/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How do i get the motivation back?

iammuslim98
04-20-2021, 11:28 PM
Aoa. This year i do not feel any enthusiasm for ramadan. I am fasting and offering my salah. But that is it.. I do not feel like making any effort. I leave salah till the last moment. Last yr by this time I had recited quarter of the Quran.. This yr i have only read two pages. I go to sleep before offering tahajud. Can you please help me get my enthusiasm back

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
keiv
04-21-2021, 10:34 AM
Are you depressed? Stressed? Those things can bring someone down big time. If so, try to find a way to resolve any personal issues.

Even if you are doing the bare minimum, continue performing you religious duties and don't give up on them.

MazharShafiq
04-21-2021, 03:27 PM
Make astaghfar and dua for you and all Muslims . May Allah give toufeeq and Help us to take full advantage of the month of Ramadan.

iammuslim98
04-22-2021, 12:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by keiv
Are you depressed? Stressed? Those things can bring someone down big time. If so, try to find a way to resolve any personal issues.

Even if you are doing the bare minimum, continue performing you religious duties and don't give up on them.

Aoa. Isnt it normally said that in times of anxiety and depression u grow closer to Allah. But yes, I have been under extreme stress for the past couple of weeks.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
keiv
04-22-2021, 10:27 AM
Not always. People have come here and blamed Allah for their problems and have even 'threatened' to leave the religion all together. Similarly, when people get too comfortable in life, they also tend to turn away from Allah rather than being thankful because they no longer feel like they need His support.

iammuslim98
04-22-2021, 10:44 AM
Not always. People have come here and blamed Allah for their problems and have even 'threatened' to leave the religion all together. Similarly, when people get too comfortable in life, they also tend to turn away from Allah rather than being thankful because they no longer feel like they need His support.

Aoa, but i know Allah is the only one who can solve my problem, he is the only one who can give what i want, regardless of how impossible it might appear to a sound individual. PErhaps, my unrealistic belief in dua is what brought my motivation down, one should measure the social variables and constants and then make dua

Avis
04-23-2021, 03:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by iammuslim98
Aoa, but i know Allah is the only one who can solve my problem, he is the only one who can give what i want, regardless of how impossible it might appear to a sound individual. PErhaps, my unrealistic belief in dua is what brought my motivation down, one should measure the social variables and constants and then make dua
How practicing are you? Hardships and trials are a way for you to be purified and be lead to Allah. If you're doing any sins, major or minor, try to the best of your ability to stop. Remember that Allah will not change the situation for His servants unless they put in the effort and try to change themselves. As I say this, I feel like a hypocrite because I realize that I too, keep sinning and feel like life is just frozen for me, but Al Hamdullilah, I don't look at it as Allah punishing me because He hates me, I just look at it as I deserve everything bad that I get my way and need to change and go back on the straight path. Also remember that sins are purified by your suffering in these trials and that the trials are a blessing because you don't want the sins to be counted on Judgement day.

There is no such thing as having an unrealistic belief in dua. Allah is the All Powerful, All Merficul and Most Generous and can grant anything He wishes. Even if someone continuously sins, He May grant them their dua. Plenty of times in life I have recieved help and had some dua granted even though I was a terrible person. Thinking that a dua being answered is unrealistic is a sign of a lack of faith and shows you really need to work on yourself.

Finally, sometimes what you ask for may actually be something bad for you, and you just don't realize it. It's not like you can see the outcome of what will happen and what getting your dua answered will lead to. Sometimes, it's just not the time for you to get what you want and you'll get it later. Prophet Ibrahim Alayhi AsSalam wanted to have children with his wife Sarah (radi allahu anha) and ended up having his first son with Hajar (radi allahu anha). Sarah (radi allahu anha) finally did have a son, but this was long after she accepted that she was barren and became old.

iammuslim98
04-23-2021, 07:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Avis
How practicing are you? Hardships and trials are a way for you to be purified and be lead to Allah. If you're doing any sins, major or minor, try to the best of your ability to stop. Remember that Allah will not change the situation for His servants unless they put in the effort and try to change themselves. As I say this, I feel like a hypocrite because I realize that I too, keep sinning and feel like life is just frozen for me, but Al Hamdullilah, I don't look at it as Allah punishing me because He hates me, I just look at it as I deserve everything bad that I get my way and need to change and go back on the straight path. Also remember that sins are purified by your suffering in these trials and that the trials are a blessing because you don't want the sins to be counted on Judgement day.

There is no such thing as having an unrealistic belief in dua. Allah is the All Powerful, All Merficul and Most Generous and can grant anything He wishes. Even if someone continuously sins, He May grant them their dua. Plenty of times in life I have recieved help and had some dua granted even though I was a terrible person. Thinking that a dua being answered is unrealistic is a sign of a lack of faith and shows you really need to work on yourself.

