/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What keeps you motivated?

iammuslim98
02-05-2021, 10:02 AM
Aoa.. What keeps you motivated to keep doing dua even though it has been a really long time for you making that dua.? What keeps you from giving up? What do you do when the setan keeps meddling with your mind when you do dua to give up?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MagnusÅhman
02-05-2021, 02:08 PM
Never tried it. If I turned to God and he rejected me, there would be no hope left, would it?

*charisma*
02-05-2021, 02:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by iammuslim98
Aoa.. What keeps you motivated to keep doing dua even though it has been a really long time for you making that dua.? What keeps you from giving up? What do you do when the setan keeps meddling with your mind when you do dua to give up?
Walaikum Asaalaam,

Change your perspective. What is it your asking for? Anything unanswered or rejected in dunyaa is replaced w/ something better in the afterlife inshaallah. I personally believe that your patience, tawakkul (reliance in Allah), and full acceptance in His decree is more valuable than that thing which you are seeking. This world is full of pain and hardship. To grow the resilience towards that hardship and not allow it to move you away from Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala is quite an admirable trait. Hold in your heart the feeling that whatever comes your way will be beloved or enough as that thing which you are seeking and you'll never feel like anything is missing.

iammuslim98
02-05-2021, 02:56 PM
Tried what??

- - - Updated - - -

format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Walaikum Asaalaam,

Change your perspective. What is it your asking for? Anything unanswered or rejected in dunyaa is replaced w/ something better in the afterlife inshaallah. I personally believe that your patience, tawakkul (reliance in Allah), and full acceptance in His decree is more valuable than that thing which you are seeking. This world is full of pain and hardship. To grow the resilience towards that hardship and not allow it to move you away from Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala is quite an admirable trait. Hold in your heart the feeling that whatever comes your way will be beloved or enough as that thing which you are seeking and you'll never feel like anything is missing.
Aoa. Yes, you are right. But thre isnt anything wrong in asking for something.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
*charisma*
02-05-2021, 02:57 PM
Tried what??
He's not muslim.

- - - Updated - - -

Aoa. Yes, you are right. But thre isnt anything wrong in asking for something.
Of course not, but in the same breath that you ask for something, you have to be able to accept the outcome wholeheartedly whatever it may be.

MagnusÅhman
02-05-2021, 03:19 PM
Tried what??
Dua. What is that? Maybe I've tried it in my own may.

"I know I had it coming, I know I can't be free. But that train keeps on moving, and that's what tortures me." -- Johnny Cash

*charisma*
02-05-2021, 03:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MagnusÅhman
Dua. What is that? Maybe I've tried it in my own may.

"I know I had it coming, I know I can't be free. But that train keeps on moving, and that's what tortures me." -- Johnny Cash
Du'a is supplication to Allah. I guess it's similar to how Christians "pray for something." But supplication is distinguishable from prayer in Islam.

Eric H
02-05-2021, 03:52 PM
Greetings and peace be with you iammuslim98;

But thre isnt anything wrong in asking for something.
I believe our prayers are answered in a way that help us towards eternal salvation. If I prayed for a 100k salary and got it, this would probably turn me more towards the ways of this world. I have posted the following dua before, but I believe it is helpful in trying to understand how they might be answered.

I asked for Strength.
And Allah gave me Difficulties to make me strong.
I asked for Wisdom.
And Allah gave me Problems to solve.
I asked for Prosperity.
And Allah gave me Brain and Brawn to work.
I asked for Courage.
And Allah gave me Danger to overcome.
I asked for Love.
And Allah gave me Troubled people to help.
I asked for Favours.
And Allah gave me Opportunities.

I received nothing I wanted
I received everything I needed
My Prayer has been answered.

May Allah bless you on your journey,
Eric

MagnusÅhman
02-05-2021, 04:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
I asked for Strength.
I asked for Wisdom.
I asked for Prosperity.
I asked for Courage.
I asked for Love.
I asked for Favours.
I asked for Support.
And Allah gave me Nothing.

Eric H
02-05-2021, 06:35 PM
Greetings and peace be with you MagnusÅhman; and welcome to the forum from another Christian;

format_quote Originally Posted by MagnusÅhman
I asked for Support.
And Allah gave me Nothing.
I firmly believe that God knows what we need as opposed to what we want, even before we ask for it. The only thing I ask for is the wisdom; strength and the peace to do God's will in bad times and good times.

I know that God gives me what is good, so I give thanks in both bad and good times.

My only other kind of prayer is one of repentance when I know I have failed which is often.

In the spirit of putting all our trust in God,
Eric

iammuslim98
02-08-2021, 07:16 AM
Aoa, but one can't help and wonder all these things. How long? When will Allah show us or give us what we need..

iammuslim98
02-08-2021, 05:43 PM
Aoa, also i as i shared in my other post should we not do dua for things everyone keeps telling me its impossible. Should we only do dua for things people/experts say can be granted.

- - - Updated - - -

format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
Greetings and peace be with you iammuslim98;

I believe our prayers are answered in a way that help us towards eternal salvation. If I prayed for a 100k salary and got it, this would probably turn me more towards the ways of this world. I have posted the following dua before, but I believe it is helpful in trying to understand how they might be answered.

I asked for Strength.
I asked for Wisdom.
I asked for Prosperity.
I asked for Courage.
I asked for Love.
I asked for Favours.

I received nothing I wanted
I received everything I needed
My Prayer has been answered.

May Allah bless you on your journey,
Eric
Aoa, i am sorry but this does not ease my mind

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.