/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How can we not give up??

iammuslim98
02-23-2021, 06:38 AM
Aoa. When it comes to doing dua, we are told never to give up. Even if decades go by, we are still not allowed to say Allah didn't answr. How is that fair? I didnt ask to be born. Hardships is a part of life. But there comes a time when the heart, mind and body finally gives up. How much pain can an individual endure, and still we are told Allah is merciful. How do you convince yourself that it will be okay.???

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
02-23-2021, 12:59 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

format_quote Originally Posted by iammuslim98
Aoa. When it comes to doing dua, we are told never to give up. Even if decades go by, we are still not allowed to say Allah didn't answr. How is that fair? I didnt ask to be born. Hardships is a part of life. But there comes a time when the heart, mind and body finally gives up. How much pain can an individual endure, and still we are told Allah is merciful. How do you convince yourself that it will be okay.???
Abu Sa’id al-Khudri reported: The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “There is no Muslim who calls upon Allah, without sin or cutting family ties, but that Allah will give him one of three answers: He will quickly fulfill his supplication, He will store it for him in the Hereafter, or He will divert an evil from him similar to it.” They said, “In that case we will ask for more.” The Prophet said, “Allah has even more.”

This whole "I don't think it's fair..." phenomenon happening among you youth is so sad. Subhanallah you have the audacity to say about Allah that He is not fair?

How much pain can an individual endure, and still we are told Allah is merciful. How do you convince yourself that it will be okay.???
What suffering is it you're enduring as you're sitting in your room with a roof over your head, food in your stomach, and a rested body? What is your suffering that you are able to even talk about "suffering"? The reason you think you are suffering is because you are not grateful. That is it. If you don't want this life since you haven't asked to be born as you say, then why are you asking for anything at all from this life anyway? Why are you unable to resist it if you hate it so much?

Let me remind you, since most of your threads seem to revolve about you making du'a focused on this one thing, that you worship Allah, He does not worship you. You don't follow islam to get what you want out of this life. This life is garbage, it is nothing. Stop chasing self-gratification and refocus yourself before it's too late.

iammuslim98
02-23-2021, 01:54 PM
Why so rude..

- - - Updated - - -

I never claimed Allah worships us. But it is unfair that we ae not even allowed to complain because it would be regarded as being ungrateful. It is unfair.

*charisma*
02-23-2021, 04:20 PM
I never claimed Allah worships us. But it is unfair that we ae not even allowed to complain because it would be regarded as being ungrateful. It is unfair.
Rude? You called Allah unfair, and I'm the rude one? Get your priorities straightened out because you are being blasphemous and that puts you out of the fold of Islam FYI.

and you ARE being ungrateful. Your iman is weak as you are complaining to Allah's creations about Allah. Rather than asking for His aid, seeking istighfaar because of your shortcomings as a Muslim, and seeking true patience, you have the audacity to believe you deserve anything in this life and then call Allah unfair lol. Sorry, but it just doesn't make any sense. I think you need to hit rock bottom and then some.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
iammuslim98
02-23-2021, 05:17 PM
How is my saying blasphemy?? One of the reasons why Islamophobia is so prevalent is because of people like you.. Who instead of answering like a normal person, throw a frenzy. You need to get ur life straightened out, because if u remain such a hideous human being, u will not only bring down urself but harm Islam's image as well..

iammuslim98
02-23-2021, 05:19 PM
And how am i being ungrateful? Everyone has a different threshold when it comes to patience.. GOD created us like that. Lol. Get some education and then start up an educated argument. My question ws about till when, not why now why me etc. Can u not understand simple english? I can translate it for u in French, Mandarin and even Persian if you want.

*charisma*
02-23-2021, 06:39 PM
How is my saying blasphemy?? One of the reasons why Islamophobia is so prevalent is because of people like you.. Who instead of answering like a normal person, throw a frenzy. You need to get ur life straightened out, because if u remain such a hideous human being, u will not only bring down urself but harm Islam's image as well..
I'm the one hideous? Because of what? You're insulting me and insulting Allah. I haven't once insulted you. You're just getting triggered because I'm saying the truth and that hurts, but apparently you need someone to flower your words for you. I'm not going to sugarcoat anything. Islamophobia is prevalent because of Muslims who have low iman and cannot defend their religion, and have no identity, not the other way around. And Islam's image is not dependent on me or you, fun fact: it will thrive without us. If you believe otherwise, you're brainwashed.

And how am i being ungrateful? Everyone has a different threshold when it comes to patience.. GOD created us like that. Lol. Get some education and then start up an educated argument. My question ws about till when, not why now why me etc. Can u not understand simple english? I can translate it for u in French, Mandarin and even Persian if you want.
The very fact you cannot see your ungratefulness is worrying. These very statements:

Even if decades go by, we are still not allowed to say Allah didn't answr. How is that fair?
I didnt ask to be born.
How much pain can an individual endure, and still we are told Allah is merciful.
Allah is al 'adl (the Just) and ar-Rahmaan (the Merciful) and you've called Him unfair going against His very names. I don't have respect for someone who believes they are entitled while insulting our Lord with such an attribution. So what if we have different thresholds for patience? if your patience has run out then what? You resort to insult and disrespect? Some great manners and character you have going on there. I guess patience is not the only thing that runs out.

