/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Strange state of my heart and soul

Flos
05-06-2021, 09:08 PM
What's wrong with me? I'm empty lately. How can a Muslim be empty? How can a practicing Muslim be empty? How can a Muslim during Ramadan be empty?

Ever went through this? Ever felt like a robot?

Please don't tell me: do dhikr, read Quran or salaat - I'm doing it... Nothing is happening. Feels like my heart is dead. I'm even fixing everything about my life. Less sinning than ever before, etc.

I even added dhikr, a lot more, and still nothing :(

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Eric H
05-07-2021, 12:30 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Flos;

format_quote Originally Posted by Flos
Feels like my heart is dead. I'm even fixing everything about my life. Less sinning than ever before, etc.
You are stronger than you think. You are still continuing to do what is right even though you are feeling empty inside. Many people who are feeling empty would just give up, yet you are struggling on.

It's easy to give thanks during the good times when everything is going well, but the test is to find ways to be thankful when times are tough.

I spent some time with a homeless man, he carried his home in a couple of bags. He said, every night when I find somewhere to sleep; I reflect on my day and find several things to thank God for. This was a truly humbling experience; I reflected on what I had and I was not as grateful as this homeless man. Never give up hope.

May Allah bless you with the wisdom and the peace as you journey through life.
Eric

Al-Ansariyah
05-07-2021, 03:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
Greetings and peace be with you Flos;

You are stronger than you think. You are still continuing to do what is right even though you are feeling empty inside. Many people who are feeling empty would just give up, yet you are struggling on.

It's easy to give thanks during the good times when everything is going well, but the test is to find ways to be thankful when times are tough.

I spent some time with a homeless man, he carried his home in a couple of bags. He said, every night when I find somewhere to sleep; I reflect on my day and find several things to thank God for. This was a truly humbling experience; I reflected on what I had and I was not as grateful as this homeless man. Never give up hope.

May Allah bless you with the wisdom and the peace as you journey through life.
Eric
Greetings,
Peace be upon those who follow the guidance.

Respected brother , You know God is one and Muhammad(pbuh) is the prophet of Allah. You have already believed in the very basics of islam. You know what is left now? Shahadah... :) Pronounce your shahadah brother and enter into light from darkness. Nothing should make you fear brother. Allah is with us, He will give us victory. If it is the family's reaction you fear, Allah is with you. If its society's reaction you fear, Allah with you. Even if the whole world leaves you just because you have accepted the truth, Allah is still with you. Remember, Allah has given victory to muslims who were less in number over those who were in multitudes. It was because of their imaan(belief). Victory is with imaan!
Only religion that is acceptable in the sight of Allah is islam. He has revealed the Quran in truth.

Indeed, the religion in the sight of Allah is Islam. And those who were given the Scripture did not differ except after knowledge had come to them - out of jealous animosity between themselves. And whoever disbelieves in the verses of Allah , then indeed, Allah is swift in [taking] account.(3:19)

May Allah make you enter islam... Ameen

Labayk
05-09-2021, 05:02 PM
What's wrong with me? I'm empty lately. How can a Muslim be empty? How can a practicing Muslim be empty? How can a Muslim during Ramadan be empty?

Please don't tell me: do dhikr, read Quran or salaat - I'm doing it... Nothing is happening. Feels like my heart is dead. I'm even fixing everything about my life. Less sinning than ever before, etc.

It is difficult for us to give a good solid answer for issues like these simply because we don't know your individual circumstances. The best that we could do is give general advice and hope that this would be of use. Allah tells us in the Quran that He has not created men and jinn except to worship Him. This, as I'm sure you know well, is our purpose in life. For those (not you) who do not worship Allah alone, then their life is devoid of purpose and meaning and they live a robotic or animal-like existence wandering aimlessly around stumbling through life with no direction. A Muslim can experience this same sense of meaninglessness as well but to a much lesser degree if they are neglecting a certain obligation/s or are committing sins as these things are not what we were created for. This is where things get a little fuzzy for us as we don't know well your condition but try to look for any obligations that you might be overlooking. How is your relationship with individual family members? Are all of you family ties firm and legit? Or are relations between you estranged? I don't know your marital status, but are you treating your husband well? Are you partaking in any Dawah-type activities of conveying knowledge? I always feel a sense of meaninglessness if I don't do something for the Deen. It doesn't have to be a grand blog or anything. The Prophet (salalahu 'alaihi wa salaam) told us to convey this message even if it is one ayah. How are you spending your "free-time"? Are you wasting it on FaceBook? Or doing something more useful? Reading up on our Aqeedah, studying/practicing Arabic, diving into the Tafsir of al-Quran al-Kareem, and studying the history of Islam, and making Dua specifically for the weak and oppressed amongst the Muslims are all other obligations that reconnect us with our purpose in life and make life less cold and robotic.

