/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety Due to Current Situations

FinalNyc
08-26-2021, 07:36 AM
I couldn't help but be stressed about everything that's going on. The pandemic is getting worse, with the reports regarding new variants and all. Our brothers and sisters are suffering in Afghanistan and I just don't think they'll be better. This life is difficult and I can't help but feel sorry and guilty at the same time. How are you dealing with this?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Eisenman
08-26-2021, 07:40 AM
This situation is really hard for all of us. I can't fathom being stuck in both situations.

FinalNyc
08-27-2021, 03:30 AM
All we can do is pray and hope that this will all be over.

keiv
08-28-2021, 06:54 PM
The situation of the world today is certainly unique to everyone around, old and young. Civil unrest on a global scale, the spread of misinformation on many issues, natural disasters increasing, supply shortages of all kinds, etc. On top of everything going on, it feels like time keeps moving faster everyday and it feels hard to keep up. We know that things will get worse before it gets better, whether that's in the near future or well past our times. This, we understand, is from our religion and believe it to be inevitable. We should continue to stay steadfast, continue to make dua for protection against falsehood, and dua to keep us firm in our religion.

If you feel stressed our or overburdened by something, take a break from whatever you are doing. Find a quiet place somewhere or do something that normally relaxes you. After some time, you will feel better inshaAllah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Labayk
09-02-2021, 02:29 AM
Nowadays Tawakkul is more important than ever. Leaving that which is beyond your control to Allah and working diligently upon that which is within your extremely limited control and power. This is what all of us must do and focus on.

FinalNyc
09-07-2021, 04:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by keiv
The situation of the world today is certainly unique to everyone around, old and young. Civil unrest on a global scale, the spread of misinformation on many issues, natural disasters increasing, supply shortages of all kinds, etc. On top of everything going on, it feels like time keeps moving faster everyday and it feels hard to keep up. We know that things will get worse before it gets better, whether that's in the near future or well past our times. This, we understand, is from our religion and believe it to be inevitable. We should continue to stay steadfast, continue to make dua for protection against falsehood, and dua to keep us firm in our religion.

If you feel stressed our or overburdened by something, take a break from whatever you are doing. Find a quiet place somewhere or do something that normally relaxes you. After some time, you will feel better inshaAllah.
You're maybe right and at some point, I'm trying to get away from this stress by limiting myself on watching news. I'm also considering whether be vaccinated or not. Did you already received your jab?

- - - Updated - - -

format_quote Originally Posted by Labayk
Nowadays Tawakkul is more important than ever. Leaving that which is beyond your control to Allah and working diligently upon that which is within your extremely limited control and power. This is what all of us must do and focus on.
Thank you for reminding me to trust on the process. I'm just worried that Taliban ban the vaccines and I remember this is exactly what they did with polio vaccines. What's your thoughts on this?

Labayk
09-07-2021, 09:06 PM
You're maybe right and at some point, I'm trying to get away from this stress by limiting myself on watching news.
Exactly.

When we look into our history, Islamic history, we find innumerable situations from the very beginnings of the Dawah in Mecca of Rasoolulah (Salalahu 'Alaihi wa Salaam) up until today of the Muslims being in impossible situations in which Allah delivered them in nothing short of miraculous ways.

“And whosoever has Taqwa of Allah, He will make a way for him to get out (from every difficulty). And He will provide for him from sources he never could imagine. And whosoever puts his trust in Allah, then He will suffice him. Verily, Allah will accomplish His purpose. Indeed Allah has set a measure for all things.” (Surah At-Talaq 65:2-3)

The provision mentioned would of course apply to money and financial needs, but it also applies to anything that the Muslim may need.

This was of course true in the time of the Prophet (Salalahu 'Alaihi wa Salaam) but it is also very true in what has occurred to the Muslims after him.

When we study history, it is after the fact. We can sit in our chairs and read that which a particular scholar or group of scholars of history spent a number of years writing combing through the debris of documents, manuscripts, testimonies and evidence of what had occurred. Because the heat of the situation had already cooled down, we can get (inshaAllah) a good grasp of the overall picture.

Because of that, it is very possible and not all too difficult for the diligent reader to be able to see much of the wisdom in what Allah Wills of events, conflicts, tragedies, tribulations and turmoil that has befallen the Ummah over the centuries.

The thing for us, now, is that because of the media confusion (amongst other reasons) it is VERY difficult for us to see the full picture. I do believe that in this age of information of ours, it is possible, but very difficult. Even when we cut ourselves off from the waswas of the media (which I very strongly encourage all to do) we still do need to fill the gap in our understanding of the true, full assessment of what is going on in the world. That is very hard.

Because of this, that silver lining, that deep profound wisdom of Allah's decree that awes the contemplative heart, that monkey wrench in the "grand" plot of shaitan can become very obscure and unapparent to us and all we see is darkness upon darkness: Hopelessness upon despair.

We have to always fall back on our general trust in Allah and know (without knowing how) that everything is going according to plan (His Plan) and that the best of planners is Allah and that He Knows exactly what He is doing. What we have to do is concern ourselves deeply with our own weaknesses and shortcomings and do as much as we can (which could be a lot more than you think) to help whomever we can even if only with Dua'. If you can do more than dua, then you must, but Dua' is a good solid, and vital baseline that any and all of us can do. With Dua', you, the one who knows very little, is calling upon the One who Knows All to help those who are weak and oppressed. He Knows their situation and plight better than anyone and He can Help them in ways that neither we nor they can expect. Chances are (because of what I mentioned earlier) you won't see the answer to your dua, but that doesn't mean that your dua isn't being answered.

I'm just worried that Taliban ban the vaccines and I remember this is exactly what they did with polio vaccines. What's your thoughts on this?
Back to the basics:

Aisha reported: She asked the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, about plagues and he said, “It is a punishment that Allah sends upon whoever he wills, but Allah has made it a mercy for the believers. Any servant who resides in a land afflicted by plague, remaining patient and hoping for reward from Allah, knowing that nothing will befall him but what Allah has decreed, he will be given the reward of a martyr.” (Bukhari)

Vaccine or no vaccine, nothing of harm will touch any Muslim except exactly and precisely what Allah decrees.

None of us doubt this. But have we ever seen and witnessed any real practical example of this greater than that of COVID-19? There are people dying all over the place and then there are people who get a little sniffle and then it's nothing. Some have shown no symptoms whatsoever. Everyone from healthy to sick to old to young has been affected at all sorts of varying degrees. The fact that Allah has spared the children (for the most part) from the brunt of this disease strikes me with awe.

As far as getting the vaccine yourself or not, then make Istikharah and you won't have any regrets. There would be no better advice I could give you on this or any other matter.

Allahu 'Alim

Eric H
09-08-2021, 10:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by FinalNyc
I'm also considering whether be vaccinated or not.
Just change the way you think.

If you can get the jab, then get it, but whether the jab will save you is dependant on Allah and not the vaccine.

If you can't get the jab, then you are still in the hands of Allah. Nothing changes whether you have the jab or not. Worry and stress attack your immune system whether you get Covid or not. So either way stress and worry are bad.

Make dua for the wisdom, strength and the peace to do the will of Allah; and leave all the unknown in the hands of Allah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.