Your original question has been answered multiple times. If the answer is not satisfying from the prophet pbuh himself and from Allah Himself, then maybe the problem is you?? Look inwards.

'Abd-al Latif
02-23-2021, 09:48 PM
When you ask Allah to give you patience, He won't just give it to you. He'll put you in challenging circumstances that will teach you 'how' to be patient. You must remember that Allah is good and all that He does, without exception, is good. You must remember that the purpose of hardships is to bring you closer to Allah, to help you grow in your belief and as a person, and it is not to frivolously burden you with difficulty.

As a believer, you must maintain your hope that Allah will respond to you soon and that any delays are likely due to the following reasons:

1. Allah is best placed to decide when to respond to your plea for help. This is for your benefit.
2. Give up sin and repent to Allah. It is possible that your duas are being held back by sin.
3. Regularly complete all obligatory duties i.e. pray all 5 prayers on time
4. Start doing voluntary good deeds for the sake of Allah. Give charity no matter how small, pray the sunnah rawatib (i.e. the sunnah prayers connected to the obligatory prayers), and make your parents happy for Allah's sake.
5. Do not spend most of your time alone. Make friends with practicing sisters so you feel a sense of community and belonging. Come to this forum more often and we'll also support you.
6. Recite Qur'an and reflect on how Allah tested people before us and how He praised them for their patience. Examples of this are: Surah Yusuf, Surah al Kahf (specifically, the people of the cave), Surah al-Maryum and how Allah tested Maryum and Zakariyah, and Surah Al-Ibraheem and how Allah tested him and his children.

Most importantly, no matter what happens, do not lose your faith in Allah.

Studentofdeed
02-23-2021, 09:57 PM
I think Masha'Allah it's good there are some people who have high iman and full trust in Allah but we should take it easy at those who have weak iman. They may be struggling and have serious issues. Iman is something where for some people it fluctuates and they come here looking for any glimmer of hope we can give them. This shows they are indeed sincere because they are striving to hold on to and belief in mercy of Allah. They are just in dark place. Even I sometimes get desperate and have depressing thoughts but we should understand every one is at different levels of faith. If prophet Muhammad SAW knew this and specifically chose how to treat those of weaker iman. He would be straight foward with those of higher iman and very gentile with those of lower iman. We have to follow his example so we strengthen each other iman instead of breaking each other down. I understand very rude comments were said. Doesnt matter. Forget it and let's make this a healthy place of advice and meeting each other for the sake of Allah

M.I.A.
02-24-2021, 04:50 AM
I live in a world where people constantly ask, Every word that slips off the tongue is putting forward for tomorrow.

It's not my way but I do the same none the less.

I'm deluded by the things I see because I still think the prayer and the dua are for the prayer mat.. And yet the world works differently.

They must be a very hard people to the point I have given up, knowing does not make it any easier though.

I'd loosen up by doing some shadow boxing but the last time I did I fell down a flight of stairs afterwards.

We are what we are.

iammuslim98
02-24-2021, 05:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif
When you ask Allah to give you patience, He won't just give it to you. He'll put you in challenging circumstances that will teach you 'how' to be patient. You must remember that Allah is good and all that He does, without exception, is good. You must remember that the purpose of hardships is to bring you closer to Allah, to help you grow in your belief and as a person, and it is not to frivolously burden you with difficulty.

As a believer, you must maintain your hope that Allah will respond to you soon and that any delays are likely due to the following reasons:

1. Allah is best placed to decide when to respond to your plea for help. This is for your benefit.
2. Give up sin and repent to Allah. It is possible that your duas are being held back by sin.
3. Regularly complete all obligatory duties i.e. pray all 5 prayers on time
4. Start doing voluntary good deeds for the sake of Allah. Give charity no matter how small, pray the sunnah rawatib (i.e. the sunnah prayers connected to the obligatory prayers), and make your parents happy for Allah's sake.
5. Do not spend most of your time alone. Make friends with practicing sisters so you feel a sense of community and belonging. Come to this forum more often and we'll also support you.
6. Recite Qur'an and reflect on how Allah tested people before us and how He praised them for their patience. Examples of this are: Surah Yusuf, Surah al Kahf (specifically, the people of the cave), Surah al-Maryum and how Allah tested Maryum and Zakariyah, and Surah Al-Ibraheem and how Allah tested him and his children.

Most importantly, no matter what happens, do not lose your faith in Allah.

Aoa.Man you are so right. I have gotten so lazy when it comes to fajr prayers, mostly because i am on anti depressants and i sleep through the alarm.But thankyou for the piece of advice, i will start reciting those surahs with translation. I don't lose hope in Allah as such, i get confused. I read, watch videos look at people around me and I wonder if theirs wasn't answer,why would i be treated differently.

