/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How do u differentiate between the two.

iammuslim98
04-17-2021, 10:58 AM
Aoa. Happy ramadan. There is a question i was wondering about. How do you differentiate between being hopeful, and staying in the past..

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nilu
04-17-2021, 12:59 PM
ASAK
I don't get the question. The past is done, it's gone, it's behind you. Hope denotes the future, yet to come. They are the opposite of each other. That is the difference. No doubt the past will affect the future or impact it, as both belong to the same source (the person experiencing both) so I am not sure what you mean

iammuslim98
04-17-2021, 06:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nilu
ASAK
I don't get the question. The past is done, it's gone, it's behind you. Hope denotes the future, yet to come. They are the opposite of each other. That is the difference. No doubt the past will affect the future or impact it, as both belong to the same source (the person experiencing both) so I am not sure what you mean
Aoa. U have a pretty name. I think what i am trying to ask is, for instance, you lose ur mobile phone. And you keep praying to Allah to help u find it even though its gone. Police says u cant find it. Uve checked everywhere. Your parents buy you a new but crappy mobile phone. So. Praying to get ur old phone back, is it caled living in the past, or being hopeful that Allah will make a way

Flos
04-19-2021, 01:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by iammuslim98
Aoa. U have a pretty name. I think what i am trying to ask is, for instance, you lose ur mobile phone. And you keep praying to Allah to help u find it even though its gone. Police says u cant find it. Uve checked everywhere. Your parents buy you a new but crappy mobile phone. So. Praying to get ur old phone back, is it caled living in the past, or being hopeful that Allah will make a way
To Allah everything is easy and possible. If that happened with the phone you may ask Allah to help you find it. But, this needs practice. Mostly when we're asking for something huge and "impossible" we have a doubt and a doubt can do the opposite from the dua.

When I lose something I recite al Fatiha and salawat and Allah literarily shows me where it is. Start with small things, like when you can't find your sunglasses. When you're certain He's gonna show it to you, that's it, He will.

Then start with bigger things, etc.

Also, when it doesn't work, I often thank Allah because it's probably better for me not to find something for x reason, Allah knows the best. But, this doesn't happen that often that I can't find something. And eventually once I do.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
iammuslim98
04-19-2021, 01:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Flos
To Allah everything is easy and possible. If that happened with the phone you may ask Allah to help you find it. But, this needs practice. Mostly when we're asking for something huge and "impossible" we have a doubt and a doubt can do the opposite from the dua.

When I lose something I recite al Fatiha and salawat and Allah literarily shows me where it is. Start with small things, like when you can't find your sunglasses. When you're certain He's gonna show it to you, that's it, He will.

Then start with bigger things, etc.

Also, when it doesn't work, I often thank Allah because it's probably better for me not to find something for x reason, Allah knows the best. But, this doesn't happen that often that I can't find something. And eventually once I do.

Aoa .. i am sorry for asking..are u saying we shouldn't ask for impossible things from Allah?
And how do i know this dua wont be answered the way I want for instance when do i stop making sua to Allah to help me find the phone..at what point

Flos
04-19-2021, 01:13 AM
Aoa .. i am sorry for asking..are u saying we shouldn't ask for impossible things from Allah?
And how do i know this dua wont be answered the way I want for instance when do i stop making sua to Allah to help me find the phone..at what point
I'm sorry sister, I never said we shouldn't ask for impossible. There's no impossible to Allah. I said the opposite.

You'll just know. And no dua is unanswered, except for haram or makruh dua. Sometimes it won't be this instant, but later. Also, expect that Allah will test your faith with non-answered duas immediately. It's all about practice of iman, tawakul and making duas.

iammuslim98
04-19-2021, 02:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Flos
I'm sorry sister, I never said we shouldn't ask for impossible. There's no impossible to Allah. I said the opposite.

You'll just know. And no dua is unanswered, except for haram or makruh dua. Sometimes it won't be this instant, but later. Also, expect that Allah will test your faith with non-answered duas immediately. It's all about practice of iman, tawakul and making duas.

Aoa. What is makroh dua? I know about haram dua. Like asking Allah to give me wings is transgression but no idea about makroh.
And yes, i guess i m being tested ans failing miserably

Flos
04-19-2021, 02:04 AM
Aoa. What is makroh dua? I know about haram dua. Like asking Allah to give me wings is transgression but no idea about makroh.
And yes, i guess i m being tested ans failing miserably
Haram is major sin, makrooh is smaller sin

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.