/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Will I get punished for promising to marry someone and breaking the engagement ?

Halima1960
04-16-2021, 09:47 AM
Assalamualaikum I am engaged 2 months to our wedding but I just realized I don't love that person I agreed to it because my parents loves him, my biggest mistake was bringing him myself! They asked me if I want the marriage and I said yes. After him meeting with my parents before the engagement I told them I don't love him. But they were so upset and sad and I was scared for there anger and I said yes. Now remain 2 months to our wedding I still think am making the biggest mistake of my life because I don't love him at all I can't even imagine myself with him it's starting to become hate. I am so helpless and scared, I asked for advice from my sister but she's saying Allah will curse me because I promised that man marriage and now am going to break his heart Allah will not forgive me. I am so helpless.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
04-16-2021, 11:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Halima1960
Assalamualaikum I am engaged 2 months to our wedding but I just realized I don't love that person I agreed to it because my parents loves him, my biggest mistake was bringing him myself! They asked me if I want the marriage and I said yes. After him meeting with my parents before the engagement I told them I don't love him. But they were so upset and sad and I was scared for there anger and I said yes. Now remain 2 months to our wedding I still think am making the biggest mistake of my life because I don't love him at all I can't even imagine myself with him it's starting to become hate. I am so helpless and scared, I asked for advice from my sister but she's saying Allah will curse me because I promised that man marriage and now am going to break his heart Allah will not forgive me. I am so helpless.
Assalamu Alaikum,

You can deny anyone you don't want to marry. You don't need to punish yourself just because you've changed your mind. It happens. Don't go into a marriage that you're not comfortable in. If you think its hard now, it will be 100x harder after marriage to break up.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.