/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Homosexuality and Transgenderism In Islam

anonymous
04-01-2021, 08:30 PM
Hi,

Sorry if this is a taboo subject but I just wanted some advice regarding a family member.

My brother outed him (he met some man from the Middle East when he went for pilgrimage - that man is married but there have been shenanigans and tonnes of photos of said man in his bedroom) but Dad decided to do nothing. Dad is now dead. He is in his mid 40's and refuses to marry.

I think it's kind of obvious he is gay but as time has gone on, I've noticed he has become very very feminine. It's almost like there is a woman trapped inside him. He constantly sits with legs crossed and flicks his head and hand all the time. Whenever he talks, it's always in the feminine tense. He is constantly on his phone looking at photos of men and chatting to them on whatsapp.

Is transgenderism allowed in Islam? He can do what he wants and where he wants. It's his life. I'm just wondering what the Islamic viewpoint is.........

Thanks,

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
04-04-2021, 12:59 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

Islam is very clear that the acts of homosexuality are haram.

If he is just effeminate and has not done anything wrong to your knowledge then he should be treated just like any other human being. You can speculate, but at the end of the day what Allah has concealed about him is between him and His Lord. The only thing the people around him can do is to kindly remind him about what is right and wrong in hopes that he is guided and is able to fight his desires.

Alif Alaudin
04-05-2021, 03:13 AM
Transgenderism is prohibited in Islam because Mimicking Opposite Gender will getting sins

iammuslim98
04-05-2021, 06:00 AM
Aoa. The people of lut were destroyed because they were into homosexuality. As transgenderism will lead to homosexuality, it is safe to assume that it is haram

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AbdulHargreaves
04-06-2021, 03:24 AM
You wrote " it's kind of obvious he is gay".

Gay is a positive modern secular word for homosexuality, Homosexuality is a medical-psychiatric term dating from the 1890s, when it was seen as a sickness more than a crime. Before that the word was Sodomite, from the city that was destroyed despite the efforts of the prophet Lut (Lot) pbuh.

As others have advised, you cannot assume anything about him from an Islamic perspective, he might or might not be doing things that are forbidden, but that is between himself and Allah. Just let him be.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.