/* */

PDA

View Full Version : my friend lost my racquet

repenting soul
02-23-2021, 04:37 PM
Assalam-u-Alaikum my dear friends

i've been stuck in a weird rut for the past couple hours so let me just briefly go over what's happened: i met Person A a couple days ago ( i call her my friend but we're just mere acquaintances really ) at badminton practice at my local club. today, she forgot to bring her own racquet and i let her borrow my spare one. we were all playing but then... i have no idea what happened

it's partially my fault for being so careless and not keeping track of my own racquet but basically, Person A left the court for the gym and i didn't notice her leaving since i'd already started playing with someone else. some time later i remember "oh no, my racquet!" i go find Person A and at first, she insists she never got the racquet from me when Wallahi i lent her mine, then she claims she returned to it ( which i don't remember her doing )

she then recounted her steps and admitted to handing it over to Person B ( another girl we were playing with ) after accidentally tripping over a child who'd somehow ended up in the court. now, none of them know where it is and i haven't told my mother i've lost it either because she'll seriously scold and be disappointed in me since i've only had the raquets for 5-6 days and they cost almost $13 dollars each

i've asked all my friends about it and none of them took it home either. i even asked the club staff to check around and i mean... Inshallah it'll be there tomorrow ):

my moral dilemma is whether or not it'll be okay for me to ask Person A to pay the $13 so i can buy a new racquet. should i just let it go? i really don't hold this against her at all because i know she didn't do this on purpose and i know it's a crowded club so it's easy to misplace/lose things; i just don't want my mother to be disappointed in and scold me about this ):

i also have to keep in mind that everyone knows i'm the daughter of someone kind of... important? i'm not sure how to explain it but basically my father has a higher official position in his job than the rest and everyone knows i'm his daughter. so firstly, i don't want people to start talking about this like "oh, it's just a racquet, why's she causing such a scene? she could've easily bought a new one" ( again, i don't really care for this unnecessary talk but i know it's something my mother won't appreciate going around because of "reputation"'s sake ). and secondly, i don't want anyone thinking i'm using my father's rank as a way of bullying Person A into buying me a new racquet

i'm probably way overthinking this but please help me out ( may Allah bless you tremendously for doing so because i've been worrying about this for hours now imsad )

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.