/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Urgent question about itikaff?

iammuslim98
05-08-2021, 08:46 PM
Aoa..i hope you are all fine..i have two qs about etekaf. Can we make dua anytime during itikaf or do we have to follow the traditional methods (after namaz, after two units of nafal, hearing the crowing of a rooster etc)
2ndly can i listen to islamic lectures during itikaf? Please quickly response .as i am messaging from mosqye and there is not any body here bcuz of covid

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Al-Ansariyah
05-08-2021, 08:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by iammuslim98
Aoa..i hope you are all fine..i have two qs about etekaf. Can we make dua anytime during itikaf or do we have to follow the traditional methods (after namaz, after two units of nafal, hearing the crowing of a rooster etc)
و عليكم السلام ورحمةالله وبركاته
Yes, you can make dua anytime providing you are following the correct method i.e.,
1)Praise Allah
2)Send blessings upon prophet
3)Astaghfar
4)Make dua

To be on the safe side, keep sending blessings upon prophet in the middle as well as in the end but i am not very sure about it.

2ndly can i listen to islamic lectures during itikaf? Please quickly response .as i am messaging from mosqye and there is not any body here bcuz of covid
Yes you can, if your intention is to worship Allah by gaining knowledge and you dont get distracted with the phone.

Hamza Asadullah
05-08-2021, 10:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by iammuslim98
Assalaamu Alaikum,

Dua can be said anytime but especially in the latter part of the night at Tahajjud time just before Fajr begins and during fasting especially before fasting ends before Maghrib. These are the two key times. Try to seclude yourself or go to a place where you can beg and cry unto Allah and ask of him for his mercy and forgiveness.

Yes you can listen to Islamic lectures but it is far better to concentrate on the Qur'an during these last few blessed days and nights and trying to understand what you are reciting with a good commentary of the Qur'an, contemplating, pondering and trying to internalise how we can implement what Allah is teaching us into our lives. The problem with having your phone is it can be a distraction and one can easily get distracted with other things so it is best to keep it away from you as much as possible so you can truly benefit from this sacred time of seclusion. Do remember us in your Dua's too insha'Allah.

iammuslim98
05-12-2021, 09:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza Asadullah
Assalaamu Alaikum,

Dua can be said anytime but especially in the latter part of the night at Tahajjud time just before Fajr begins and during fasting especially before fasting ends before Maghrib. These are the two key times. Try to seclude yourself or go to a place where you can beg and cry unto Allah and ask of him for his mercy and forgiveness.

Yes you can listen to Islamic lectures but it is far better to concentrate on the Qur'an during these last few blessed days and nights and trying to understand what you are reciting with a good commentary of the Qur'an, contemplating, pondering and trying to internalise how we can implement what Allah is teaching us into our lives. The problem with having your phone is it can be a distraction and one can easily get distracted with other things so it is best to keep it away from you as much as possible so you can truly benefit from this sacred time of seclusion. Do remember us in your Dua's too insha'Allah.
Made dua for u both :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.