PDA

View Full Version : Trust in marriage

Abdul Hackeem
05-26-2021, 07:30 AM
How can we build trust in marriage

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
SoldierAmatUllah
05-26-2021, 09:34 AM
I think one of the ways is to not place passwords on the phone & mutual agreement to check on each others phones.

Allah hu Aalam

Dianah
05-26-2021, 11:50 AM
Building trust will take constant commitment and determination, planning as well as strategy. I believe in any relationship the first thing that you can do to build trust is communication regardless from the perspective of the husband or wife. Try to be as transparent as possible to your partner. You should be honest if there is a financial problem for example.

You could also avoid things that you know make youre partner insecure. For example, social interaction with the opposite gender should be limited to a certain extent if your partner feels uncomfortable about it.

The last but not least that I believe would build trust is to simply spend quality time together. This is because marriage is a sacred partnership that your bound in your lifetime. Prior to marriage you dont know everything about your partner so when marriage comes, sometimes people feel disillusioned. Spending quality time togethet should help that. For example, pray together or simply eat together.

I hope this helps in your understanding. I am not a counselor but this is from my experience. Remember, marriage is not filled with roses. Sometimes you would have difficulty and disagreements but its how you manage it that determimes your happiness in the marriage.

Eric H
05-26-2021, 12:05 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Abdul Hackeem; and welcome to the forum; you certainly come with a profoundly challenging question.

If you can both put Allah first and above your spouse, you should have no need for secrets, everything you do is to please Allah. If you can both please Allah, then you will be doing everything right to please your spouse as well.

When you first get married, you don't know your spouse that well, but you have to be able to trust them; or the marriage cannot work. More to the point, your spouse also has to trust you when you walk out the door and you are both separated. Trust is all about your journey together over a long time, trust has to be earned over fifty years plus.

Pray together, pray for each other, pray for your family, and ask Allah to bless your marriage.

Eric

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IslamLife00
05-26-2021, 09:55 PM
I was going to say similar to what Eric has said.

First and foremost, trust in Allah. The first 'relationship' you must have is with Him.
Nothing happens without His permission. Regardless it's what you hope for or don't hope for. Regardless you've worked hard on it, or you haven't.
So rely on Him for everything, all the time. Money, marriage, family, self, all matters.

If Allah decrees someone or something for you - whatever happens, how long it takes, whatever anyone does to get in between you and that person/thing - it will happen.
You need to put work into it, of course, for example if you want a trustworthy and reliable wife, put the work to be a trustworthy and reliable husband.
But if you don't have tawakkul in Him, in His plans for you, and that He intends nothing but good for you - you will not achieve that. because, how can you trust a creation, if you don't have trust in the Creator?

We humans are flawed. We are not all able, all competent, we succeed in some things and fail in other things. Allah is beyond all that.
We would like to have control over our lives, but we don't. We have 'some control', we can control our actions, our words - even that we fail sometimes and when we fail, we disappoint ourselves and / or others.
Only Allah has total control of everything. Make Him priority and He will not disappoint you.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.