/* */

PDA

View Full Version : niqab

taha_
02-05-2021, 03:34 PM
Niqab (face covering)

The body of woman is awrah, including her face. She must cover her face. While there are difference of opinions whether it is obligatory to cover face. Some of them say that it is not obligatory but better to cover it while other says it is obligatory. The strongest opinion is that it is obligatory, and there are many proofs for this from Quran, sunnah and saying of Salaf.

“And tell the believing women to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts) and not to show off their adornment except only that which is apparent (like both eyes for necessity to see the way, or outer palms of hands or one eye or dress like veil, gloves, headcover, apron), and to draw their veils all over Juyoobihinna (i.e. their bodies, faces, necks and bosoms) and not to reveal their adornment except to their husbands, or their fathers, or their husband’s fathers, or their sons, or their husband’s sons, or their brothers or their brother’s sons, or their sister’s sons, or their (Muslim) women (i.e. their sisters in Islam), or the (female) slaves whom their right hands possess, or old male servants who lack vigour, or small children who have no sense of feminine sex. And let them not stamp their feet so as to reveal what they hide of their adornment. And all of you beg Allaah to forgive you all, O believers, that you may be successful”

[al-Noor 24:31]

“O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks (veils) all over their bodies (i.e. screen themselves completely except the eyes or one eye to see the way). That will be better, that they should be known (as free respectable women) so as not to be annoyed. And Allaah is Ever Oft‑Forgiving, Most Merciful”
[al-Ahzaab 33:59]

Hazrat ibn abbas commented on this:

“Allaah commanded the believing women, if they go out of their houses for some need, to cover their faces from the top of their heads with their jilbaabs, and to leave one eye showing.”

We need to understand that there is nothing that is more attraction to a man than the beauitful and youthful face of a non mahram woman. Every men have this feeling.

Moreover Prophet peace be upon him said that who wants to propose to a woman should look at her, so that it may create love. In the meeting with the woman family, she can uncover her face. There is no doubt about this since the face of woman is source of attraction and beauty. So why should the sisters not cover their faces except in salat, ihram state and in proposing meeting?

The female companions of prophet peace be upon him were among greatest muslimah. They all covered their bodies including their faces. There is hadith that if woman did not have jilbaabs, she would refuse to go outside unless she was given one.

Hadith

حَدَّثَنَا أَحْمَدُ بْنُ مَنِيعٍ، حَدَّثَنَا هُشَيْمٌ، أَخْبَرَنَا مَنْصُورٌ، وَهُوَ ابْنُ زَاذَانَ عَنِ ابْنِ سِيرِينَ، عَنْ أُمِّ عَطِيَّةَ، أَنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم كَانَ يُخْرِجُ الأَبْكَارَ وَالْعَوَاتِقَ وَذَوَاتِ الْخُدُورِ وَالْحُيَّضَ فِي الْعِيدَيْنِ فَأَمَّا الْحُيَّضُ فَيَعْتَزِلْنَ الْمُصَلَّى وَيَشْهَدْنَ دَعْوَةَ الْمُسْلِمِينَ قَالَتْ إِحْدَاهُنَّ يَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ إِنْ لَمْ يَكُنْ لَهَا جِلْبَابٌ قَالَ ‏

‏ فَلْتُعِرْهَا أُخْتُهَا مِنْ جَلاَبِيبِهَا ‏"
‏ ‏‏
Umm Atiyyah narrated:

"Allah's Messenger would order the virgins, the mature women, the secluded and the menstruating to go out for the two Eid. As for the menstruating women, they were to stay away from the Musalla and participate in the Muslims supplications." One of them said: 'O Messenger of Allah! What if she does not have a Jilbab? He said: 'Then let her sis lend her a Jilbab.'"

Jami` at-Tirmidhi 539
In-book : Book 5, Hadith 10
English translation : Vol. 1, Book 5, Hadith 539
Jamiat Tirmidhi

Tgere are also other evidences indicating them covering their faces

It was narrated that ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) said: “May Allaah have mercy on the women of the Muhaajireen. When Allaah revealed the words (interpretation of the meaning)

‘and to draw their veils all over Juyoobihinna (i.e. their bodies, faces, necks and bosoms)…”

[al-Noor 24:31], they tore their aprons and covered their faces with them.”

