/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How to remove grief and sorrow from your life?

Al-Ansariyah
03-22-2021, 09:35 AM
**How to remove grief and sorrow in your life**

Ibn al-Qayyim (رحمه الله) stated:

Grief, sorrow and distress only occur from two directions:

1) The desire for the worldly life and having a zeal for it.

2) Shortening in the actions of obedience and piety.

— Refer to “‘Uddat as-Sābirīn” (pg. 227).

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
FinalNyc
03-31-2021, 04:24 PM
The best thing you can do to move on is to celebrate your own life, get out there and enjoy all the beauty that the world has to offer. The realization that there is a light at that end to be embraced gives way to the tremendous well of hope at the heart of the human spirit.

Al-Ansariyah
04-09-2021, 05:02 PM
The people who catastrophe befalls upon them are of four categories:

1. The indignation people - those who get mad

The people who feel in their hearts as though Allāh has oppressed them, persecuted them, intimidated them, hurt them and so on. They question why the trial fell upon them.

Some of these people take it further, not only do they believe this in their hearts but they also express it on their tongues and limbs i.e., saying Allāh was unjust to them.

Certainly they are in clear error and they lack knowledge of their Lord the Almighty. Leading them to hit their heads and tear their clothes!

2. The patient people

Those who bare patiently. They do not say anything, it’s as though nothing has happened to them. They know Allāh is with them, they know the infliction is by Allāh, so they await the reward from Allāh in this life and the next.

“Be patient & enter paradise with no questions asked!”

3. The people [who] are content and happy with it.

They are content with what happened and what’s happening.

Not only is this category of people content with it but they are even happy with it, because they know their reward is from Allāh and He is the one taking care of all their affairs!

4. This is the best category! Not only do they bare patiently, not only are they content & happy, but they take it a step further and thank Allāh for it and show gratitude.

They know whatever touches them is from a loving Lord, they know there’s only goodness from it, whatever comes from their Lord is only good for them - (some of its fruits you see in this life & most of its fruits in the next).

This is the level of the righteous, the prophets, like the Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم and those who follow his excellent example. We should aim to be amongst this category, they will be with the prophets on the day of judgement because this is the way of the righteous slaves of Allāh!

Whenever an infliction touched the prophet he would say الحمد لله على كل حال
“Praise be to Allah under ALL circumstances!” Doesn’t matter what - always praising Allāh.

Remember, the sweetness you taste from your patience upon inflictions and catastrophes on the judgment day will make you forget the bitterness of that which you endured.

— Shaykh Musa Jibril ‎حفظه الله

iammuslim98
04-10-2021, 12:02 PM
Aoa. Get professional help if things get worse. Because distress and sorrow is a severe mental condition and can lead to a catastrophe.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Amatullah_M
04-11-2021, 12:45 PM
Asalamu alaykum

I hope you are all well in shaa Allah.

Whenever I am sad, what helps me is reading the Quran. Also I make duas and call Allah my his beautiful names.
I make it so personal that I use (My Rabi).

My advice would be, run to Allah and speak to him in deep personal level. Also do alot of Salawat and ask for forgiveness.

I will share the duas I use down below.

Who ever is reading this, I pray Allah swt takes away from sadness and make a way out for you. Allahuma ameen.

اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي عَبْدُكَ، ابْنُ عَبْـدِكَ، ابْنُ أَمَتِـكَ، نَاصِيَتِي بِيَدِكَ، مَاضٍ فِيَّ حُكْمُكَ، عَدْلٌ فِيَّ قَضَاؤُكَ، أَسْأَلُكَ بِكُلِّ اسْمٍ هُوَ لَكَ، سَمَّيْتَ بِهِ نَفْسَكَ، أَوْ أَنْزَلْتَهُ فِي كِتَابِكَ، أَوْ عَلَّمْتَهُ أَحَداً مِنْ خَلْقِـكَ، أَوِ اسْتَأْثَرْتَ بِهِ فِي عِلْمِ الغَيْبِ عِنْـدَكَ، أَنْ تَجْعَلَ القُرْآنَ رَبِيعَ قَلْبِي، وَنُورَ صَدْرِي، وجَلَاءَ حُزْنِي وذَهَابَ هَمِّي

Allaahumma 'innee 'abduka, ibnu 'abdika, ibnu 'amatika, naasiyatee biyadika, maadhin fiyya hukmuka, 'adlun fiyya qadhaa'uka, 'as'aluka bikulli ismin huwa laka, sammayta bihi nafsaka, 'aw 'anzaltahu fee kitaabika, 'aw 'allamtahu 'ahadan min khalqika, 'awista'tharta bihi fee 'ilmil-ghaybi 'indaka, 'an taj'alal-Qur'aana rabee'a qalbee, wa noora sadree, wa jalaa'a huznee, wa thahaaba hammee .

O Allah, I am Your slave and the son of Your male slave and the son of your female slave. My forehead is in Your Hand (i.e. You have control over me). Your Judgment upon me is assured and Your Decree concerning me is just. I ask You by every Name that You have named Yourself with, revealed in Your Book, taught any one of Your creation or kept unto Yourself in the knowledge of the unseen that is with You, to make the Qur'an the spring of my heart, and the light of my chest, the banisher of my sadness and the reliever of my distress.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.