Finally, sometimes what you ask for may actually be something bad for you, and you just don't realize it. It's not like you can see the outcome of what will happen and what getting your dua answered will lead to. Sometimes, it's just not the time for you to get what you want and you'll get it later. Prophet Ibrahim Alayhi AsSalam wanted to have children with his wife Sarah (radi allahu anha) and ended up having his first son with Hajar (radi allahu anha). Sarah (radi allahu anha) finally did have a son, but this was long after she accepted that she was barren and became old.

Aoa. How do we know that it is bad for us. Does that mean we shouldn't ask for any thing because we don't know whether it's good or bad for us?
And sister, yes, I am a grave sinner. I've committed kabira and sagheera sins. I am trying to change but sometimes there is a hiccup. It is all just so confusing. I wish i didn't feel so unenthusiastic about ramadan

keiv
04-23-2021, 10:29 AM
We all sin but the best of us are those who turn back to Allah for repentance with sincerity. It will make you stronger in faith whether you realize it now or not. There is nothing hypocritical about giving advice to others when the person giving advice is also in such a situation. It's a good reminder for ourselves as well, as long as we are applying it in our own lives.

Aoa. How do we know that it is bad for us. Does that mean we shouldn't ask for any thing because we don't know whether it's good or bad for us?
And sister, yes, I am a grave sinner. I've committed kabira and sagheera sins. I am trying to change but sometimes there is a hiccup. It is all just so confusing. I wish i didn't feel so unenthusiastic about ramadan
If Allah does not grant you something you prayed for, maybe that's a sign that it wasn't good for you. Sometimes we get things that we want only to realize it wasn't what we thought it would be after the fact. In those cases, instead of seeing the negative in it, use that for your benefit. Regret can be the worst feeling in the world, but sometimes we have to go through the bad in order to make us stronger and wiser.

iammuslim98
04-23-2021, 10:46 AM
We all sin but the best of us are those who turn back to Allah for repentance with sincerity. It will make you stronger in faith whether you realize it now or not. There is nothing hypocritical about giving advice to others when the person giving advice is also in such a situation. It's a good reminder for ourselves as well, as long as we are applying it in our own lives.

If Allah does not grant you something you prayed for, maybe that's a sign that it wasn't good for you. Sometimes we get things that we want only to realize it wasn't what we thought it would be after the fact. In those cases, instead of seeing the negative in it, use that for your benefit. Regret can be the worst feeling in the world, but sometimes we have to go through the bad in order to make us stronger and wiser.

Aoa.. Then the question remains.. Should we ask once? Because it is normally told never stop making dua. So how do we know Allah will not give it?

keiv
04-23-2021, 12:04 PM
Aoa.. Then the question remains.. Should we ask once? Because it is normally told never stop making dua. So how do we know Allah will not give it?
We don’t know where our place will be in the hereafter, so does that mean we shouldn’t make dua to be one of its inhabitants? Similarly, we don’t know whether or not we will get what we want in this life, but should we stop asking Allah?

Avis
04-23-2021, 12:12 PM

Frankly, you won't know. Only Allah will know since it is He who has All Knowledge. And no, it doesn't mean we stop making dua, it just means we keep having faith and continue with out dua, even if we never get it, while at the same time, we accept that we may not get what we want in this world, but we will get better than it in the Hereafter.

Also, I'm a brother, and we are all sinners. Allah created us imperfect and if we never sinned and repented and sought His forgiveness, He would have replaced us with those that would. There will always be hiccups and you should never despair when they happen for if you do, that means you don't have enough faith and hope in Allah, the most Merciful and Most Kind. Allah is so kind that when you commit a sin, the Angel on your left shoulder, who records your sin, lifts the pen and doesn't record it for 6 hours. If in that time you regret committing the sin and repent - seeking Allah's forgiveness, the sin isn't recorded, and if you don't, it gets written down as one sin.

Allah is even more Merciful than that. This is just a tiny example of His Mercy, so don't ever despair. The reason you feel unenthusiastic about Ramadan is probably because you aren't as close to Allah as you should be (I speak from experience) and that you really need to distance yourself from sinning and start doing Dhikir and start learning about Islam. It doesn't have to happen overnight, but you should at least start by reading a few ayahs of the Quran every day, or watch some good Islamic videos on YouTube. Life is a Journey to the Hereafter, it takes time for us to get better, just be patient and take it one step at a time. Even if you committed major sins, there is always hope if you recognize that you did wrong and you need to change. For now, do you best to stop committing the bigger sins and slowly work to lessen the smaller ones. As time goes by, and you sincerely make the effort, you will find that things will get better.

