/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Colleague said I should convert to Islam

Monika
05-13-2021, 10:24 PM
Salam,
I have a question for this great community.
I'm working in a huge company with people from all over the world. I'm Christian and few months back have started talking to very kind much younger Muslim man, younger I mean it would be like Muhammad and Khadija. We have few things in common he is funny and in general I enjoy talking to him. He asked for my phone number, but texted only once, but it's not the case, during last conversation at work, when I asked how's fasting going, He said I should convert to Islam so we can pray together. It left me with double thoughts, does he wants to be more than friends, or he just want's me to accept better religion? I adore him in every way, and only because of this I've started reading Quran to get more understanding about the religion itself. I haven't tell him this yet.
Thank you for thoughts and advises.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
eesa the kiwi
05-13-2021, 10:59 PM
Welcome to the forum

I don't really have any advice on your situation but if you are interested in learning about Islam and what it is muslims believe have a look at this site www.islamreligion.com they have a bunch of good articles about Islam and a live chat q and a for you to ask questions

Alternatively stick around here and feel free to ask about any issues you may want clarification on

Ümit
05-14-2021, 06:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Monika
Salam,
I have a question for this great community.
I'm working in a huge company with people from all over the world. I'm Christian and few months back have started talking to very kind much younger Muslim man, younger I mean it would be like Muhammad and Khadija. We have few things in common he is funny and in general I enjoy talking to him. He asked for my phone number, but texted only once, but it's not the case, during last conversation at work, when I asked how's fasting going, He said I should convert to Islam so we can pray together. It left me with double thoughts, does he wants to be more than friends, or he just want's me to accept better religion? I adore him in every way, and only because of this I've started reading Quran to get more understanding about the religion itself. I haven't tell him this yet.
Thank you for thoughts and advises.
İ assume you mean you have started to read a translation of the Quraan.
My advise to you is to do this with a Tafsir.
A tafsir is a book which translates the Quraan and provides the needed background information to every verse.
That way, you will better understand what you are reading.
Otherwise it can be pretty confusing pretty fast.

Tafsirs are free online or downloadable in the form of pdf or app.

İ would recomment the "Tafsir İbn Kathir". That is broadly accepted by most muslims.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.