/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How to Deal With Your sins being publicized on the internet forever?

star67
08-28-2021, 03:02 PM
Assalamu alaikum

I have repented and I ask for forgiveness everday, but I've heard that if you influence someone to misguidance, you will continue to get portions of that sin commited by who you influenced. This is keeping me up at night knowing that I've posted things on the internet on an account that I don't have access to anymore, but I know the bad things I've said are still on there. I feel so guilty since I can never take it down, and it's possible someone will see those things and become influenced. If that does happen, I can't stop them since it's out of my hands. How do I cope with this? I get flashes of guilt everyday of things I've said publicly on the internet and it taints my mind with guilt no matter how much I repent because of the fear someone will be misguided and I will have no idea about it. I do not want to go to hell for something I don't do anymore while still having the sin existing somewhere :(

How do I move on and keep my mind at peace? What are some hopeful reminders to keep me at ease?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
star67
08-28-2021, 04:01 PM
I figured out that I can just pray that no one will ever come across it and keep praying. may allah swt bless you whoever read this.

*charisma*
08-28-2021, 04:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by star67
Assalamu alaikum

I have repented and I ask for forgiveness everday, but I've heard that if you influence someone to misguidance, you will continue to get portions of that sin commited by who you influenced. This is keeping me up at night knowing that I've posted things on the internet on an account that I don't have access to anymore, but I know the bad things I've said are still on there. I feel so guilty since I can never take it down, and it's possible someone will see those things and become influenced. If that does happen, I can't stop them since it's out of my hands. How do I cope with this? I get flashes of guilt everyday of things I've said publicly on the internet and it taints my mind with guilt no matter how much I repent because of the fear someone will be misguided and I will have no idea about it. I do not want to go to hell for something I don't do anymore while still having the sin existing somewhere

How do I move on and keep my mind at peace? What are some hopeful reminders to keep me at ease?
Walaikum Assalaam

From my knowledge, each sin is counted as one sin. It does not multiply even if it affects others, but sins are of varying degrees because they can affect/harm others or cause mischief in the land, which is why we have to think before we act.

It is only good deeds that multiply. So if you taught someone how to pray for example, each time they pray you get a reward for it. This is not the same with sins. This is part of Allah's mercy.

AabiruSabeel
08-28-2021, 06:42 PM
Wa Alaikum Assalam

If you can report them to the moderators or webmaster they might remove it.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
star67
08-28-2021, 09:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Walaikum Assalaam

From my knowledge, each sin is counted as one sin. It does not multiply even if it affects others, but sins are of varying degrees because they can affect/harm others or cause mischief in the land, which is why we have to think before we act.

It is only good deeds that multiply. So if you taught someone how to pray for example, each time they pray you get a reward for it. This is not the same with sins. This is part of Allah's mercy.
allahu akbar, Allah swt is indeed the most merciful. this was a very nice reminder and it put me more at ease subhanallah, jazakallah khair !

star67
08-28-2021, 09:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AabiruSabeel
Wa Alaikum Assalam

If you can report them to the moderators or webmaster they might remove it.
jazakallah khair! i've reported once, but i will continue to find other ways inshallah. the app was tiktok (astughfurallah i no longer use that music app alhamdulilah) and i've reported before so maybe it was removed allahu alam. but i havent checked in a while, it just sits in my mind.

abadwek
08-28-2021, 11:38 PM
I used to have some posts which had music in it on my insta
But i have removed them all. I dont know if that removes the sin itself

IslamLife00
08-31-2021, 03:52 PM
If you have repented sincerely, guard yourself from repeating the sin and make the efforts to make it right, inshaAllah it is forgiven.

As for other people who are following your influence, they may point out that you have misguided them and there will be judgement between you and them on Judgement Day. Allah knows best how the judgement will be.

Allah is Most Forgiving, Always Forgiving, but when our sins affect others, they may or may not forgive us.

Labayk
09-02-2021, 02:01 AM
One thing you can try and do is to say the opposite of what was said. If one says something evil in public they can cancel it out by saying good in public. If you can make people aware that it is the same personality/online id then you can make it clear publicly that you don't go for that anymore. If that is not possible or feasible then just spreading the opposite message elsewhere can absolve someone from blame.

Walaikum Assalaam

I'm afraid that's not correct sister.

Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Whoever calls to guidance will have a reward similar to those who follow him, without detracting from their rewards at all. Whoever calls to misguidance will have sin upon him similar to those who follow him, without detracting from their sins at all.” (Muslim)

However, if one truly repents from their sin (even if the sin involved misguiding others) than Allah will, inshaAllah, forgive them and they will not be responsible for what the others do as they are still responsible for their own actions.

There are actually practical examples of this. In the time of the Prophet (Salalahu 'alihi wa salaam). The leaders of Quraish were seeking to kill the Prophet (Salalahu 'Alaihi wa salaam) and did in fact succeed in killing quite a few of his companions (RadiaAllahu 'Anhu). Because of these leaders, many people died in this extreme state of sin and will no doubt be in Hellfire forever. Yet, after the conquest of Mecca, the Prophet (Salalahu 'Alaihi wa Salaam) forgave them and they became Muslim in the end which we know erases all sins. These men died upon Islam as noble Sahabah (RadiaAllahu 'Anhum) even though their previous followers will be in Hellfire forever.

Try to absolve yourself as much as you can. Try to do actions or statements that are opposite to what you did so you can balance out whatever it is you said or did. Try to guide others in a similar way in which others may have been misguided and you won't have to worry inshaAllah. Making Dua' that Allah protects anyone from being harmed or misguided by what was said or done is indeed a very good thing to do. That's a very good piece of advice.

May Allah Forgive us and Make us a good influence on others not a bad influence. Ameen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.