/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is it haram to snitch on cheaters?

y302
01-31-2021, 04:17 AM
My former school is cheating on a large scale, they have leaked versions of the exam before they even take it(the exam is from America), meaning they memorize the answers and finish 4 or 5 out of the six exams we are supposed to take in one session with a full mark, meanwhile others like me put so much more effort, and yet when it comes to college they get all the scholarships, the only thing keeping me from reporting them is that I don't want to be a hypocrite, cuz if I was there with them I might have joined in on the cheating, I don't wanna regret this later, I don't want Allah to block my rizq because I snitched on them. So what should I do?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MagnusÃ…hman
02-05-2021, 02:43 PM
Why aren't you there with them?

*charisma*
02-05-2021, 03:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by y302
My former school is cheating on a large scale, they have leaked versions of the exam before they even take it(the exam is from America), meaning they memorize the answers and finish 4 or 5 out of the six exams we are supposed to take in one session with a full mark, meanwhile others like me put so much more effort, and yet when it comes to college they get all the scholarships, the only thing keeping me from reporting them is that I don't want to be a hypocrite, cuz if I was there with them I might have joined in on the cheating, I don't wanna regret this later, I don't want Allah to block my rizq because I snitched on them. So what should I do?
Assalamu Alaikum,

If you see something wrong you should speak out about it. Since it is on a large scale that means it is something which is being done out in the open.
What you would/would not have done is simply hypothetical, so unless you've done it don't label yourself a hypocrite just yet. Although you should not accept for yourself what you'd reject in others.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.