/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Yoga. Is it considered shirk?

LoveProphets
07-29-2021, 04:08 PM
It isn't a brand new topic, for it has been covered years before this post was created. Although in a rather confusing way. Yoga has spread among the Muslims massively, as a matter of fact it has spread throughout the world massively. One major problem arose out of this, as it became a rather complicated topic. There are many scholars who say that yoga is completely prohibited in Islam, not just that but it is literal shirk if you do yoga and to my understanding that is not just the meditation part in which you recite nonsense things and worship the Sun. Question is often thrown what if you don't believe in the rubbish, not recite it at all (I mean after all reciting does absolutely nothing in the yoga process) and not worship the Sun, take it as an exercise. Still most scholars say that it is completely prohibited. Now a realization is that there is a hadith of Prophet Muhammed (peace be upon him) in which he clearly says that if you follow other religions, you become one of them. Now this has confused me furthermore, it could well be interpreted that it means if you even do yoga at all that is shirk. Shirk is in my mind and the mind of all Muslims I believe in a league of its own, it is the largest sin in Islam for a reason, I mean this is the only sin that is never forgiven and punished eternally. That is very dangerous then because if it is literal shirk, then I don't think anyone would be willing to do it. Don't get me wrong I am not promoting sins again, but this is a reality and fact that the mercy of God is given to everyone with the first pillar of Islam, only shirk is something that the merciful God never forgives if you do not repent in this life. So the question arises is yoga equal to shirk? Or is it sinful, just not shirk?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BeTheChange
07-29-2021, 04:44 PM
Asalamualykum

Best to avoid at all cost! Yoga is deeply disturbing! It is one of the biggest lies we Muslims are falling into. All the yoga poses (cobra posen, cat or cow or downward facing dog are in reality a representation of their (Hindu) gods.

Lots of paganism is in yoga ..it has a purpose for the one practicing it even without him even knowing ..the person realizes it when he reaches the highest 7th stage which is the third eye awakening stage. Do other forms of stretching or excercise but avoid yoga.

m4rouf
07-29-2021, 10:32 PM
Yeah when you look at the origins of yoga and what it represents you will be disgusted. I would consider it shirk.

Just do physio stretches and exercises instead.

SoldierAmatUllah
08-01-2021, 03:29 AM
Please avoid& save yourself from being disgusted later on when it's too late.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.