/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Selfcare

Flos
09-06-2021, 06:16 PM
Assalamu alaikum

Is there anyone to teach me how to take care of myself? I always put others first and hurt myself a lot. I never put my self even 2nd because I'm afraid of being selfish, egocentric and going away from Allah.

I have no boundaries with others. I would fight for someone else's welfare and solve other people problems but never mine.

Psychologists and others keep saying - love yourself first, bla bla... take care of yourself first, bla bla...

Where's the limit? How to think of my own problems and solve them while others are not ok.

What sunnah says? How to care about ourselves without reaching egocentric point? Am I allowed to love myself and how? Isn't loving myself attitude leading me to narcissisms and even shirk? I remember someone once said that there's a hadith about this type of shirk - to love ownself, like admiring etc.

OK, enough, I need someone to teach me!

Allah is giving me lessons about it lately, but I still don't get how to move to this selfcare and avoid possible shirk or whatever.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Eisenman
09-07-2021, 01:24 PM
Focusing on yourself at the moment, is better in the long run. If you have worked on yourself, helping others would just be a breeze.

Flos
09-07-2021, 07:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eisenman
Focusing on yourself at the moment, is better in the long run. If you have worked on yourself, helping others would just be a breeze.

That's ok. I hear that a lot. But, how to find a line. Where egoism starts? Where selfishness starts?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!