/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Aoa. Another query regarding dua

iammuslim98
03-05-2021, 02:21 PM
Aoa. I dont know why iam so confused about dua. My brain keeps pinching me. I keep doing dua but realise its socially and culturally impossible. And perhaps it is time for me to realise that it is going to reap no benefit but dismayin the end. I will love your opinions. Something to help me.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Eric H
03-05-2021, 02:50 PM
Greetings and peace be with you iammuslim98;

I think there are three kinds of duas which are helpful.

Give thanks to Allah for everything we have, both in the good and the bad times.
Pray for the wisdom, strength and the peace to do the will of Allah.
Pray for repentance.

Allah knows what is good for us; even before we ask for it.

May Allah bless you on your journey.
Eric

iammuslim98
03-05-2021, 03:36 PM
Aoa. Thats the thing. I didnt remember Allah during my good days that much. Now that i am going through tough times I pray day in, day out. But when i do dua, I get these thoughts. I am reminded of logic. I think what is logicallyx socially, culturally possible. I look at similar cases and the aftermath. Directly, or indirectly somebody would mention how such duas or ideas never materialise. I am confused. At the verge of having a breakdown.

Eric H
03-05-2021, 04:50 PM
I didnt remember Allah during my good days that much.
You can't change your past, you can only learn from the past.

As bad as your life might seem now, you can still thank Allah for all that you do have. You can still pray for the wisdom, strength and the peace to do the will of Allah. And you can still repent. These prayers never change in good or bad times.

I spent some time with a man who had been homeless for a few years, he carried his home in a couple of bags. He said, every night when he finds somewhere to sleep, he reflect on his day and find several things to thank God for. Listening to this man was a truly humbling experience.

Eric

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
'Abd-al Latif
03-05-2021, 08:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by iammuslim98
Aoa. I dont know why iam so confused about dua. My brain keeps pinching me. I keep doing dua but realise its socially and culturally impossible. And perhaps it is time for me to realise that it is going to reap no benefit but dismayin the end. I will love your opinions. Something to help me.
I'm not sure what you mean. Can you clarify?

iammuslim98
03-06-2021, 06:04 AM
Aoa. Here is an example akhi. In many muslim countries women are not allowed to drive. Should such a woman do dua to be able to drive? Or perhaps a man wants to do a job that is against what the local culture allows. Should he still do dua to Allah for helping Him get that job despite society and culture telling him it is impossible

Labayk
03-06-2021, 01:42 PM
I keep doing dua but realise its socially and culturally impossible.
Nothing is impossible for Allah. Make Dua with earnest hope and then leave the matter to Allah. If Allah, in His infinite Wisdom decides that events should occur contrary to what is asked, then the Due will still be a means that is used to benefit the person who made dua or the due will cancel something evil or Allah Will save the Dua for something in the Hereafter.

Umar (RadiAllahu Anhu) used to make Dua for Shahadah in Madinah even though at that time Madinah was the most secure place in the world. It was socially and culturally "impossible" for that to occur to the leader of the Muslims (Umar was the leader at the time) but Allah answered his dua and he was assassinated by a Persian slave with a poisoned dagger.

My brain keeps pinching me
This is from ash-Shaitan. Don't give this any attention. You keep making Dua for whatever you want and leave it to Allah. Make sure that what you are asking for is something Halal. Also, if it is Halal, it might not be the best for you or others even though it is not Haram. Like the examples you gave: Women driving and a man getting a certain job. It may be that these are not the best thing for the person. For this there is Istikharah. Pray istikharah for anything that you want that is Halal and leave it to Allah to decide what should happen. The specific dua is here which is worth more than a bank vault full of gold.