Also included in this is issues of the heart: Are you becoming impatient a little too easily? In which situations? Time to practice more Sabr. Do you worry too much? About what issues? Time to practice more Tawwakul and say "HasbunAllah wa Na'ma Wakeel" when those issues come to your mind. Are you feeling hopeless and despairing? Time to remember Allah's Great Mercy and recall how He delivers His servants from all kinds of troubles even after some time and to make Dua for what it is you need and hope for.

Again, much of this is speculation on my part. It could be something completely different that you need to do or not do or a combination of things. It might not be clear or apparent what you need to change right away which will require some Sabr. With that I would suggest making Dua' but here I mean in a specific way: Ask Allah to forgive your sins that you do knowingly and unknowingly. Ask Him to show you the error in your ways and what you need to do better. "O changer of hearts, make my heart firm upon your deen." Again be patient with this.

Again, it is difficult for us to get exact not knowing your situation, but I hope these words were of some benefit inshAllah.

"O you who have believed, fear Allah and seek the means [of nearness] to Him and strive in His cause that you may succeed." (al-Maidah: 35)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Flos
05-09-2021, 05:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Labayk

It is difficult for us to give a good solid answer for issues like these simply because we don't know your individual circumstances. The best that we could do is give general advice and hope that this would be of use. Allah tells us in the Quran that He has not created men and jinn except to worship Him. This, as I'm sure you know well, is our purpose in life. For those (not you) who do not worship Allah alone, then their life is devoid of purpose and meaning and they live a robotic or animal-like existence wandering aimlessly around stumbling through life with no direction. A Muslim can experience this same sense of meaninglessness as well but to a much lesser degree if they are neglecting a certain obligation/s or are committing sins as these things are not what we were created for. This is where things get a little fuzzy for us as we don't know well your condition but try to look for any obligations that you might be overlooking. How is your relationship with individual family members? Are all of you family ties firm and legit? Or are relations between you estranged? I don't know your marital status, but are you treating your husband well? Are you partaking in any Dawah-type activities of conveying knowledge? I always feel a sense of meaninglessness if I don't do something for the Deen. It doesn't have to be a grand blog or anything. The Prophet (salalahu 'alaihi wa salaam) told us to convey this message even if it is one ayah. How are you spending your "free-time"? Are you wasting it on FaceBook? Or doing something more useful? Reading up on our Aqeedah, studying/practicing Arabic, diving into the Tafsir of al-Quran al-Kareem, and studying the history of Islam, and making Dua specifically for the weak and oppressed amongst the Muslims are all other obligations that reconnect us with our purpose in life and make life less cold and robotic.

Also included in this is issues of the heart: Are you becoming impatient a little too easily? In which situations? Time to practice more Sabr. Do you worry too much? About what issues? Time to practice more Tawwakul and say "HasbunAllah wa Na'ma Wakeel" when those issues come to your mind. Are you feeling hopeless and despairing? Time to remember Allah's Great Mercy and recall how He delivers His servants from all kinds of troubles even after some time and to make Dua for what it is you need and hope for.

Again, much of this is speculation on my part. It could be something completely different that you need to do or not do or a combination of things. It might not be clear or apparent what you need to change right away which will require some Sabr. With that I would suggest making Dua' but here I mean in a specific way: Ask Allah to forgive your sins that you do knowingly and unknowingly. Ask Him to show you the error in your ways and what you need to do better. "O changer of hearts, make my heart firm upon your deen." Again be patient with this.

Again, it is difficult for us to get exact not knowing your situation, but I hope these words were of some benefit inshAllah.

"O you who have believed, fear Allah and seek the means [of nearness] to Him and strive in His cause that you may succeed." (al-Maidah: 35)
What a sign from Allah, Subhanallah! That's my name, Quran's surah...

Btw, I spent a lot of time figuring what's wrong with me and in the end I realized it's my superselfcriticizing attitude. If I don't make something, like a nafl or I don't recite Quran exact amount of time I planned to, I hate myself. I have no Dunya problems, I only have these. it's like - Allah has given me everything, why can't I give up everything for Him, including halal things.

Probably I'm over pressuring myself and Islam is very simple.

As for my Tawakkul - I have it more than I need. I have posted somewhere a thread about it that I have too much of Tawakkul. Some find it good, but I think it's too much. For example, I don't care at all if something bad happens in Dunya to me, I just rely on Allah. I know it sounds good, but trust me it's not. I don't worry about anything except for my deen practicing and this heart/soul problem.

