/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Duha

taha_
02-02-2021, 07:46 AM
Duha, a voluntary prayer is recommended act to perform. It starts after sunrise until 10 mins before zuhr. Hazrat Abu Hurairah reported:

My friend (the Prophet (ﷺ) ) advised me to observe three things: (1) to fast three days a month; (2) to pray two rak`at of Duha prayer (forenoon prayer); and (3) to pray witr before sleeping.

Sahih Bukhari 1981.

Although it starts after sunrise, it is preferred to perform it when the sun has became hot, enough that the weaned camel could feel the heat.

Zaid b. Arqam, on seeing some people praying in the forenoon, said:
They well know that prayer at another time than this is more excellent, for Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said: The prayer of those who are penitent is observed when your weaned camels feel the heat of the sun.

Sahih Muslim 748a

Since voluntary prayers will be made up for our prayers if they are not compteled, on Day of Judgment. it is better that we try perform duha and other voluntary prayers such as Tahajjud.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MazharShafiq
02-02-2021, 04:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by taha_
Duha, a voluntary prayer is recommended act to perform. It starts after sunrise until 10 mins before zuhr. Hazrat Abu Hurairah reported:

My friend (the Prophet (ﷺ) ) advised me to observe three things: (1) to fast three days a month; (2) to pray two rak`at of Duha prayer (forenoon prayer); and (3) to pray witr before sleeping.

Sahih Bukhari 1981.

Although it starts after sunrise, it is preferred to perform it when the sun has became hot, enough that the weaned camel could feel the heat.

Zaid b. Arqam, on seeing some people praying in the forenoon, said:
They well know that prayer at another time than this is more excellent, for Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said: The prayer of those who are penitent is observed when your weaned camels feel the heat of the sun.

Sahih Muslim 748a

Since voluntary prayers will be made up for our prayers if they are not compteled, on Day of Judgment. it is better that we try perform duha and other voluntary prayers such as Tahajjud.
Absolutely right .

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.