/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Whats medical coding?

Al-Ansariyah
05-05-2021, 05:06 PM
السلام عليكم ورحمةالله وبركاته
I need a very briif and easy explanation to this. What exactly is this and what do we have to do in this? And can we learn it by ourselves, i mean through book?...if anyone knows, please tell... If not, then its fine ....

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
SintoDinto
05-05-2021, 10:59 PM
you assign alphanumeric codes based on procedure performed, illness and injury, etc. for the purposes of reimbursement, it being on the record etc. in the health care industry

SintoDinto
05-05-2021, 10:59 PM
you usually learn through a post secondary non degree award or certification here in the usa, or even through a technical 2 year college.

SintoDinto
05-05-2021, 11:00 PM
it can even be learned online from us schools like penn foster and done from home.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
SintoDinto
05-05-2021, 11:13 PM
pretty good job for the sisters, or even for men who want a simple, routine job without too much interaction while praying on their own time and being with their family. actually, now that you mention it, i think this job may be for me.

SintoDinto
05-05-2021, 11:21 PM
sister @Yrvwhere , i received a fatwa from islamqa, saying its permissible to be a medical coder provided you dont do anything against the shariah like recording riba. I'm not so sure about recording certain impermissible procedures like abortions, etc. if you live in the west or in a non muslim country that allows such things.

Al-Ansariyah
05-06-2021, 09:23 AM
Okay brother. Jazakallah khair. Ameen..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.