"O Allah, I seek counsel from your knowledge and from your power I seek strength and I ask you from your immense favor for verily You are able while I am not, and verily You know while I do not and You are Knower of the unseen. O Rabb, if in your knowledge (mention decision here["me doing such and such..."]) is good for me in relation to my Deen, my life, and end, then Decree and facilitate (make it easy) it for me and Bless me with it. And if, in your knowledge, it is bad for me, my life and end, then keep it away from me and keep me away from it and Grant me what is good wherever it may be and make me satisfied with such. Ameen"

Wallahi, I have never made a decision based on istikharah that I ever regretted (I've made plenty of decisions without istikharah that I have regretted :/). I strongly advise brothers and sisters to use this Dua whenever making a decision even in small matters. Honestly, I do not know how people get through life without istikharah.

I hope that helps.

iammuslim98
03-06-2021, 04:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Labayk
Nothing is impossible for Allah. Make Dua with earnest hope and then leave the matter to Allah. If Allah, in His infinite Wisdom decides that events should occur contrary to what is asked, then the Due will still be a means that is used to benefit the person who made dua or the due will cancel something evil or Allah Will save the Dua for something in the Hereafter.

Umar (RadiAllahu Anhu) used to make Dua for Shahadah in Madinah even though at that time Madinah was the most secure place in the world. It was socially and culturally "impossible" for that to occur to the leader of the Muslims (Umar was the leader at the time) but Allah answered his dua and he was assassinated by a Persian slave with a poisoned dagger.

This is from ash-Shaitan. Don't give this any attention. You keep making Dua for whatever you want and leave it to Allah. Make sure that what you are asking for is something Halal. Also, if it is Halal, it might not be the best for you or others even though it is not Haram. Like the examples you gave: Women driving and a man getting a certain job. It may be that these are not the best thing for the person. For this there is Istikharah. Pray istikharah for anything that you want that is Halal and leave it to Allah to decide what should happen. The specific dua is here which is worth more than a bank vault full of gold.

"O Allah, I seek counsel from your knowledge and from your power I seek strength and I ask you from your immense favor for verily You are able while I am not, and verily You know while I do not and You are Knower of the unseen. O Rabb, if in your knowledge (mention decision here["me doing such and such..."]) is good for me in relation to my Deen, my life, and end, then Decree and facilitate (make it easy) it for me and Bless me with it. And if, in your knowledge, it is bad for me, my life and end, then keep it away from me and keep me away from it and Grant me what is good wherever it may be and make me satisfied with such. Ameen"

Wallahi, I have never made a decision based on istikharah that I ever regretted (I've made plenty of decisions without istikharah that I have regretted :/). I strongly advise brothers and sisters to use this Dua whenever making a decision even in small matters. Honestly, I do not know how people get through life without istikharah.

I hope that helps.
Aoa. I cant get rid of these thoughts. I am gonna explode with these thoughts

Eric H
03-06-2021, 05:53 PM

Here is an example akhi. In many muslim countries women are not allowed to drive. Should such a woman do dua to be able to drive?
First study Sharia Law, and see if there is any way that it would be permissible for women to drive in a Muslim country. Pray for guidance; and if you find evidence to say that you would not be breaking any laws, campaign and do something.

I don't think Allah would just grant your request; without your input.

Just my thoughts, so please feel free to ignore.

Eric

iammuslim98
03-06-2021, 06:09 PM
Aoa. Akhi it was just an example. And 2ndly what if u have exhausted all resources and dua is ur last recourse

Labayk
03-07-2021, 03:51 AM
Aoa. I cant get rid of these thoughts. I am gonna explode with these thoughts
Wallahi, over the years I have found from experience that the best way to deal with the waswas of shaitan is to ignore it. Try to busy yourself with deeds that Allah Loves. Keep yourself preoccupied and don't give these thoughts any weight or creedence.

Let the dog bark as much as it wants. Shayateen are like trolls on a forum. Worthless losers who truly have nothing better to do than to cause confusion, mischief, anger, and stir emotions. They just want attention to make themselves feel significant. Just like on a forum, don't feed the troll. When you engage in dwelling on these obnoxious badgerings you make the shaitan feel empowered and it gets worse. The waswas becomes more powerful than it really is. When you constantly shun the shaitan and treat him like the pathetic loser he really, truly is, and continue and persist doing good deeds, you burn the shaitan and the more he badgers you then the more reward you will receive and the more closer you will get to Allah which will make it so the shaitan will have no choice but to eventually leave you alone and try again later.

