/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Allah is more merciful...

Cblu
06-05-2021, 03:12 PM
Hi my friends,
This has been on my mind for sometime about a hadith. If it is compared to a parent. I remember ages ago about Allah being more merciful than a mother is to her child. Yet in Christianity we are His children..
How can we explain this sort of mercy and love in Islam?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AabiruSabeel
06-06-2021, 07:51 AM
That hadith is not actually a comparison. It is just to make us humans understand, because the best form of mercy and compassion that we can feel here is a mother's compassion for her child. Allah's Mercy and Compassion is more than 70 times greater than that, which means it is actually infinite Mercy which you cannot measure or compare with anyone else.

Any attribute of Allah cannot be compared with that of His creation.

Cblu
06-07-2021, 05:09 AM
why are all sins forgiveable except shirk? If His Mercy is greater than a mother how do you consider Allah.. As a simply the Creator and Master? Furtheremore, how can you really be certain the sins are forgiven?

Ümit
06-07-2021, 06:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Cblu
Hi my friends,
This has been on my mind for sometime about a hadith. If it is compared to a parent. I remember ages ago about Allah being more merciful than a mother is to her child. Yet in Christianity we are His children..
How can we explain this sort of mercy and love in Islam?
What is there to explain? we are not Allahs children and He still is more merciful than a mother to her child.

See it this way:
There is a hadith that goes something like this
if Allahs mercy would be divided in 100 parts, one of that part is all the mercy we experience in this life. That is the reason why a a killer animal like a lions cub is safe in its mothers mouth.

The other 99 parts of Allahs mercy is saved for the afterlife.

format_quote Originally Posted by Cblu
why are all sins forgiveable except shirk? If His Mercy is greater than a mother how do you consider Allah.. As a simply the Creator and Master? Furtheremore, how can you really be certain the sins are forgiven?
that one must be explained a little different.

ALL SINS ARE FORGIVEABLE...even shirk. That is in this life...if you repent in this life and ask forgiveness, then everything is forgiveable.
However the difference here is that all sins can be compensated...except for shirk.
In the afterlife your good deeds and bad deeds will be put on a scale...so if you have enough good deeds to compensate for the bad, then you are pretty much safe...however, shirk, if you didn't repent for it before you died, will not be forgiven and cannot be compensated with good deeds.

You can never be certain that your sins are forgiven...therefore, you must keep praying and asking forgiveness.
if you have wronged a friend or someone else you deeply love...how can you be certain that they have forgiven you? do you say sorry only once? or would you keep apologizing untill you are almost sure that you made absolutely clear that you were wrong?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Cblu
06-07-2021, 09:47 PM
Thanks for expaining. I see what the sort of mercy likened to parenthood and much more.. I agree that if wronging someone you'll want and need to keep apologizing, pray and asking forgiveness at every moment. It will never be made clear that you're absolutely forgiven I think. And that is why i can see how necessary Jesus Christ is for us.
Allah's Mercy is more than His Wrath, that is true, but you put it so well; like a killer animal whose cub is held gently. So much anxiety is possible, if you consider Him with such fear the heart can't take. And remorse that your every breath you wonder its a mistake.
A balance between hope and fear in Allah is necessary, but where I notice most Muslims falter (as I have myself once upon a time) was that its either all hope to a point of despair.. And intense fear that a single verse of the quran mentioning Hell is enough that you do tend question.. ? God forbid. I am aware that the Muslim is a mirror of another, so somebody will advise another any key symptoms of eternal damnation probability; but on the other spectrum the race and competition to do good works and be better than your fellow sister was there.
I do think it's still essential to have a judge-by-whats-apparent culture, but some I've experienced from fellow sisters were poor and baseless judgements and questions to further indulge self-evaluations.
Forgiveness is very integral healing, but if external influences reinforce seeking Allah's forgiveness and mercy out of fright. I'd really like to know what then or how should one manage?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.