/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 11 ,Verse 114

Wingchung39
02-25-2021, 09:45 AM
And establish prayer at the two ends of the day and at the approach of the night. Indeed, good deeds do away with misdeeds. That is a reminder for those who remember.
So good deeds will erase the bad deeds .

Life is a lot more simple now

^o)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ümit
02-25-2021, 01:16 PM
you of course know that is not a motivation to sin right?
Intention is just as important.

Not like "let me masturbate really quick right now...I'll do an extra prayer and those will cancel each other out"...
That doesn't work.

Wingchung39
02-25-2021, 01:48 PM
No No , i have sinned in the past in my teenage years .
But i dont like those things to happen again in my life
I am 35 now .I am from India .

I usually do good things too like , i give money to people who are in need .Help some people out with good advice and all .

I was thinking about all the ways one can erase the sins of their life by doing more good things in life .

And this verse helps me calm down a bit .

Thanks for the reply

Ümit
02-25-2021, 01:52 PM
OK then Let me calm you down a little bit more.

If you truely repent from a bad deed...and you promise Allah not to repeat it....then that bad deed will be converted into a good deed.
I will look for the hadeeth if I can find it...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Wingchung39
02-25-2021, 02:03 PM
Yes , There are things in my life that i would never do again .
Then there are things in my life i am trying to avoid doing .

Oh yes please , i am waiting for that verse in hadeeth ...

Thanks

Ümit
02-25-2021, 02:17 PM
Allah, The Exalted, Says (what means): {For them Allah will replace their evil deeds with good. And ever is Allah Forgiving and Merciful.} [Quran 25:70] There are two opinions regarding the meaning of the verse: {Allah will replace their evil deeds with good}; the first is that these people are guided to do good deeds to replace the sins they had committed. ‘Ali ibn Abu Talhah narrated that Ibn ‘Abbaas said regarding this verse: ‘It refers to the believers who had committed sins prior to their belief. Allah, The Exalted, did not approve that for them and, therefore, guided them to do good deeds instead, thus replacing their sins with good deeds’ … This means that their situations changed (from committing sins to performing righteous deeds). ‘Ataa’ ibn Abu Rabaah said: ‘This occurs in the worldly life; a man may have a bad conduct and then Allah, The Exalted, replaces it with a good one.’ Sa‘eed ibn Jubayr said: ‘Allah, The Exalted, replaced their idol worship with His worship, their fighting against Muslims with fighting against the polytheists, and their marriage to polytheistic women with marriage to believing women.’ Al-Hasan Al-Basri said: ‘Allah, The Exalted, replaced their evil deeds with good ones, their polytheism with worshiping Allah alone, their immorality with chastity, and their disbelief with belief (in Islam). This opinion is the one adopted by Abu Al-‘Aaliyah, Qataadah, and others.’ The second opinion holds that these past sins are turned into good deeds by virtue of sincere repentance. This happens because whenever a repentant person recalls his past sins, he regrets committing them, recites the Istirjaa’ Thikr (saying “Indeed we belong to Allah, and indeed to Him we shall return”), and seeks forgiveness. Accordingly, such sins are turned into acts of obedience in this sense.”

Wingchung39
02-25-2021, 02:26 PM
Except for those who repent, believe and do righteous work. For them Allah will replace their evil deeds with good. And ever is Allah Forgiving and Merciful
I repent all my bad deeds Allah ,
I believe in you Allah and the favors you have ever done for me

I hope i can wash away my sins with my good deeds too .

Thanks for making it clear with that reply

:)

Ümit
02-25-2021, 09:49 PM
Actually Allah is so mercifull...He made it easy for us to do good deeds. Here is a hadith that shows how deeds are recorded:
Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Allah says to the angels: If my servant intends a bad deed, do not record it unless he does it. If he does it, record it as one bad deed. If he leaves it for my sake, record for him one good deed. If he intends to do a good deed and he does not do it, record for him one good deed. If he does it, record for him ten good deeds like it up to seven-hundred times as much.”

Source: Ṣaḥīḥ al-Bukhārī 7062, Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 128
And even if he does a bad deed...there is this:
It is reported that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him and give him peace) said, “Truly the Angel on the left [of a person] withholds from recording the sinful deed committed by the Muslim servant who sinned for a period six ‘hours’. If the servant regrets committing the sin and asks Allah for forgiveness, the Angel does not write down his sin. Otherwise, the angel records it as one bad deed.” [Tabarani, Mu`jam al-Kabir]

Munawi notes that the time frame could be six hours, as we know it, six moments or otherwise. [Munawi, Fayd al-Qadir]

However, even after the sin has been written down, it can be rubbed off as repentance completely wipes away the sin and its traces. [see: A Reader on Tawba (Repentance)]
Long story short...it is quite difficult to collect bad deeds and much easier to erase them or convert thwm into good deeds.

Therefore...the ones ending up in Hell truely did their best to earn it...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.