/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why does the Bible say Jesus is God If it's not true?

punch
02-12-2021, 03:56 PM
If this is really a lie, why did the apostles and Paul die for a lie?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ümit
02-12-2021, 04:21 PM
The Bible has been changed many times. İ do not believe that people who have met İsa (as) (Jesus) would ever claim he was God. İsa (as) never claimed he was God himself. Why would the apostles claim that? That is, if their belief wasn't corrupted from the start.

İ do not know which apostle witnessed the miracle that İsa (as) was taken into heavens minutes before the romans came for him....and someone else was arrested and punished in his place.
The romans think they killed İsa (as)...the people who witnessed this miracle know better.

Ümit
02-12-2021, 04:25 PM
Besides...there are many passages in the bible that says jesus was not God...and that Jesus can do nothing without Gods help...and that God is not man...nor son of man...etc...

punch
02-12-2021, 06:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ümit
The Bible has been changed many times. İ do not believe that people who have met İsa (as) (Jesus) would ever claim he was God. İsa (as) never claimed he was God himself. Why would the apostles claim that? That is, if their belief wasn't corrupted from the start.

İ do not know which apostle witnessed the miracle that İsa (as) was taken into heavens minutes before the romans came for him....and someone else was arrested and punished in his place.
The romans think they killed İsa (as)...the people who witnessed this miracle know better.
You have no evidence at all for your claims, the oldest manuscripts of the Bible speak for the divinity of Jesus and for the crucifixion. Even among critical historians, the crucifixion is indisputable. Your only source is a religion that originated somewhere in Arabia 600 years after the Bible.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
eesa the kiwi
02-12-2021, 06:47 PM
Please bring the verse where it states Jesus alayhis salam was God

eesa the kiwi
02-12-2021, 06:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by punch
You have no evidence at all for your claims, the oldest manuscripts of the Bible speak for the divinity of Jesus and for the crucifixion. Even among critical historians, the crucifixion is indisputable. Your only source is a religion that originated somewhere in Arabia 600 years after the Bible.

Oldest manuscripts of the Bible contradict each other. There's something like 5000 manuscripts and no two are exactly the same. At least the religion you criticize for coming 600 years later has its scripture intact without a letter changed

punch
02-12-2021, 07:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by eesa the kiwi
Please bring the verse where it states Jesus alayhis salam was God
John 8:58-59
Jesus said to them: Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am. Then they picked up stones to stone him.

Exodus 3:13-14
And Moses said unto God: What is your name? Then God said to Moses, "I am" is my name.

punch
02-12-2021, 07:20 PM
Oldest manuscripts of the Bible contradict each other. There's something like 5000 manuscripts and no two are exactly the same. At least the religion you criticize for coming 600 years later has its scripture intact without a letter changed
Through the many manuscripts it is possible to capture the original by comparing. The many manuscripts are a huge advantage for this reason.
The discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls which are written long before Christ were compared with today's Bible, it was found that they were identical, this finding testifies to the reliability of the writings of the Bible.

eesa the kiwi
02-12-2021, 07:23 PM
John 8:58-59
Jesus said to them: Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am. Then they picked up stones to stone him.

Exodus 3:13-14
And Moses said unto God: What is your name? Then God said to Moses, "I am" is my name.

Doesn't sound to me like he is stating he is God, you have brought verses in your mind that according to you allude to it
You see Allah is very clear when it comes to matters of faith. Surely something if it were to be so essential to salvation would be stated explicitly like the verse hear oh Israel the Lord your God is one

Not riddles to be solved like the one you have brought

- - - Updated - - -

Through the many manuscripts it is possible to capture the original by comparing. The many manuscripts are a huge advantage for this reason.
The discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls which are written long before Christ were compared with today's Bible, it was found that they were identical, this finding testifies to the reliability of the writings of the Bible.

Now youre just lying. Even Christian scholars don't claim this

punch
02-12-2021, 07:33 PM
Doesn't sound to me like he is stating he is God, you have brought verses in your mind that according to you allude to it
You see Allah is very clear when it comes to matters of faith. Surely something if it were to be so essential to salvation would be stated explicitly like the verse hear oh Israel the Lord your God is one

Not riddles to be solved like the one you have brought
So they wanted to stone him just for fun?

John 10:32-33
Jesus answered them: Why do you want to stone me? The Jews answered him, Because you, being a man, makest thyself God.

