/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Did the Koran plagiarize Galen? let's talk about

K*****
04-14-2021, 10:30 AM
Assalamu aleikom

Ho letto su altri siti non islamici la questione dell'emriologia nel Corano e si dice che il Corano abbia plagiato gli scienziati greci soprattutto Galeno

Quindi la domanda è

Galeno e il Corano usano gli stessi passaggi e termini? Se la risposta è no, prova.

Il Corano pensava di essere un libro scientifico?

I versetti del Corano sull'embriologia sono solo interpretazioni?

Per favore qualcuno può aiutarmi, sono molto confuso

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
K*****
04-14-2021, 10:38 AM
sorry I wrote in my original language that is ItalianI rewrite the discussion in English

Assalamu aleikomI have read on other non-Islamic sites the question of the hemriology in the Koran and it is said that the Koran has plagiarized the Greek scientistsespecially

Galenso the question isDo Galen and Koran use the same passages and terms?

If the answer is no please try.Did the Koran take it upon itself to be a scientific book?

Are the Koran verses on embryology only interpretations?

Please can anyone help me I am very confused

keiv
04-14-2021, 06:48 PM
What are the parts that are claimed to be plagiarized?

K*****
04-15-2021, 01:01 AM
for example

quote Galen"Since the fetus can neither eat nor drink yet, the mother's matter, which in its veins, is its natural nourishment. It was necessary; therefore, that the fetus adheres to the mother, since the seed of the plant must ADHER to the earth ".

Galen uses the term Adher which is synonymous with attack (Alaq)

Another thing Alaq can mean leech, there is a quote in the Talmud where it speaks of abortionshere's what it says

"In the case of a woman who discharges an item similar to fish or to grasshoppers, repugnant creatures, or CREEPING animals, if there is blood that emerges with them, the woman is impure with the impurity of a menstruating woman. And if not, she is pure.[Niddah 21B]

How do you manage to explain this?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Revert alYunani
04-15-2021, 02:06 AM
man tbh i dont understand you very well what you want to say or where is your point but all i can say is that the truth is the truth. You say that the greek scientists and the Quran uses synonymous terms. There can only be one explanation of the truth and if many scientists before Quran was sent and after Quran was sent say the same thing as the Quran,that doesnt mean Quran copied them,its just another sign that Quran says the truth.With this logic nasa is plagiarizing the ancient greeks too then for saying the earth is round.You get what i mean? You cant plagiarize anybody saying the truth because the truth is only one.

and the use of the word alaq in this context is far far far more adequate than the use of adhere.Please search more and you will understand why

Ümit
04-15-2021, 09:18 AM
Think about it this way:
The teaches gives homework to do with a certain question to work out.
Each of the pupils work that question out without the help of others.

When on the next day, some of the pupils come with with the right answer...would that automatically mean they plagiarized?
NO.

They each found their own way to the truth...if the truth has only one solution...your reaction cannot be that one of them "plagiarized".

I do not exactly know what you are referring to, but the Quraan is literally the word of God.
Angel Gabriel dictated it word by word to Prophet Muhammad (sas), who himself was illiterate and Muhammad (sas) dictated it to us humans. That is all...no changes since then, no translations, no inspriration from outside...nothing...as pure as it can be until today.

keiv
04-15-2021, 10:47 AM
Yea I'm not quite sure I understand either.

The Quran is the last of revelations and prophet Muhammad pbuh was the last and final messenger. What that means is there were prophets and messengers that came before him and there were also scriptures that came with some of them. All of these things were from the same Creator. With that being the case, to see some similarities should not be a surprise for anyone. What we have now is the preserved text as it was originally revealed and it was sent down for our ummah until the end of times.

Ümit
04-15-2021, 12:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by keiv
Yea I'm not quite sure I understand either.

The Quran is the last of revelations and prophet Muhammad pbuh was the last and final messenger. What that means is there were prophets and messengers that came before him and there were also scriptures that came with some of them. All of these things were from the same Creator. With that being the case, to see some similarities should not be a surprise for anyone. What we have now is the preserved text as it was originally revealed and it was sent down for our ummah until the end of times.
Exactly!! I forgot about that part.

So to summarize...first of all different paths having the same outcome is totally logical if that outcome is the truth. just like the pupils doing their homework and finding the truth without the help of others.

Second, like brother keiv mentioned, the source that revealed those messages / verses is the same: God...So the outcome should be the same.

K*****
04-15-2021, 04:01 PM
OK bro I understand your point, but you're simplifying it.

Because if Galen talks about the same phases that the Koran uses and many anti-Muslims mention that the Koran uses the blood clot when talking about Alqah and the same term that Galen uses but there is a problem because always second to non-Muslims here is an error the sperm does not become a clot.

