/* */

PDA

View Full Version : OCD Shirk thoughts

Ahmadvinu
04-23-2021, 08:30 PM
Assalamu ailikum warahmatullahi wa bararaktuh.

I am a new Muslim (Alhamdullilah) but I am practicing in secret MashaAllah. My parents force me to do shirk.
I have developed an ocd where I cannot lie down on my bed because I fear that my parents will make me do shirk.
Here is my thought process insha'Allah.
I lie down on my bed MashaAllah
A thought MashaAllah comes to me saying 'youre lying down on your bed your parents might think your sleeping and not let you sleep before you commit shirk with them.
subhanAllah!! They are so annoying to the point where I cannot get water from downstairs to drink MashaAllah! I cannot take this anymore..pls answer insha'Allah.
Thanks
Barik Allahu Fikum

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
LoveIsland
04-24-2021, 05:30 AM
HAHAHAHAHA calm down with the “mashaAllahs” !;D

iammuslim98
04-24-2021, 07:25 AM
Aoa. Shirk? Shirk means worshipping someone other than Allah. So that means your parents are not Muslims. And if you obey them you are accountable.

xboxisdead
04-24-2021, 10:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmadvinu
Assalamu ailikum warahmatullahi wa bararaktuh.

I am a new Muslim (Alhamdullilah) but I am practicing in secret MashaAllah. My parents force me to do shirk.
I have developed an ocd where I cannot lie down on my bed because I fear that my parents will make me do shirk.
Here is my thought process insha'Allah.
I lie down on my bed MashaAllah
A thought MashaAllah comes to me saying 'youre lying down on your bed your parents might think your sleeping and not let you sleep before you commit shirk with them.
subhanAllah!! They are so annoying to the point where I cannot get water from downstairs to drink MashaAllah! I cannot take this anymore..pls answer insha'Allah.
Thanks
Barik Allahu Fikum
Brother, if your parents will force you to do shirk or you believe your afterlife is in danger living with your parents then leave the house. Allah (Subhaanhu Wa Talaa) is the provider and sustainer, not your parents. Simply, leave and get out of the house and pray to Allah (Subhanahu Wa Talaa) to guide you in which where to go. If my mom was able to leave a country by her own without a mahrim and four children to come to Canada all by herself and manage to find a place to live and get food to eat and have money to live, what about a man who is single, no wife, no children, who is not leaving a country to a strange country and you know your whereabouts? Your afterlife is a priority over everything else. However, I am not asking you to cut ties with your parents or mistreat them. I am saying live in a different place to protect your deen.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ahmadvinu
04-26-2021, 06:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by xboxisdead
Brother, if your parents will force you to do shirk or you believe your afterlife is in danger living with your parents then leave the house. Allah (Subhaanhu Wa Talaa) is the provider and sustainer, not your parents. Simply, leave and get out of the house and pray to Allah (Subhanahu Wa Talaa) to guide you in which where to go. If my mom was able to leave a country by her own without a mahrim and four children to come to Canada all by herself and manage to find a place to live and get food to eat and have money to live, what about a man who is single, no wife, no children, who is not leaving a country to a strange country and you know your whereabouts? Your afterlife is a priority over everything else. However, I am not asking you to cut ties with your parents or mistreat them. I am saying live in a different place to protect your deen.
I cannot leave as I am only 12 and I tried to run away but I got caught MashaAllah
And also 1 other question insha'Allah . I heard it is shirk to not say alhamdullilah. As I am near kaafirs that do not believe can I just say it to myself as they do not believe?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.