijab that hangs from the back of your head, you can just put it in a low bun and it wont show.

some girls have a tight head scarf that wraps around their neck so it does show the bun if they have long hair. Firstly, they shouldnt be wearing these scarves because it doesn’t cover the chest. Secondly, they can just braid their hair and hang it down into the back underneath their abaya. I used to do this all the time instead of putting my hair into buns because its more gentle on hair
Thanks for this Sister; I understand now.

Revert alYunani
01-28-2021, 06:07 AM
Salam alaikum

I dont want to oppose anything i am just trying to understand.I dont see where is the part that speaks about hijab? How did we reach in this conclusion?

it says ''Their heads would be like the humps of the bukht camel inclined to one side.''

What i know about camels is that their humps are full of fat,not a normal fat but an acidic one super rich in nutrients to supply the camels if they dont eat for a long time.When a camel doesnt eat for a long time or is malnutritional she will consume from the fat in her hump,thus the hump will be empty from inside and there is nothing to keep that skin on the shape,thus the skin will fall from one side.Google in images ''empty camel hump''.It has completely different than the hijab who looks like a hump.And the hadith clearly says ''inclined to one side''.I have a hijabi at work who wears hijab like this and her hijab look like a full perfect camel hump,not inclined at all.Also the hadith says ''their heads'',not their hijab.

Today there is a hairstyle that matches this perfectly and came to my mind directly when i read this.Its called ''Swept side hairstyle for women''.You may google it and make the comparison between that and the empty camel hump,they are exactly the same.
The women who do this hairstyle frequently they shave one side of their head.And what came to my mind too is that one of the signs that a person is afflicted or possesed by the jinn is that they shave one side of their head.
And if you can see the way women who do this hairstyle dress,even the parts covered by cloth still show every form of their body as if they were naked.Thus they fit the women of this hadith perfectly.

Btw,i am not talking against the hairstyle.I dont want someone here who reads this to be afraid and think this is haram.I am only sharing what i think.Please do your own searches of what hairstyles are allowed and what not.
Again i am not opposing anything just a question to understand it better.Maybe i am very wrong.

taha_
01-28-2021, 06:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Revert alYunani
I dont want to oppose anything i am just trying to understand.I dont see where is the part that speaks about hijab? How did we reach in this conclusion?
The second type is “women who are clothed yet naked, walking with an enticing gait, with something on their heads that looks like the humps of camels, leaning to one side.” Al-Nawawi said concerning the meaning of this passage: al-kaasiyaat al-‘aariyaat (translated here as “clothed yet naked”) means that they will uncover part of their bodies to show their beauty, so they will be clothed yet naked. And it was said that they will wear thin clothes which shows what is beneath them, so they will be clothed yet virtually naked. With regard to the phrase Maa’ilaat mumeelaat (translated here as “walking with an enticing gait”), it was said that it means: deviating from obedience to Allaah and from the commandment to guard their chastity, etc. Mumeelaat means, teaching others to do what they do. And it was said that Maa’ilaat means walking with an enticing gait and mumeelaat means moving their shoulders. And it was said that it means that they try to tempt men by means of showing their adornments.
With regard to the phrase Ru’oosahunna ka asnimat il-bukht (translated here as “with something on their heads that looks like the humps of camels”), this may mean that they make their heads look bigger with veils and turbans, which are wrapped around the head, so that they look like the humps of camels. This is the well-known interpretation. Al-Maaziri said: it may be that what is meant is that they will not lower their gaze in the presence of men, rather they will look directly at them.
Sharh al-Nawawi ‘ala Saheeh Muslim, 17/191.

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/4701...-have-not-seen

Revert alYunani
01-28-2021, 06:39 AM
The second type is “women who are clothed yet naked, walking with an enticing gait, with something on their heads that looks like the humps of camels, leaning to one side.” Al-Nawawi said concerning the meaning of this passage: al-kaasiyaat al-‘aariyaat (translated here as “clothed yet naked”) means that they will uncover part of their bodies to show their beauty, so they will be clothed yet naked. And it was said that they will wear thin clothes which shows what is beneath them, so they will be clothed yet virtually naked. With regard to the phrase Maa’ilaat mumeelaat (translated here as “walking with an enticing gait”), it was said that it means: deviating from obedience to Allaah and from the commandment to guard their chastity, etc. Mumeelaat means, teaching others to do what they do. And it was said that Maa’ilaat means walking with an enticing gait and mumeelaat means moving their shoulders. And it was said that it means that they try to tempt men by means of showing their adornments.
With regard to the phrase Ru’oosahunna ka asnimat il-bukht (translated here as “with something on their heads that looks like the humps of camels”), this may mean that they make their heads look bigger with veils and turbans, which are wrapped around the head, so that they look like the humps of camels. This is the well-known interpretation. Al-Maaziri said: it may be that what is meant is that they will not lower their gaze in the presence of men, rather they will look directly at them.
Sharh al-Nawawi ‘ala Saheeh Muslim, 17/191.