I only ask for explanation and refute these claims that the Muhammed (pbls) has plagiarized the Greek scholars and the Talmud

Revert alYunani
04-15-2021, 05:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by K*****

Because if Galen talks about the same phases that the Koran uses and many anti-Muslims mention that the Koran uses the blood clot when talking about Alqah and the same term that Galen uses but there is a problem because always second to non-Muslims here is an error the sperm does not become a clot.

I only ask for explanation and refute these claims that the Muhammed (pbls) has plagiarized the Greek scholars and the Talmud
I dont know what explanation you want tbh. No offense but do you even know what plagiarization even mean? And where does it say a blood clot?

23:14 Quran
Then We developed the semen into a leech. Then We developed the leech into a lump. Then We developed the lump into bones. Then We clothed the bones with flesh. Then We produced it into another creature. Most Blessed is Allah, the Best of Creators.

١٤ ثُمَّ خَلَقْنَا النُّطْفَةَ عَلَقَةً فَخَلَقْنَا الْعَلَقَةَ مُضْغَةً فَخَلَقْنَا الْمُضْغَةَ عِظَامًا فَكَسَوْنَا الْعِظَامَ لَحْمًا ثُمَّ أَنْشَأْنَاهُ خَلْقًا آخَرَ ۚ فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ

keiv
04-16-2021, 10:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by K*****

It's a simple matter. Maybe you're over complicating it.

As mentioned above, the prophet did NOT author the Quran, so how can he plagiarize anything?

Labayk
04-17-2021, 02:12 PM
The argument that Muhammed (salalau alayhi wa salam) took from the greeks is extremely ridiculous and shows that the ones making it haven't even bothered studying the matter at all but just fell into some mindless assumptions which they follow with no basis.

The Prophet (salalahu alaihi wa salam) was unlettered: he could not read or write and came from a nation of people who themselves could not read or write. The few Arabs that could read did so in Arabic. Arabic translations of greek manuscripts didn't happen in the Arab/Muslim world until much later after the Prophet (salalahu 'alaihi wa salaam) and these ones claim that Muhammed :saws1: was able to get his hands on greek manuscripts from some obscure greek author of whom even most greeks would have been ignorant of with the exception of a few intelligencia amongst them? (Remember, there was no wikipedia at the time). That is beyond far-fetched.

The verse in question says:

"And certainly did We create man from an extract of clay. Then We placed him as a sperm-drop in a firm lodging [i.e., the womb]. Then We made the sperm-drop into a clinging clot, and We made the clot into a lump [of flesh], and We made [from] the lump, bones, and We covered the bones with flesh; then We developed him into another creation. So blessed is Allah, the best of creators." (al-Mumineen: 12-14)

The purpose of the verse is not to prove the scientific sophistication of Muhammed :saws1: but to show the miraculous, amazing power of the One and only Creator, Allah and to prove amongst the innumerable proves provided in the Quran, that such a Lord should be worshipped and worshipped alone. Whether or not human beings knew of this detailed process of creation beforehand is besides the point. The One who causes this miraculous process to occur daily is One whom we should worship, obey, and adore.

With that being said, one certainly has the right to reflect and wonder at how the description laid out here in the Quran so eloquently and clearly could have been made by an unlettered Arab :saws1: so accurately that the description could be used in textbooks today to succinctly describe the process.

"Since the fetus can neither eat nor drink yet, the mother's matter, which in its veins, is its natural nourishment. It was necessary; therefore, that the fetus adheres to the mother, since the seed of the plant must ADHER to the earth ".

"In the case of a woman who discharges an item similar to fish or to grasshoppers, repugnant creatures, or CREEPING animals, if there is blood that emerges with them, the woman is impure with the impurity of a menstruating woman. And if not, she is pure.[Niddah 21B]
In both examples that you gave, there is only a description of one snapshot in the process. The process as a whole isn't elucidated. It's much different with the Quran, isn't it?

Brother don't waste your time with doubters and fools who have no sincerity in seeking the truth, who didn't bother to do some basic fact-checking of their own baseless assumptions before putting forth these kind of arguments. These people are only there to try and cast doubts in our hearts. Doubts that have no basis. Busy yourself with beneficial knowledge of Quran, Sunnah, and Sirah while reflecting deeply upon those so that you can come to the truth yourself and the truth can settle deeply into your heart. These kind of endless doubts that these ones had to overlook so many clear evidences and proofs in order to find cause our hearts to be unsettled and it's harder for us to reach deeper correct conclusions regarding our own beliefs. The Prophet :saws1: said:

“Leave what makes you doubt for what does not make you doubt. Verily, truth brings peace of mind and falsehood sows doubt.” (Tirmidhi)

The truth brings peace and tranquillity to our hearts while falsehood fills our hearts with doubts, anxiety and ruins our peace of mind.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.