/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is my job halal as quarantine security guard

Salmansa8712
04-09-2021, 08:25 AM
Is it halal to work in quarantine hotel without consent
3 minutes ago
I work in security industry . Is it halal for me to work in quarantine hotel where travellers from overseas are kept ?
most of the quarantined travellers there are infected with covid . The reason I'm working there is the high pay .

I live with 5 other ppl (bachelors ) and they don't know of this job yet as I haven't informed them because I know they won't let me do the job as it's around covid infected ppl . I lied to them .
On other hand , they stopped driving uber due to risk of covid and are doing deliveries instead on low pay . and here I am lying to them about this job.

Now, some more dynamics of the situation .
1) if any guard or staff catches covid he has to isolate for 15 days in home (can't work) along with all the house members (that includes my roomates) without any accepting its govt law . So they also can't go to work for 15 days .

2.) if any guard catches covid all the other guards + their house members has to isolate in home for 15 days

3.) If I catch covid it's 100% guaranteed that all the other 5 will be infected as it's a very small house

My question is , is this earning halal for me as I m working without my roomates consent and permission . Is it like placing my roomates life as collateral for this job ?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Supernova
04-10-2021, 09:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Salmansa8712
Is it halal to work in quarantine hotel without consent
3 minutes ago
I work in security industry . Is it halal for me to work in quarantine hotel where travellers from overseas are kept ?
most of the quarantined travellers there are infected with covid . The reason I'm working there is the high pay .

I live with 5 other ppl (bachelors ) and they don't know of this job yet as I haven't informed them because I know they won't let me do the job as it's around covid infected ppl . I lied to them .
On other hand , they stopped driving uber due to risk of covid and are doing deliveries instead on low pay . and here I am lying to them about this job.

Now, some more dynamics of the situation .
1) if any guard or staff catches covid he has to isolate for 15 days in home (can't work) along with all the house members (that includes my roomates) without any accepting its govt law . So they also can't go to work for 15 days .

2.) if any guard catches covid all the other guards + their house members has to isolate in home for 15 days

3.) If I catch covid it's 100% guaranteed that all the other 5 will be infected as it's a very small house

My question is , is this earning halal for me as I m working without my roomates consent and permission . Is it like placing my roomates life as collateral for this job ?
Asalaamualaykum:

In your situation, the money you earning would be considered Halaal but the action of deception towards you housemates will be considered a Haraam.

As you have already pointed out that should you get Covid, there would be legal ramifications on the housemates and their working procedures.

My personal inclination here would be is telling them the truth will supersede the earnings. You would have to speak to a Scholar in Islam.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.