- - - Updated - - -

format_quote Originally Posted by M.I.A.
I live in a world where people constantly ask, Every word that slips off the tongue is putting forward for tomorrow.

It's not my way but I do the same none the less.

I'm deluded by the things I see because I still think the prayer and the dua are for the prayer mat.. And yet the world works differently.

They must be a very hard people to the point I have given up, knowing does not make it any easier though.

I'd loosen up by doing some shadow boxing but the last time I did I fell down a flight of stairs afterwards.

We are what we are.

Aoa. I am sorry, but I don't understand

iammuslim98
02-24-2021, 05:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Studentofdeed
I think Masha'Allah it's good there are some people who have high iman and full trust in Allah but we should take it easy at those who have weak iman. They may be struggling and have serious issues. Iman is something where for some people it fluctuates and they come here looking for any glimmer of hope we can give them. This shows they are indeed sincere because they are striving to hold on to and belief in mercy of Allah. They are just in dark place. Even I sometimes get desperate and have depressing thoughts but we should understand every one is at different levels of faith. If prophet Muhammad SAW knew this and specifically chose how to treat those of weaker iman. He would be straight foward with those of higher iman and very gentile with those of lower iman. We have to follow his example so we strengthen each other iman instead of breaking each other down. I understand very rude comments were said. Doesnt matter. Forget it and let's make this a healthy place of advice and meeting each other for the sake of Allah

Aoa. Sir my faith is not weak. I consider Allah a friend. I am not afraid of Him, rather I know a friend would not like if we talk about them, Allah would not either. The woman above has painted Allah as this angry being, i don't know why. Anyway, when it comes to doing dua, i get confused. I think about a decision i made several years ago, and how everyone told me i should not do it. I am faced with the same dilemma. I do dua. Everyone around me tells me that such a situation would be impossible to achieve, although no one knows i am making dua for it, but one way or the other the conversation goes to this topic and indirectly they tell me so. Then I see peoples who have gone through a similar experience. No matter what. Then i go into thinking, that perhaps these people know better, and mine is just wishful thinking. I know Allah can do anything, and everything. As long as we don't transgress, and have conviction. I then saw a video of a Sheikh, where he said we shouldn't ask for impossible things, that was my first post here. IT just jumbles my brain. As long as it is halal, we should keep asking, but when do we know to stop.

iammuslim98
02-24-2021, 06:01 AM
you are one angry woman! on every post you have commented, you have uttered rude comments. Can't imagine if all the preachers and muslim scholars were as rude as you how many people would actually come to the path of islam.
and yes, our behavior does impact islam's image, French policies are sheer example of how emotioanlly angry muslims created problems for their fellow men.

Al-Ansariyah
02-24-2021, 06:25 AM
There is a limit in explaining nicely to the one who makes inappropriate "comments" about ALLAH. And every muslim has the right to defend islam. Have you ever thought if any non- muslim is gonna read "ALLAH is unfair" , what he's gonna think? That will push him right away from islam!!

Okay fine, we can make the person understand nicely one time, then he comes again, we again spoke "nicely" and then he comes again, i dont know what to do but be a bit angry with him..... And in the matters of deen, harshness is permissible if the person is being stubborn.
If you consider ALLAH as your friend then you have no right to say all these things about HIM. If one has a true friend , even in this world for example, he is never gonna backbite him or keep ill feelings regarding him. And your true friend is ALLAH , why complain about HIM?!!

I would only say trust ALLAH, and keep making dua to Him , if its time has passed then stop the dua. For example you made dua to secure top rank in exam and that exam has passed , then stop making that dua but if there is still time, then keep going....

iammuslim98
02-24-2021, 07:19 AM
Aoa. Thanku

Revert alYunani
02-24-2021, 04:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
There is no Muslim who calls upon Allah, without sin or cutting family ties
does this mean that the dua shouldnt be for a sin or cutting family ties,or the one who makes the duaa should have no sin or shouldnt have cut family ties?

iammuslim98
02-24-2021, 05:09 PM
Aoa, as per my understanding, we cant pray for a sin. Like we cant do dua to Allah to help us steal a car. And we can't ask Him to help us in cutting ties with our family. But it can go both ways, we should be sin free, and not have any acrimony between our relationships

'Abd-al Latif
02-24-2021, 09:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Revert alYunani
does this mean that the dua shouldnt be for a sin or cutting family ties,or the one who makes the duaa should have no sin or shouldnt have cut family ties?
Here is the hadith with clearer wording:

It was narrated from Abu Saeed al-Khudri (r) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: 'There is no Muslim who calls upon Allah with words in which there is no sin or severing of family ties but Allah will give him one of three things: either

1. He will answer his prayer soon, or
  2. He will store it up for him in the Hereafter, or
  3. He will remove something bad from him that is equivalent to what he is asking for.'

They said, 'Then we should make a great amount of du’a.' He said, 'Allah is greater.'

Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 3573; classed as saheeh by al-Tirmidhi and others.

In other words, don't make dua for sinful matters. Especially avoid supplications where you ask for harm or severing of family ties.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.