/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Lost hope, not faith

iammuslim98
04-10-2021, 05:06 PM
Aoa. Probably this will be my last post on this platform. I have been confused for a really long time. One thing I noticed. Ever since I started offering regular salah, I attached unrealistic hopes with Allah. And ever since, my life has been nothing but a train wreck. For so many years, I have been suffering. I know God does not owe me anything. However, a simple response would be good. Consider this example. If your friend does not respond, despite yyour constant calls and messages, you will eventually stop trying. I guess, I have reached that stage. I have literally seen things taken away from me, that I genuinely and specifically did dua for.

I am aware of the saying that Allah is shy to turn His slave away empty handed. I am aware of the Quranic verses where Allah tells to do dua, and He will respond. But i think, I should be as realistic as possible.
I do not intend to stop offering salah nor stop doing dua. But I guess I might not do it with the same enthusiasm and faith any more. I was never a good muslim, to begin with. So I am not surprised that my duas went unanswered. I am thankful for the food, for the house, for the clothes. But I also am thankful for my mental illness, for my immaturity, for my fears to Allah. We are not prophets. Miracles are not meant for us. We should measure all aspects and then do dua. Please remember me in your good prayers.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Al-Ansariyah
04-10-2021, 06:24 PM
The ignorant one complains about ALLAAH (سبحانه وتعالى) to the people! This is the height of ignorance in complaining and in whom the complaint is about. For if a person were to truly know his Lord, he would never complain of HIM. If he truly knew people, he would never complain to them.

-Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya (رحمه الله)

[Al-Fawaaid, pg. 130]

iammuslim98
04-11-2021, 05:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yrvhere?
The ignorant one complains about ALLAAH (سبحانه وتعالى) to the people! This is the height of ignorance in complaining and in whom the complaint is about. For if a person were to truly know his Lord, he would never complain of HIM. If he truly knew people, he would never complain to them.

-Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya (رحمه الله)

[Al-Fawaaid, pg. 130]
Yes. Perhaps i am ignorant. Perhaphs the person you are quoting lived on false hopes. You never know just because a person said it, doesnt make it true. :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.