/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question of SABR...

Questioner123
08-25-2021, 08:30 PM
There are some things that confuses me regarding Islam..
I dont know what and how am i supposed to think....
For example, how long are we supposed to do Sabr? Especially for a woman, it is very crucial. And what if something seemingly unislamic (example, a song, or a band) helps your soul be in a good space? Its been 2 years, I have been praying extensively, doing tahajjud for the majority part of that time. Yet, it seems like things just going down. So HOW am i supposed to think of Allah subhanAllahu Ta'la as the most merciful with 99% mercy and 99% of love, and 99% of kindness and generosity? My mind automatically goes in autodrive thinking " He is nothing but all that i mentioned, to me" "He is cruel"... and guess.. what..? It scares me, and makes me feel like I should end my life.. because, Allah sunhanAllahu Ta'la says, "I am how my servants think of me towards them"
So if i Feel He is being cruel, so I would get more cruelty? So what is the end do it?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Yunussalaf
08-26-2021, 04:28 PM
Bismi Allahi wa salatu wa salam alaa nabiiyuna Muhammed wa alaa alihi wa ashabihi ajmaeen.

It is normal for humans to have ups and downs and we are all tested differently. Obviously one should keep being patient whatever happens. This is obligatory on all Muslims. And be optimistic as much as possible. Sadness and other feelings may arise which makes the person have bad thoughts. These thoughts are not necessarily from the person herself/himself but a way for shaytaan and his helpers to make the person feel even more bad.
Bad thoughts should simply be ignored or pushed away by the Sunnah. Therefore one should do as much worship and Sunnah as one is capable of. Anything which is not Qur'an or Sunnah then it is waswas bothering the servant in her /his path towards Allah.
Remember Allah forgives all sins except shirk and kufr, so we are very fortunate to be Muslims in the first place and it is a small thing we are required to do as pious servants compared to the great reward Allah had promised Muslims.

And Allah Knows Best.

Ümit
08-27-2021, 09:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Questioner123
There are some things that confuses me regarding Islam..
I dont know what and how am i supposed to think....
For example, how long are we supposed to do Sabr? Especially for a woman, it is very crucial. And what if something seemingly unislamic (example, a song, or a band) helps your soul be in a good space? Its been 2 years, I have been praying extensively, doing tahajjud for the majority part of that time. Yet, it seems like things just going down. So HOW am i supposed to think of Allah subhanAllahu Ta'la as the most merciful with 99% mercy and 99% of love, and 99% of kindness and generosity? My mind automatically goes in autodrive thinking " He is nothing but all that i mentioned, to me" "He is cruel"... and guess.. what..? It scares me, and makes me feel like I should end my life.. because, Allah sunhanAllahu Ta'la says, "I am how my servants think of me towards them"
So if i Feel He is being cruel, so I would get more cruelty? So what is the end do it?
First when you have the feeling "I have no more Sabr", the real Sabr starts. Before that was just giving it some time and waiting...that was no Sabr.

Allah is not cruel...you know that just as good as I and everyone else here. The only reason you think that Allah is cruel, is because you do not see the whole picture...no one does...we only see our own perspectives...but we have to trust Allah that everything that happens, happens for a reason.

A good clue for me that you are not seeing the whole picture, or dont want to see the whole picture is that you want to end your life.
That is a crystal clear example that you are not thinking straight....because, what happens when you end your life? are your sufferings then finally over? can you finally have peace when you are dead? are you then freed from the heavy burden you have on this Earth?

NO...NO...and NO....much much greater sufferings and pain awaits you in the afterlife when you just quit on this earth and end your life. you would regret it every second for the rest of eternity...but you cannot undo that anymore.

Yunussalaf
08-28-2021, 08:26 AM
I will add more to my previous reply here. InshaAllah hoping it is useful.

An-Nisa' 4:116

إِنَّ ٱللَّهَ لَا يَغْفِرُ أَن يُشْرَكَ بِهِۦ وَيَغْفِرُ مَا دُونَ ذَٰلِكَ لِمَن يَشَآءُۚ وَمَن يُشْرِكْ بِٱللَّهِ فَقَدْ ضَلَّ ضَلَٰلًۢا بَعِيدًا

Indeed, Allah does not forgive association with Him, but He forgives what is less than that for whom He wills. And he who associates others with Allah has certainly gone far astray.

Bismi Allahi wa salatu wa salam alaa nabiiyuna Muhammed wa alaa alihi wa ashabihi ajmaeen.

Suicide is a great and ugly sin and the punishment is Hell Fire. Hopefully Allah will forgive some people who do this and not let them stay in Hell forever.

But I completely see the wisdom in the punishment of these people because it is like killing another person. Taking life which is sacred. It is also as if you are ungrateful for your life. On top of this thoughts of suicide are extremely negative and has nothing but evil to it. Of course it may be the work of shaytaan on the person who has lost control.

So leave all these evil and negative thoughts and never consider suicide again. Instead ask forgiveness and start on a fresh.

Concerning the music which you like then this is also a sin and is maybe also shaytaan playing with you. It is maybe also a weakness within your self which you can also work on. Music, alcohol, cigarettes etc. are all the same in that people get addicted because they feel some peace or relief for a moment. They are only false stimulants because they are full of evil and foul things. Just look at how lowly musicians, movie stars etc. usually are. Drug addicts and satanic ways. But like many things in this dunia then they may at first seem attractive. If everything was clear then no one would fall into the traps of evil.

The best way to get clearness of mind is to learn more about Islam by reading, listening to lectures, etc. The best is the Qur'an and Sunnah. Always strive to do good and fight all evil especially these negative thoughts which may be shaytaans whispers.. Make your life for Allah. It is great that you do tajahhud but maybe it is not enough. Patience is everyday and through the whole life. Take it as a challenge. Also patience is wajib. And if you become very strong in your eemane then you can attain stages of pleasure with being tested and even gratefulness. The slave is on three stages: patience which is wajib. Pleasure with the decree. And gratefulness with the decree. This is useful to know because patience becomes easy if one wants to attain the higher levels of eemane.

And Allah Knows Best

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.