Shaitan does not exist except to give us an opportunity to get closer to Allah by obeying Him by disobeying the rebel (May he be cursed). We gain status and virtue with the King of all Kings every time we shun His enemy and our sins are expiated every time we have to suffer any mental aggravation from Iblis and his allies.

Try to keep yourself away from bad company, keep yourself with good company as much as you can, keep yourself preoccupied with good deeds as much as you can and increase in doing good when shaitan gets really obnoxious. Make Dua about every little and big thing you want and need and if you get waswas trying to confuse you about Dua in particular, then make even more Dua than before and look for any way in which you can spite the shaitan. It makes perfect sense to me that shaitan would try to confuse you specifically about the issue of Dua because Dua is the believer's most powerful weapon and most effective tool to protect his/herself. Shaitan simply wants you to stop so that you can be left defenseless. Keep persisting in Dua and you win.

May Allah Protect you, me and all of us from the filthy, lowly, worthless shayateen. And may Allah Grant us what angers them. Ameen.

iammuslim98
03-07-2021, 05:35 AM
Aoa. This is really encouraging akhi. I hope i get through this. Time is running out for me.

Eric H
03-07-2021, 09:45 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by iammuslim98
And 2ndly what if u have exhausted all resources and dua is ur last recourse
Grant me the peace and serenity to live with the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I can.
And the wisdom to know the difference.

The meaning of the dua.

Some things are not in your power to be changed like the barking dog, the past, other people. If you can't change them, the dua is to live in peace with what you have.

The courage to change the things you can - there is often very little we can change, other than our attitude to what goes on around us. We have to find a way to live in peace with all our troubles and wants.

The wisdom to know the difference is most important, if you want things to change that can't be changed, that will drive you crazy.

Keep making duas, they are not your last resort, they are your best resort.

Eric

Labayk
03-07-2021, 01:12 PM
This is really encouraging akhi
alhamdulilah it is excellent to hear that. Don't worry about time. In the Hands of Allah is the night and the day. Just make a firm niyyah (intention) from now to fill your time doing what Allah Wants, shunning the shaitan, and when shaitan trips you up or gives you a bad day then repent to Allah and carry on and persist even more in what you were trying to do. Allah will help you inshallah, be pleased with you and we will make dua for you also, so don't worry. Always think good of Allah and constantly ignore and ward off any bad thoughts of Him. The shaitan wants you to despair of Allah's Rahma because the shayateen, themselves have despaired. Truthfully, there is truly little hope for these shayateen but Wallahi there is a great deal of hope for us. Our Lord's mercy is far greater than our faults. These losers just want you to be like them.

May Allah (sübhanallah wa ta ala) ease our hardships, turn our hearts away from what He is displeased with and Grant us protection from all things that may cause us harm in our Deen or dunya. Ameen.

iammuslim98
03-12-2021, 05:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Labayk
alhamdulilah it is excellent to hear that. Don't worry about time. In the Hands of Allah is the night and the day. Just make a firm niyyah (intention) from now to fill your time doing what Allah Wants, shunning the shaitan, and when shaitan trips you up or gives you a bad day then repent to Allah and carry on and persist even more in what you were trying to do. Allah will help you inshallah, be pleased with you and we will make dua for you also, so don't worry. Always think good of Allah and constantly ignore and ward off any bad thoughts of Him. The shaitan wants you to despair of Allah's Rahma because the shayateen, themselves have despaired. Truthfully, there is truly little hope for these shayateen but Wallahi there is a great deal of hope for us. Our Lord's mercy is far greater than our faults. These losers just want you to be like them.

May Allah (sübhanallah wa ta ala) ease our hardships, turn our hearts away from what He is displeased with and Grant us protection from all things that may cause us harm in our Deen or dunya. Ameen.
Aoa. I just feel tired sometimes. Been doing dua for over a year. I want to stop. But my heart and lips won't quit doing dua for it.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.