/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is it halal to get services cheaper using a vpn?

person5
04-07-2021, 05:41 PM
For example I can get YouTube Premium costs £11.99 in the UK however I can get it for just over £1 if I sign up with an Indian VPN. Is this considered halal?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AbdulHargreaves
04-09-2021, 09:49 PM
Well what does your heart tell you? Need you ask?

Supernova
04-10-2021, 09:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by person5
For example I can get YouTube Premium costs £11.99 in the UK however I can get it for just over £1 if I sign up with an Indian VPN. Is this considered halal?
Asalaamualaykum:

If YouTube knows about the Indian VPN and the Indian VPN is not practicing deception, then you using the Indian VPN would be ok.

However, if the Indian VPN is practicing deception and getting in YouTube by deceptive means, and you use that deceptive means as a conduit - the not only are you practicing deception itself but actually encouraging it by means of your monetary support towards the Indian VPN.

AbdulHargreaves
04-10-2021, 01:07 PM
Youtube provides targeted services to each nation where it is available and each nation has its own terms and conditions with a tariff based on what the market will stand. If you live in the UK but fake your location to log in via India you are contravening their conditions. So yes, it's s illegal, technically it's fraud and it's immoral. So haram.

If you want it, pay for it properly. No worries.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.