/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Advice please, building a language school - Muslim friendly

Eric H
02-09-2021, 09:48 PM
A friend in Manchester is converting an old building into a language school mainly for adults. They are expecting Muslims who have come into the country would benefit from this. She is aware that Muslims have special needs.

She would welcome the opportunity to speak on the phone to a knowledgeable Muslim, who could guide her in adapting the building to make it Islam friendly. Her role will purely be in the building project, she will not be involved with the school once it has been built.

Any thoughts or offers of help welcome.

Blessings and thanks, Eric

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
02-09-2021, 11:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
A friend in Manchester is converting an old building into a language school mainly for adults. They are expecting Muslims who have come into the country would benefit from this. She is aware that Muslims have special needs.

She would welcome the opportunity to speak on the phone to a knowledgeable Muslim, who could guide her in adapting the building to make it Islam friendly. Her role will purely be in the building project, she will not be involved with the school once it has been built.

Any thoughts or offers of help welcome.

Blessings and thanks, Eric
The only things I can think to suggest for consideration are accommodating for prayers, halal food, and segregation. A clean room specifically used for prayers, separate bathrooms for males and females and even separate classes if possible (would be great if toilets had bidets/spray hoses installed for ablution), and perhaps a part of the kitchen where there isn't cross contamination w/ non-halal foods.

This is all dependent on how the school will be run of course, because speaking personally if I were to stay for at school for just one hour, I may not really need use all of those facilities.

Eric H
02-10-2021, 12:44 AM
Greetings and peace be with you charisma,

format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
The only things I can think to suggest for consideration are accommodating for prayers, halal food, and segregation. A clean room specifically used for prayers, separate bathrooms for males and females and even separate classes if possible (would be great if toilets had bidets/spray hoses installed for ablution), and perhaps a part of the kitchen where there isn't cross contamination w/ non-halal foods.
Thank you so much for your reply, I can pass your message onto her, but I think she wanted to talk to someone on the phone, but only if you are willing. The other thought that just crossed my mind is, would you have any photos of the above that she could use as a guide; and an explanation to go with them.

Sarah does not have a faith, but she is very ethically minded. She said she could just build rooms and toilets to comply with building regulations. But she feels there are specific Islamic needs, she said she would do her best to see they are met, providing she has guidance.

Thanks again for your thoughts, blessings,
Eric

Revert alYunani
02-10-2021, 03:16 PM
Thats so nice of her. Thanks a lot to you too for contributing :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.