/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is Saying thank you for guiding me Shirk?

A_502
04-16-2021, 08:14 PM
One of my friends encouraged me to pray 5 times a day. When I started praying, I sent them a picture of the prayer mat and wrote thank you for guiding me to the right path. Is saying this Shirk because only Allah is allowed to guide you? Also, is this riya because I sent them a picture of the prayer mat?

Thanks

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nilu
04-17-2021, 01:13 PM
Thanking someone is good manners. It is perfectly okay to thank another human being for helping, guiding, sharing etc. And I'm guessing you might be a new Muslim, (Took a pic of your prayer mat). Those of us who were born in Islam might not bother with that.
Islam is a simple and very practical faith. You can't spend your whole life worrying about saying please and thank you. Islam balances faith the worldly life and so long as you keep it simple, you'll be fine. Don't worry!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.