/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I give up

Dead_inside
06-09-2021, 02:00 AM
All I see on social media is Judgement day coming. I just feel like I am wasting my time going to Grad school. My mental is bad and so is my deen. I wasted my life for nothing. For those telling me to pray, i am so depressed its hard to even get up to shower. Theres no point in me continuing to try when its too late

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Avis
06-09-2021, 03:07 AM
You're doing exactly what the Shaytaan wants you to do. Your life is only wasted if you die on kufr. You need to find what is causing you to be so depressed and work through it. Letting the issue fester will only make it worse. Stop going on social media, it does nothing but make everything worse. Turn to your Creator, truly turn to Him, with all of your problems and beg Him to help you.

You don't need to go to graduate school if you don't want to, but you should find something beneficial to spend your time on. Try to help people in need and live your life for your Akhira and not the dunya. Nothing anyone achieves here matters unless it is done to seek the pleasure of Allah.

Repent now, and every wrong you did in the past will be converted to good deeds. Force yourself to perform Salah, even if you feel that you currently hate it, just keep doing it. I stopped doing it a long time ago and my life only got worse. I thought poorly of Allah and everything was miserable. Al Hamdullilah, with His help, I was able to change my mindset and realize I was in error and everything bad that happened to me was from my own doing. Think good of Allah, realize He wants what is best for you. Understand that the suffering you go through in this world aren't always punishments, but more like purification or a means for you to come closer to Allah. Once I started doing what I mentioned, my life has become much more bearable. The turning point is when I started to perform Salah consistently. And for the first month, it actually caused me extreme physical pain in my legs, but I suffered through it and now I have no problem. Yea, sometimes I get whispers of "why should I pray" or "its the same thing over and over, why do I keep doing this" but I realize it's just the Shaytaan. You will always have him tell you to do the opposite of what you need to do.

Start watching YouTube Lectures and stop watching Western Filth and stay away from Social Media. The more you view them, the worse your mental state will become.

Dead_inside
06-09-2021, 03:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Avis
You're doing exactly what the Shaytaan wants you to do. Your life is only wasted if you die on kufr. You need to find what is causing you to be so depressed and work through it. Letting the issue fester will only make it worse. Stop going on social media, it does nothing but make everything worse. Turn to your Creator, truly turn to Him, with all of your problems and beg Him to help you.

You don't need to go to graduate school if you don't want to, but you should find something beneficial to spend your time on. Try to help people in need and live your life for your Akhira and not the dunya. Nothing anyone achieves here matters unless it is done to seek the pleasure of Allah.

Repent now, and every wrong you did in the past will be converted to good deeds. Force yourself to perform Salah, even if you feel that you currently hate it, just keep doing it. I stopped doing it a long time ago and my life only got worse. I thought poorly of Allah and everything was miserable. Al Hamdullilah, with His help, I was able to change my mindset and realize I was in error and everything bad that happened to me was from my own doing. Think good of Allah, realize He wants what is best for you. Understand that the suffering you go through in this world aren't always punishments, but more like purification or a means for you to come closer to Allah. Once I started doing what I mentioned, my life has become much more bearable. The turning point is when I started to perform Salah consistently. And for the first month, it actually caused me extreme physical pain in my legs, but I suffered through it and now I have no problem. Yea, sometimes I get whispers of "why should I pray" or "its the same thing over and over, why do I keep doing this" but I realize it's just the Shaytaan. You will always have him tell you to do the opposite of what you need to do.

Start watching YouTube Lectures and stop watching Western Filth and stay away from Social Media. The more you view them, the worse your mental state will become.
I want to go to Graduate school but im scared, Im.scared to go to work im scared to go to the gym, I just dont know how to stop the numbness. And its so hard to find or even afford a therapist who is also Muslim. I need a therapist and a mentor in Islam

*charisma*
06-09-2021, 05:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dead_inside
I want to go to Graduate school but im scared, Im.scared to go to work im scared to go to the gym, I just dont know how to stop the numbness. And its so hard to find or even afford a therapist who is also Muslim. I need a therapist and a mentor in Islam
assalamu alaikum

Sounds like you have anxiety. What are you scared about? Obviously, if you allow yourself to be crippled by not doing anything at all surely that's not any better than going to Uni. Secondly, we're all human and full of mistakes, but Allah is forgiving and merciful. You can start implementing worship in your life while going to school. You can take time out of your day for reflection and worship. You can surround yourself with better people. Grow and find some zest in your life. We do not isolate and seclude ourselves 24/7 for worship, that's not what's intended. You need to find balance.

