/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Scholar counsels Doctor Ahmad Laat

sheikhonderun-
05-20-2021, 01:57 AM
This is an excerpt from one of Ahmed Laat’s speeches. Its translated more or less meaning.
Allah has given you this profession & service you render. Sometimes I tease. Your position is such if a chief politician comes you can instruct him.
“Take long breath!’ ‘Hold it!’ and he has to hold it “Sit down!” “I will take blood pressure only if you are standing.” Allah has given you that authority. You are master of your science. And you can gain in hereafter as well.
We had neighbour who was doctor. He had duty twice a day at nursing home morning & evening.
One day I asked you go to work what intention do you make? He replied “what is need for intention? Its my job”.
I told him these are the joys of Muslim. I told him what is it that you do at the ward. You go the rounds go to the patient stand for couple of minutes. “Are you good?” “Did you sleep well?” “Did you eat?” small talk. “I have seen your report its good.” Asking all of this doesn’t take that long.
What is visiting the sick? To be concerned about well being and condition of the patient. Thus, you are visiting the sick.
How many patients are there in the ward?
In hadith Prophet (saw) said “There is no Muslim who visits a (sick) Muslim early in the morning but 70,000 angels send blessings upon him until evening comes, and if he visits him in the evening, 70,000 angels send blessings upon him until morning comes, and he will have a garden in Paradise.” (Tirmidhi) For each patient, you receive 140,000 prayers.
He met me after couple of days. “Sheikh! What advice you gave me! Each time I go to nursing home I begin with the intention of visiting the sick.”

https://sheikhonderun.wordpress.com/...or-ahmad-laat/

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.