(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 4480)

It was narrated from ‘Aa’ishah… that Safwaan ibn al-Mu’attal al-Sulami al-Dhakwaani was lagging behind the army. He came to where I had stopped and saw the black shape of a person sleeping. He recognized me when he saw me, because he had seen me before hijaab was enjoined. I woke up when I heard him saying ‘Inna Lillaahi wa inna ilayhi raaji’oon (verily to Allaah we belong and unto Him is our return),’ when he saw me, and I covered my face with my jilbaab.”

(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 3910; Muslim, 2770)

– It was narrated that Asma’ bint Abi Bakr said: We used to cover our faces in front of men.

Narrated by Ibn Khuzaymah, 4/203; al-Haakim, 1/624. He classed it as saheeh and al-Dhahabi agreed with him. It was also classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Jilbaab al-Mar’ah al-Muslimah.

It was narrated that ‘Aasim al-Ahwaal said: We used to enter upon Hafsah bint Sireen who had put her jilbab thus and covered her face with it, and we would say to her: May Allaah have mercy on you. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “And as for women past childbearing who do not expect wedlock, it is no sin on them if they discard their (outer) clothing in such a way as not to show their adornment” [al-Noor 24:60]. And she would say to us: What comes after that? We would say: “But to refrain (i.e. not to discard their outer clothing) is better for them”. And she would say: That is confirming the idea of hijab.

Narrated by al-Bayhaqi, 7/93.

Thus these evidences are clear that covering faces infront non mahram men is obligatory. As for the difference of opinions regarding the covering of faces. Some muslims say "we have different opinions regarding so and so matters so we can follow whatever is easiest "

Firstly we have to realize that Islam is not joke or toy to play with. Rather it is way of life, it is for benefiting you in whole way. Secondly we should not cherry pick the easiest opinion because that could lead to evil consequences. Rather we have to pick one that appears to be strongest. We have to realize that Allah mentions in Quran.

An-Nisa' 4:59

يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوٓا۟ أَطِيعُوا۟ ٱللَّهَ وَأَطِيعُوا۟ ٱلرَّسُولَ وَأُو۟لِى ٱلْأَمْرِ مِنكُمْۖ فَإِن تَنَٰزَعْتُمْ فِى شَىْءٍ فَرُدُّوهُ إِلَى ٱللَّهِ وَٱلرَّسُولِ إِن كُنتُمْ تُؤْمِنُونَ بِٱللَّهِ وَٱلْيَوْمِ ٱلْءَاخِرِۚ ذَٰلِكَ خَيْرٌ وَأَحْسَنُ تَأْوِيلًا

O you who have believed, obey Allah and obey the Messenger and those in authority among you. And if you disagree over anything, refer it to Allah and the Messenger, if you should believe in Allah and the Last Day. That is the best [way] and best in result.

Al-Ahzab 33:36

وَمَا كَانَ لِمُؤْمِنٍ وَلَا مُؤْمِنَةٍ إِذَا قَضَى ٱللَّهُ وَرَسُولُهُۥٓ أَمْرًا أَن يَكُونَ لَهُمُ ٱلْخِيَرَةُ مِنْ أَمْرِهِمْۗ وَمَن يَعْصِ ٱللَّهَ وَرَسُولَهُۥ فَقَدْ ضَلَّ ضَلَٰلًا مُّبِينًا

It is not for a believing man or a believing woman, when Allah and His Messenger have decided a matter, that they should [thereafter] have any choice about their affair. And whoever disobeys Allah and His Messenger has certainly strayed into clear error.

Allah and His messenger have authority to decide any matters in shariah. Scholars have no such authority. Rstger their job is to explain the religion with what they learned it from Quran and Sunnah. They are only human beings and not infallible.

Even hazrat ibn abbas got angry when he mentioned a religious matters by prophet peace be upon him yet instead the name of other companions was mentioned by other people

"(It may be that) stones may soon descend upon you from the heavens! I say to you: "Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said ..." and you say to me 'Abu Bakr and Umar said...'?!"

Source: Kitaab-e-Tawheed chapter: 38

May Allah guide us.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MagnusÅhman
02-05-2021, 05:18 PM
Forbidding thoughts tend to make them seem more interesting than they really are, and people (especially children who are supposed to revolt against grown ups) waste their life chasing it instead of serving Allah.

Wouldn't accepting and encouraging people to walk around naked, be a better solution? A human being without clothes is vulnerable and kind of uninteresting, which means that you can focus on more important things.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.