I'm impatient with myself, only...

Labayk
05-09-2021, 05:51 PM
As for my Tawakkul - I have it more than I need. I have posted somewhere a thread about it that I have too much of Tawakkul. Some find it good, but I think it's too much. For example, I don't care at all if something bad happens in Dunya to me, I just rely on Allah. I know it sounds good, but trust me it's not. I don't worry about anything except for my deen practicing and this heart/soul problem.
You can't have too much Tawakkul lol. Make sure you take full precautions and take all the means available to get what you need as this is an obligation from Allah and part of Tawakkul.

"O you who have believed, take your precaution..." (an-Nisa: 71)

But trust me, you need as much Tawakkul as you can muster.

Btw, I spent a lot of time figuring what's wrong with me and in the end I realized it's my superselfcriticizing attitude. If I don't make something, like a nafl or I don't recite Quran exact amount of time I planned to, I hate myself. I have no Dunya problems, I only have these. it's like - Allah has given me everything, why can't I give up everything for Him, including halal things.
^o)Hmmm, I have the same problem. It's kind of a big massive problem actually. I find it very hard getting everything I want done in a day and if I don't, I am very dissatisfied. I'm not sure what to do exactly. We can't just let up on the nafs. Allah 'Alim.

Flos
05-09-2021, 06:21 PM
You can't have too much Tawakkul lol. Make sure you take full precautions and take all the means available to get what you need as this is an obligation from Allah and part of Tawakkul.

"O you who have believed, take your precaution..." (an-Nisa: 71)

But trust me, you need as much Tawakkul as you can muster.

^o)Hmmm, I have the same problem. It's kind of a big massive problem actually. I find it very hard getting everything I want done in a day and if I don't, I am very dissatisfied. I'm not sure what to do exactly. We can't just let up on the nafs. Allah 'Alim.
Actually, I'm very careful about Dunya issues, but not worried, like I was before gaining this level of Tawakkul. Good part of this level is that when something bad is about to happen (not happening yet, but it's on a horizon) I figure it's a call from Allah to get closer to Him and the hardship vanishes - every single time. But the bad part is that - you know we all fear when Earthquake happens or something else, like a car accident idea - I think this way - Maybe Allah wont take my life yet cause I'm not yet Jannah person. This part is what I call too much of tawakkul.

Hmmm, I have the same problem. It's kind of a big massive problem actually. I find it very hard getting everything I want done in a day and if I don't, I am very dissatisfied. I'm not sure what to do exactly. We can't just let up on the nafs. Allah 'Alim.
Yeah, but then it kills my heart, or I get depressed and then I can do less, instead more.
In a way, I'm happy with idea that the deen bothers me, and not any Dunya stuff, like money, clothes, whatever. Still, it's sad :(

Revert alYunani
05-09-2021, 10:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yrvhere?
Greetings,
Peace be upon those who follow the guidance.

Respected brother , You know God is one and Muhammad(pbuh) is the prophet of Allah. You have already believed in the very basics of islam. You know what is left now? Shahadah... :) Pronounce your shahadah brother and enter into light from darkness. Nothing should make you fear brother. Allah is with us, He will give us victory. If it is the family's reaction you fear, Allah is with you. If its society's reaction you fear, Allah with you. Even if the whole world leaves you just because you have accepted the truth, Allah is still with you. Remember, Allah has given victory to muslims who were less in number over those who were in multitudes. It was because of their imaan(belief). Victory is with imaan!
Only religion that is acceptable in the sight of Allah is islam. He has revealed the Quran in truth.

Indeed, the religion in the sight of Allah is Islam. And those who were given the Scripture did not differ except after knowledge had come to them - out of jealous animosity between themselves. And whoever disbelieves in the verses of Allah , then indeed, Allah is swift in [taking] account.(3:19)

May Allah make you enter islam... Ameen
Im waiting for years that he becomes a muslim.And if he becomes a muslim that will be a very happy day for me.I dont really care who becomes a muslim and who doesnt but i got love for this guy i really want him to convert but unfortunately :/......make duaa that he converts

Revert alYunani
05-09-2021, 11:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Flos

Dont worry its normal.Its also because of fasting,and because you are loosing love for the dunya.I started ramadan with a lot of eman and great feelings but now my energy has gone really low and i have lost interest in dunya stuff so i feel like you,empty.But as long as you pray your salah stay away from haram ,do dhikr etc then dw you will feel good soon again in shaa Allah.Thats how iman goes up and down always.But your heart isnt dead because a dead heart doesnt care about Allah or about doing haram so yeah in another words give it time,dont let it affect you much

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.