/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Haram? Free competition website

MadaSeghuh
07-19-2021, 10:32 AM
A non-Muslim friend recommended me a free competition website as he knows I'm not allowed to gamble. You can see it here: [link removed]

However, something about it doesn't feel right. It looks like a gambling website to me where you can win money, although it is completely free to play.

I know Maisir is prohibited by Islamic law, so I'm really conflicted whether this is okay? Can someone else confirm for me - it would really relieve my doubts.

Maybe I'm just scared it will lead me into actual gambling in the future.

Thanks

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ucloud
07-21-2021, 11:30 PM
If its completely free and not pay to win scheme then i don't see a problem.

Back when i was a kid, my mom used to take me to the mall for grocery shopping and there was a competition (sort of) where you would spent X amount of money shopping in the store to get yourself in the raffle. So basically here you are buying goods for yourself and in the process getting a ticket for you to place in the tumbler.

Mind telling me what the game is, website so i can see ? i'd get better clarity on the issue.

But if you are scared that it might lead you far from the right path then i'd stop then and there. Are you responsible enough? Don't answer me but ask yourself. People tend to say no i wont but then do it anyway. Be sure to look deep into yourself and see who you actually are. From there honestly if you'd like, pray 2 raakats to allah and ask him about it.

Tread carefully! I'd really like another opinion on this from a new poster.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.