/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Brainwashed by their father against me

anonymous
03-09-2021, 08:21 AM
Salaam all

Something that's been playing in the back of my mind..

So I have a neighbour who had a broken marriage and his kids moved out with their mother for a good few years. I was close to my neighbour and as far as I am aware he has some underlying illness which was one of the reasons for his predicament. He's much older than me so I did as much as I could to assist him.

I often acted as the intermediary between him and his estranged children. I would regularly transport them over to visit their father as I didn't wish for him to be deprived of seeing his children.

I have been on good terms with his children generally. However a few months ago there was an incident and i called my neighbour ungrateful as he was dismissing the efforts of his brother who again in his capacity was assisting in fixing my neighbours house. For context my neighbour lives with his mother so this is a family home.

In hindsight i should not have said what i did but it was a matter of fact. This individual has always dismissed the efforts of others and easily falls out with people over complete non issues that he exaggerates and if you don't agree with him he will likely bear a grudge and part ways. This is in my opinion linked to hos underlying issue that he's not sought to address...

Anyway he's now reconciled with his children which is a good thing. However the children have since reconciling with their father started ignoring me. Now I've never had an issue with kids and if anything have assisted them as much practically possible.

I think they are acting on their fathers instructions and this really disappoints me as i would expect them as adults to at least be able to think for themselves. I appreciate we should obey our parents but when the individuals is knwon to have spent his entire life actin like a playground bully surely the kids should exercise a bit more independent thinking.

I find this frustrating more than anything

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
anonymous
03-09-2021, 05:16 PM
Apologies was rushing for the school run so missed the title.

Can mods add title plesase:

Brainwashed by their father against me

Jazakallah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.