/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Please, brothers and sisters: Let's stop insulting each other!

manofIslam
01-26-2021, 05:35 PM
My Dear Brothers and Sisters in Islam,

WE REALLY NEED TO STOP INSULTING EACH OTHER!!!!

How can we consider ourselves to be Muslims, when we're being rude and insulting to our Brothers and Sisters?!

Some of the recent comments that I've read on this Forum, in the various Discussion Threads, are terrible!! We shouldn't be talking to each other like this!

Perhaps, if you don't agree with someone, then it might be better not to say anything, rather than to be rude and insulting!!

This fighting and arguing amongst Muslims, is what has degraded our Ummah!!

As Muslims: We need to wake up to ourselves!!

Have you ever wondered why Non-Muslims, especially Christians, are laughing at us?!! Well, it's because we can't seem to agree on anything!!! We're not United!!

And our whole Muslim Ummah NEEDS TO BE UNITED, if we're going to have any chance at all of attracting people to this beautiful Religion of ours: i.e. ISLAM!!!

SO: How about we take a good and hard look at ourselves and WAKE UP TO OURSELVES, DEAR BROTHERS AND SISTERS!!!!

Oh, and I sincerely hope that the Administrators won't delete this Thread! Please: can we please keep this, for everyone to read this?!!

And finally: who am I to be writing all of this?!

Well, I'm a Revert to Islam (from Christianity) of 6 and a half years, and I'm a man who's almost 60 years old! And I like to think that I really care about people in general!! And I know that ISLAM is the only True Religion!! AAMEEN!!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ümit
01-26-2021, 05:49 PM
And do not make it to a competition.

It is not about winning or losing a discussion...it is about pinpointing the truth...the needed answer...whethet you were right or wrong.

Learn to say sorry when you are wrong...you will lose the discussion perhaps...but you will earn respect...which is lots more valuable.

manofIslam
01-26-2021, 05:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ümit
And do not make it to a competition.

It is not about winning or losing a discussion...it is about pinpointing the truth...the needed answer...whethet you were right or wrong.

Learn to say sorry when you are wrong...you will lose the discussion perhaps...but you will earn respect...which is lots more valuable.

So very well said, Dear Brother!

Simply_Logical
01-26-2021, 07:26 PM
honestly i dont know which threads youre referring to but this is one of the more nicer islamic forums, where everyone is generally friendly and less argumentative, dont believe me? just go on ummah forums lol

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
manofIslam
01-26-2021, 08:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Simply_Logical
honestly i dont know which threads youre referring to but this is one of the more nicer islamic forums, where everyone is generally friendly and less argumentative, dont believe me? just go on ummah forums lol
Yes, I agree: this is a good Forum! But I've noticed that in some recent Posts in some of the Threads, abuse and insults are creeping in, sadly; so that's why I decided to create this Thread.

manofIslam
01-26-2021, 08:27 PM
And see the Thread entitled : "IGNORANT WOMEN......." and you'll see a good example of what I'm talking about!

Islami.Mu'mina
01-27-2021, 12:07 AM
gonna be honest, I always used to use this until i recently figured out about UF and made a new account. I already spotted so many tense threads as a newbie lol.

*charisma*
01-27-2021, 01:04 AM
Assalamu Alaikum,

When you see any insulting posts, please report them using our reporting feature (the caution sign located at the bottom left-hand side of every post).

manofIslam
01-27-2021, 02:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Assalamu Alaikum,

When you see any insulting posts, please report them using our reporting feature (the caution sign located at the bottom left-hand side of every post).
Waalaikum Assalam,

Certainly, Sister!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.