Only Allah knows when the day of judgement will be. Surely it is coming because it was something that was always going to come and nearing because time moves forward not backward, but that knowledge is solely with Allah not anyone else. However, death can also come to us at anytime as well, but there's no point in being this fearful if it prevents you from improving yourself. Take some initiative and start making changes in your life without complaining about things. We have a million things we can pick to complain about, and it's not just you. But focus on the blessings instead, on the possibilities that things will be ok inshallah. Move yourself away from this crippling fear which has absolutely no benefit.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Cblu
06-09-2021, 07:26 AM
All I see on social media is Judgement day coming. I just feel like I am wasting my time going to Grad school. My mental is bad and so is my deen. I wasted my life for nothing. For those telling me to pray, i am so depressed its hard to even get up to shower. Theres no point in me continuing to try when its too late
Its never eve too late. For now dont bother about religious obligations. Put your health first and go take that shower. I get it. Sun can seriously make you feel sluggish, but its just a current emotion- "its too late to try, to continue"

If it was too late I personally would have left this planet 2 years ago, but our Creator has a reason why you still see another day. It's impressive for you to even make this post, it means your psyche is strong even at its worst.

I remember..my mental health deteriorated slowly, I tried remedying it with prayer and a lot of high expectations were put on me to do and be a Muslima in every matter. If you have someone to talk to in real life, count that blessing and dont ignore it- nothing like raw human connection. I had a diary and wrote to Allah, there are some things that you cant let go of. Looked for a breacrumb of hope, just the will to function not only as the average person but a Muslima. I had no friends throoughout, 'deen' only fed my insecurities and anxiety. My friends either married or moved, so really you only have yourself.

Humble advice from an unwirthy murtad:
You feel depressed now, but tomorrow or a few years later its going to be different. Nothing stays the exact same. Pull yourself together, take a shower and fix yourself something to eat. Self-care is important so you can take care of religious duties after.

The mind is like a garden, water the soil even if there arent any flowers yet.

keiv
06-09-2021, 10:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Cblu
Its never eve too late. For now dont bother about religious obligations. Put your health first and go take that shower. I get it. Sun can seriously make you feel sluggish, but its just a current emotion- "its too late to try, to continue"

If it was too late I personally would have left this planet 2 years ago, but our Creator has a reason why you still see another day. It's impressive for you to even make this post, it means your psyche is strong even at its worst.

I remember..my mental health deteriorated slowly, I tried remedying it with prayer and a lot of high expectations were put on me to do and be a Muslima in every matter. If you have someone to talk to in real life, count that blessing and dont ignore it- nothing like raw human connection. I had a diary and wrote to Allah, there are some things that you cant let go of. Looked for a breacrumb of hope, just the will to function not only as the average person but a Muslima. I had no friends throoughout, 'deen' only fed my insecurities and anxiety. My friends either married or moved, so really you only have yourself.

Humble advice from an unwirthy murtad:
You feel depressed now, but tomorrow or a few years later its going to be different. Nothing stays the exact same. Pull yourself together, take a shower and fix yourself something to eat. Self-care is important so you can take care of religious duties after.

The mind is like a garden, water the soil even if there arent any flowers yet.
Anything can happen at any time. When it comes to religious duties, I would not procrastinate. You don't have to choose between taking care of your health or being religious. Both can be done at the same time. In fact, I'd say they go hand in hand.

keiv
06-09-2021, 10:32 AM
According to social media, judgement day is always coming. It has been for many years now. As Charisma said, time is moving forward, so yes, technically we are getting closer to it. There is nothing wrong with being reminded about it, but use those reminders to bring you closer to the deen, not push you away from it. If you are aware of the events to come (whether we see them or not), why would you not strive to do better?