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/4701...-have-not-seen

jazakhAllahu khair for sharing...yet the part ''inclined to one side'' is ''ignored''. Do you know any other explanation? If you do please share it in shaa Allah
ahaaaa btw writing this smth came to my mind. Side turban hijab,its a hijab where you put it in one side and it does look like the inclined hump of the camel.I am way more convinced now,though if you have another explanation still you share it jazakhAllahu khair.nice thread btw this was interesting.

taha_
01-28-2021, 06:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Revert alYunani
jazakhAllahu khair for sharing...yet the part ''inclined to one side'' is ''ignored''. Do you know any other explanation? If you do please share it in shaa Allah
ahaaaa btw writing this smth came to my mind. Side turban hijab,its a hijab where you put it in one side and it does look like the inclined hump of the camel.I am way more convinced now,though if you have another explanation still you share it jazakhAllahu khair.nice thread btw this was interesting.
JazakAllah khaiyr, I am not quite knowledgeable, or scholar. I cannot explain this meaning, forgive me for that, brother.

May be you can ask a well-trusted scholar about this, in sha Allah you will get the answer.

Revert alYunani
01-28-2021, 07:15 AM
JazakAllah khaiyr, I am not quite knowledgeable, or scholar. I cannot explain this meaning, forgive me for that, brother.

May be you can ask a well-trusted scholar about this, in sha Allah you will get the answer.
Lol i meant if you had another explanation like the link from islamqa that you sent me, not that you explain it haha... Dont say forgive me please...thank you again :)

Islami.Mu'mina
01-28-2021, 01:06 PM
says ''inclined to one side''.
maybe by inclined to one side, it could be referring to the back side since the camel hump hijabis have a big bump coming out the back of their heads

Revert alYunani
01-28-2021, 03:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Islami.Mu'mina
maybe by inclined to one side, it could be referring to the back side since the camel hump hijabis have a big bump coming out the back of their heads
Yes so if you see it on the profile it looks like the camel hump inclined on the back.
But even the cases i said especially with the side turban hijab still apply so amazing hadith

xboxisdead
01-28-2021, 08:47 PM
As I was walking on the street two days I saw hijjab sisters wearing the tightest of pants but still wearing scarf. This is too common now. Only the most pious amongst them don't wear pants and noor of imaan brightly emanate from those sisters. Sisters who copy the kufar....look spend...dark and dull.

ElpanosSutra
01-05-2023, 02:34 PM
The meaning of the following hadith is interpreted differently by everyone. I would like to know its exact meaning. The hadith says: "Their heads are like camel's humps swinging. This means that the woman gathers her hair into a bundle under the hijab so that she can wear the hijab comfortably. But how else could she gather her hair?

ElpanosSutra
01-06-2023, 04:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ElpanosSutra
The meaning of the following hadith is interpreted differently by everyone. I would like to know its exact meaning. The hadith says: "Their heads are like camel's humps swinging. This means that the woman gathers her hair into a bundle under the hijab so that she can wear the hijab comfortably. But how else could she gather her hair?
It's just not about the hijab, but about a woman who does not bend her head in front of a man to hide her eyes from him. And the hump of hair under the hijab does not move like a camel. It's not about clothes and hair. I recently picked up several hijabs at an Abayas store and each time there was a note with a hadith on it. According to Shariah, even a woman's head should be covered with a tight-fitting cloth as well as her hands. If there is a hump there, it is against the Koran.

Khanlalaje
10-15-2023, 04:23 PM
Assalam o Alaikum,
The Hadith States
"and the women who would be dressed but appear to be naked, who would be inclined (to evil) and make their husbands incline towards it. Their heads would be like the humps of the Bukht camel inclined to one side"
Please can any one guide me, why do we presume that this Hadith is about the women who wear Hijab or abayas?
I can only understand that the properties mentioned in the above phrase can only be found in a non-Hijabi or Abaya wearing Women, also if you let your Imagination free and read the Qualities mentioned then you will see the Figure/Attire (Clothed But Naked)/Hair Style/Gaze /Walking Style (Catwalk)/Motive (To make other Women Follow the same Fashion) of a woman who is doing a CATWALK.
I think it is about the Women who follow these lines and make other Women follow these lines.
Eh, Just my Thoughts.
MaAssalam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.