/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Does vaccination break fast???

Ümit
04-22-2021, 07:01 AM
Selamun Aleykum dear brothers and sisters,

yesterday I saw on TV that the turkish Islamic organisation DITIB declared that COVID vaccination during fasting in this Holy month Ramadan does not break the fast.

This suprised me because first of all, for what I knew, getting a vaccination (any type of vaccination), blood transfusion, serum or whatever would break the fast.
I thought maybe because of the extraordinairy situation of the world we live in now, and to encourage people to show up at their COVID vaccination appointment and get vaccinated instead of canceling it because of the fasting....maybe to avoid that, DITIB has declared that for the COVID vaccination does not break the fast...

However, when I did a little research about it, I found out that not only DITIB, but a lot of Islamic organisations and imams have this same view.
According to them, non nutricious vaccines do not break the fast.

Was my knowledge about it wrong all along or did it recently change because of the COVID vaccination? I am confused. What is your view about it?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
taha_
04-22-2021, 07:07 AM
https://islamqa.info/en/answers/3655...break-the-fast

Does receiving the Covid-19 vaccine during the day in Ramadan break the fast? - Islam Question & Answer
There is nothing wrong with receiving the Covid-19 vaccine during the day in Ramadan, because it comes under the heading of injections for medical purposes, which do not break the fast, because they are not food or drink, and do not come under the same heading as food and drink....

Ümit
04-22-2021, 08:52 AM
CLEAR.

I understand. Vaccines do not affect fasting. Thank you very much.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.