Do not take this the wrong way, but think about it like this. If you give up on everything now, will that change the world around you? Life is going to continue moving on. 1 year from now, you will look back and say "if only I did such and such...". Do not let time pass you by. I've seen that happen to so many people. Regret will only lead to a deeper depression later on in life.

BeTheChange
06-09-2021, 12:11 PM
Asalamualykum

You really need to look after yourself. The situation in the world is going to get worse. There will be more trials and tribulations especially for the Muslim ummah.

Think positive and focus on what you can do. We are encouraged to do good even if qiymaat is approaching we are told to carry on and plant a seed.

Take black seed oil daily.

Have cold showers this will wake you up mentally and you will have lots of energy.

Increase your excercise. It will lift your mood.

Be in a state of purity i.e. wudu.

Recite zikar and Quraan daily.

Get involved in activities that you enjoy and make you happy insha Allah.

Turn to Allah swt and cry to Allah swt asking for help and guidance. If you don't pray please pray as this is the MAIN root for our depression. Also with all this invasion of technology and 5G towers it is quite possible our health may be affected. Good news is the more we are in sajood the more toxins are released from our bodies so all the more reason to pray insha Allah. Look into grounding insha Allah. Get in touch with nature. Take your shoes off and walk on the grass. Trust me you will automatically feel better insha Allah.

Remember our Prophet s.a.w experienced more sadness than us yet he s.a.w always had a smile on his face!

Eric H
06-09-2021, 01:31 PM
No matter how many bad days you have had in your life, you have survived each and every one of them. Scoring a 100% success rate is good by any standards - You are a survivor.

I want to go to Graduate school but im scared,
Fear is a choice - There are alternatives.

In 2011 I had tests done for cancer, about a month later the doctor phoned and said he urgently wanted to see me, it was non – Hodgkin Lymphoma. This was a name I recognised, our friend had this cancer, and died a few months later. Being told I had cancer was out of my hands, there was nothing I could do about it. But I still had choices; I could dictate how the cancer was going to affect my mind and my ability to cope with the news.

A few minutes after putting the phone down; I prayed for the wisdom, strength and peace to do God’s will, whether the cancer was a death sentence, or just an inconvenience. I can only say that from the moment of making this prayer, I have experienced a profound sense of peace that is beyond my understanding, and the thought of cancer has never troubled me for a moment.

Cancer could be a truly worrying process, you wait a month or two for appointments, you wait for the results, and you wait for more appointments. I have never once prayed for healing, at the age of 62, the prayer for healing seemed too complicated, it might or might not be my time to go. Recognising this profound sense of peace comes from God, gives me reason to be thankful.

May Allah bless you with wisdom, courage, strength and peace to do his will.

Eric

IslamLife00
06-10-2021, 09:03 PM
Ukhti, those are reminders about death, about Judgement Day. It's to remind us about the akhira, and not focus too much on this dunya because it will not last anyway

and as Allah said in the Quran, the ultimate success is Jannah. So start fulfilling obligatory acts of worship, and then increase it with sunnah and nafl.

It will bring you closer to Allah inshaAllah and we always need Him especially now the world is becoming crazier, even filthier.

It didn't use to be this bad. Even I now start hating this world and I'm afraid I will hate it even more as time goes by.

I pray that Allah will keep me steadfast in the deen and that I will return to Him as nothing other than a muslim inshaAllah

if it's wrong to hate this world and living here - may Allah have mercy on me and take that hatred away from me. I'm afraid of the effects of this strong emotion.

I have to turn to Allah more and avoid spending too much time watching news that will aggravate me more.

I've never truly liked this world but now I hate it and I hate the shaytan (of jinn and humankind) that make it worse every day. InshaAllah they will all meet the punishments Allah has promised for them.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.