Start doing more good deeds, such as reading the Quran or learning about the Prophets(Alayhum AsSalam) and Sahaba. removing a stone from the road that might hurt someone or cause an accident, feed someone who cant afford food, donate to charity (one of the best things you can do) and do anything you can with the goal of seeking Allah's pleasure. Remember that this world is temporary and even if things don't go the way you want them to, it is okay since none of us are taking anything with us when we die except the deeds we have committed.

iammuslim98
04-24-2021, 07:41 PM
Frankly, you won't know. Only Allah will know since it is He who has All Knowledge. And no, it doesn't mean we stop making dua, it just means we keep having faith and continue with out dua, even if we never get it, while at the same time, we accept that we may not get what we want in this world, but we will get better than it in the Hereafter.

Also, I'm a brother, and we are all sinners. Allah created us imperfect and if we never sinned and repented and sought His forgiveness, He would have replaced us with those that would. There will always be hiccups and you should never despair when they happen for if you do, that means you don't have enough faith and hope in Allah, the most Merciful and Most Kind. Allah is so kind that when you commit a sin, the Angel on your left shoulder, who records your sin, lifts the pen and doesn't record it for 6 hours. If in that time you regret committing the sin and repent - seeking Allah's forgiveness, the sin isn't recorded, and if you don't, it gets written down as one sin.

Allah is even more Merciful than that. This is just a tiny example of His Mercy, so don't ever despair. The reason you feel unenthusiastic about Ramadan is probably because you aren't as close to Allah as you should be (I speak from experience) and that you really need to distance yourself from sinning and start doing Dhikir and start learning about Islam. It doesn't have to happen overnight, but you should at least start by reading a few ayahs of the Quran every day, or watch some good Islamic videos on YouTube. Life is a Journey to the Hereafter, it takes time for us to get better, just be patient and take it one step at a time. Even if you committed major sins, there is always hope if you recognize that you did wrong and you need to change. For now, do you best to stop committing the bigger sins and slowly work to lessen the smaller ones. As time goes by, and you sincerely make the effort, you will find that things will get better.

Start doing more good deeds, such as reading the Quran or learning about the Prophets(Alayhum AsSalam) and Sahaba. removing a stone from the road that might hurt someone or cause an accident, feed someone who cant afford food, donate to charity (one of the best things you can do) and do anything you can with the goal of seeking Allah's pleasure. Remember that this world is temporary and even if things don't go the way you want them to, it is okay since none of us are taking anything with us when we die except the deeds we have committed.

Aoa. This is confusing. We have to accept it might not get accepted and then still keep on dua..? It is just wishful thinkin no?

Avis
04-25-2021, 02:51 AM
Aoa. This is confusing. We have to accept it might not get accepted and then still keep on dua..? It is just wishful thinkin no?
No, it is called having faith in your Creator, submitting your will to Him and believing that He will give you what is best for you. Even if you never get what you ask for, you are to keep making dua as long as it's not for something haram and to keep having hope. It's okay if your hope fluctuates, just never let it extinguish and remind yourself of all the Good things Allah has bestowed upon you. Reflect on how the Devil lost hope and became Iblees after going against Allah and keep your faith strong. Think good of Allah for Allah will be what you think of Him:

It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) said: The Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “Allah, may He be exalted, says: ‘‘I am as My slave thinks I am, and I am with him when he remembers Me. If he remembers me to himself, I remember him to Myself; if he remembers Me in a gathering, I remember him in a gathering better than it; if he draws near to Me a handspan, I draw near to him an arm’s length; if he draws near to me an arm’s length, I draw near to him a fathom’s length; if he comes to Me walking, I go to him at speed.’”
Narrated by al-Bukhaari (7405) and Muslim (2675).
So the stronger your faith and hope, the stronger your connection to Him will be. But you can't persist in sins and not do your best to avoid them and expect things to go your way. Try refraining from sins and anything that may lead you to them and start doing good deeds. It may lead you to change your perspective on live and cause you to no longer desire what you make dua for and receive something better. You may just get what you ask for, just at a better time. Just know that Allah has a plan for everyone and our plan means nothing compared to it.

iammuslim98
04-25-2021, 11:42 AM
No, it is called having faith in your Creator, submitting your will to Him and believing that He will give you what is best for you. Even if you never get what you ask for, you are to keep making dua as long as it's not for something haram and to keep having hope. It's okay if your hope fluctuates, just never let it extinguish and remind yourself of all the Good things Allah has bestowed upon you. Reflect on how the Devil lost hope and became Iblees after going against Allah and keep your faith strong. Think good of Allah for Allah will be what you think of Him:

So the stronger your faith and hope, the stronger your connection to Him will be. But you can't persist in sins and not do your best to avoid them and expect things to go your way. Try refraining from sins and anything that may lead you to them and start doing good deeds. It may lead you to change your perspective on live and cause you to no longer desire what you make dua for and receive something better. You may just get what you ask for, just at a better time. Just know that Allah has a plan for everyone and our plan means nothing compared to it.
Thanku brother.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.