/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Unattractive Spouse

sheikhonderun-
05-21-2021, 11:20 PM
This is an excerpt from one of Tariq Masood’s speeches. Its translated more or less meaning.
One person came to me ‘my spouse is not attractive to me what shall I do? I am stuck.’ I told him to have patience and its not like you are incredibly attractive yourself.
We had student in Islamic seminary who got married. He came to our teacher. He was shy & kept saying he is really worried. Teacher made him comfortable and said its ok what’s the issue. He said ‘I got married and I don’t find my wife attractive.’ Teacher told him have you ever looked at yourself in the mirror. He replied yes off course. Teacher said no not in normal sense of trying to fix your hair but look at yourself & evaluate yourself on the same beauty standards you are evaluating your spouse on.
Later, he went and came back said I am grateful to Allah, am content and its my fortune that Allah has given this spouse to me.
It’s height of ingratitude. There is so much ingratitude these days that people become victims of depression. If I choose to be happy, whatever has been provided to me in this world if I live with patience & gratitude what will I get in heaven? Hur (women of heaven)
Whatever been given to us in this world, its not our efforts but more so due to our fate. There are unattractive men who get beautiful women. There are unattractive women who get handsome men. Men with good character get women who have bad character. And there are women with good character who get men with bad character. And that’s this world.
What is heaven? Its only made for pious people. Allah given special beauty to women of heaven.
“Hûr (beautiful females) guarded in pavilions” (55:72)
Learn to live there is no need to constantly worry. Anyways in old age all of these thoughts will wither away. She will become old then see who is beautiful then? In old age you will lose any looks you had neither will she have any. Its only few days so be patient. What do you think?
And don’t ever resort to sin! You will get punished. There will accountability for it. Allah has not created us Muslims to be in futile stress. If a Muslim is to worry what should that worry be? He/she should be concerned with what do I need to do to enter heaven & Allah is pleased with me.
In that condition, if Allah provides you wealth well & good. You should make effort. Becoming passive and not making any effort this is not teachings of our faith. Make effort in becoming successful in this world. If you are successful great and if you are not successful that’s ok as well. Be happy.

https://sheikhonderun.wordpress.com/...active-spouse/

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.