/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can i provide non-muslim guests with the items required for their worship?

HussainGhyas
05-08-2021, 07:24 PM
Salam!
I live in the UK and am a hotel owner. This results in a lot of non-muslim guests.
My question is..... as a nice host to people of all religions (as required by islam), and a facility provider; am I obligated to provide for any items of worship they request for? As in Hindus require certain things as an offering to their deities or Christians may demand a bible.

Thank You.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AabiruSabeel
05-08-2021, 08:21 PM
:wasalam:

Generally hotels are not required to provide anything other than accommodation. If you're providing all the necessities for a hospitable stay then that should be sufficient, without fulfilling any of their religious requirements. Religious people usually carry their own stuff and most non-Muslims nowadays are either Atheists or Agnostics.

Giving them their deities or a Bible is like encouraging them to worship other than Allah, helping them in their shirk. Even if anyone asks for it, you may politely tell them that you don't carry any of such stuff.

There's a difference between allowing them to practice their religion and encouraging them or helping them in doing so. Islam encourages da'wa and at the same time allows them to practice as they want. So they may practice within the confines of their rooms but giving them something out of your own accord isn't encouraged.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.