Now youre just lying. Even Christian scholars don't claim this
The dead sea scrolls are identical with today's bible. You can compare both scriptures yourself, they are online. The crucifixion is also included in these writings, prophesied by the biblical prophet Isaiah before Jesus was even born.
Thank God for this discovery!

punch
02-12-2021, 07:38 PM
After years of careful study, it has been concluded that the Dead Sea Scrolls give substantial confirmation that our Old Testament has been accurately preserved. The scrolls were found to be almost identical with the Masoretic text. Hebrew Scholar Millar Burrows writes, "It is a matter of wonder that through something like one thousand years the text underwent so little alteration. As I said in my first article on the scroll, ‘Herein lies its chief importance, supporting the fidelity of the Masoretic tradition.

Since the documents were found to be identical with our Masoretic Text, we can be reasonably sure that our Old Testament is the same one that the Essenes were studying and working from.

https://bible.org/article/dead-sea-scrolls#:~:text=Despite%20the%20thousand%20year%20 gap%2C%20scholars%20found%20the,carefully%20preser ved.%20The%20Messianic%20Prophecies%20and%20the%20 Scrolls

eesa the kiwi
02-12-2021, 07:44 PM
So they wanted to stone him just for fun?

John 10:32-33
Jesus answered them: Why do you want to stone me? The Jews answered him, Because you, being a man, makest thyself God.

The dead sea scrolls are identical with today's bible. You can compare both scriptures yourself, they are online. The crucifixion is also included in these writings, prophesied by the biblical prophet Isaiah before Jesus was even born.
Thank God for this discovery!
The Jews according to you proceeded to crucify him. So we are to take as evidence the words of those who wanted to kill him.
Where is the explicit words of Jesus alayhis salam? Not allusions not twists of the tounge. Where is Jesus saying" I am God"
I can bring plenty of explicit verses stating Allah is one. I can bring verses where it states Allah is not man nor the son of man

Can you bring even one explicit verse? If this concept is so important to your salvation surely it would be easy for you to find.

The dead sea scrolls aren't identical with today's Bible. Please bring your evidence if you are truthful

eesa the kiwi
02-12-2021, 07:46 PM
After years of careful study, it has been concluded that the Dead Sea Scrolls give substantial confirmation that our Old Testament has been accurately preserved. The scrolls were found to be almost identical with the Masoretic text. Hebrew Scholar Millar Burrows writes, "It is a matter of wonder that through something like one thousand years the text underwent so little alteration. As I said in my first article on the scroll, ‘Herein lies its chief importance, supporting the fidelity of the Masoretic tradition.

Since the documents were found to be identical with our Masoretic Text, we can be reasonably sure that our Old Testament is the same one that the Essenes were studying and working from.

https://bible.org/article/dead-sea-scrolls#:~:text=Despite%20the%20thousand%20year%20 gap%2C%20scholars%20found%20the,carefully%20preser ved.%20The%20Messianic%20Prophecies%20and%20the%20 Scrolls

https://api-nationalgeographic-com.c...rom%20%251%24s
Dead sea scrolls at the museum the Bible are forgeries

punch
02-12-2021, 08:08 PM
https://api-nationalgeographic-com.c...rom%20%251%24s
Dead sea scrolls at the museum the Bible are forgeries
These are not the dead sea scrolls from the qumran. These fake scrolls are from a museum which was deceived.

The real Dead Sea Scrolls represent the earliest surviving pieces of the Bible's Old Testament. The hundreds of original scrolls were found in the mid-20th century in the Qumran caves in the West Bank of Israel. In the last two decades, more fragments have emerged on the antiquities market, prompting some suspicion about where they came from.
Dead Sea Scroll Fragments in Museum of the Bible Are Fake | Live Science

Eric H
02-12-2021, 09:35 PM
Greetings and peace be with you punch; and welcome to the forum;

You put your religion down as 'other' could I ask what it is please; and what your intentions are from posting on this forum.

In the spirit of searching for a greatest meaning of 'One God'.
Eric

keiv
02-13-2021, 12:22 AM
Muslims don't dispute a crucifixion occurred. We just happen to believe it wasn't Isa a.s on it.

SoldierAmatUllah
02-13-2021, 04:59 AM
Research done at Munich uni showed that bible had more than 1 lac errors.There are several verses in bible that says Jesus never claimed he's God.Check out gospel of barnabas,tells a different story & they were hidden by priests etc for a long time before they were retrieved.What you base your proof on Jesus is god?which other religious books says that apart from bible?

Pls check out Dr zakir naik& Ahmed Deedat's lectures on the topic,then come back!

I wish you the best & pray to Allah Almighty for your guidance!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.