/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Unable to wakeup for Fajr

iammuslim98
09-12-2021, 08:48 AM
Aoa.
I've been taking antidepressants, which make me fall asleep hard and deep. I try getting up for fajr but it has become impossible for me. What should I do?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Yunussalaf
09-12-2021, 10:16 PM
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم والصلاة والسلام على نبينا محمد وعلى آله وصحبه أجمعين

If you are sick and cannot find any other medication which is less sedative then you have an excuse. Obviously you must try your best to prepare yourself to wake up for example asking a family member to wake you up, set the alarm clock, sleep early.

Maybe you can speak with your doctor about the issue and mention that you need to wake up for prayer.

I hope that you will be cured and can be free of medication.

Allah can easily cure you so it is a test no doubt and you are rewarded for being patient. So you are only required to make the causes for waking up to the best of your ability.

Below I found a discussion thread which may provide more advice. Otherwise I advise to speak with a shaikh or a knowledgeable, pious person preferably a known shaikh from the Arab and Muslim countries on the manhaj of the salaf us saleh (the pious predecessors). You can reach them by phone and if you can't speak Arabic then ask somebody who can ask for you.

https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/fa...ng-up-for-fajr

And Allah Knows Best.

Yunussalaf
09-13-2021, 03:21 AM

Following link explaining how to make up missed fajr prayer. Also to add to my previous reply which was not complete.

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/1366...missed-prayers

And Allah Knows Best

iammuslim98
09-15-2021, 05:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yunussalaf

If you are sick and cannot find any other medication which is less sedative then you have an excuse. Obviously you must try your best to prepare yourself to wake up for example asking a family member to wake you up, set the alarm clock, sleep early.

Maybe you can speak with your doctor about the issue and mention that you need to wake up for prayer.

I hope that you will be cured and can be free of medication.

Allah can easily cure you so it is a test no doubt and you are rewarded for being patient. So you are only required to make the causes for waking up to the best of your ability.

Below I found a discussion thread which may provide more advice. Otherwise I advise to speak with a shaikh or a knowledgeable, pious person preferably a known shaikh from the Arab and Muslim countries on the manhaj of the salaf us saleh (the pious predecessors). You can reach them by phone and if you can't speak Arabic then ask somebody who can ask for you.

https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/fa...ng-up-for-fajr

And Allah Knows Best.

Aka, I wanto offer tahajjud as well. That's why I am sad.

- - - Updated - - -

format_quote Originally Posted by Yunussalaf

Following link explaining how to make up missed fajr prayer. Also to add to my previous reply which was not complete.

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/1366...missed-prayers

And Allah Knows Best

Aka, inwanto wakeup for fair.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Flos
10-10-2021, 05:15 PM
Sister, I used to have same problem as you. On medications I wouldn't be able to wake up for anything in the world. If you'd take them earlier, you might also oversleep other fard salaats.

You need to accept that you're unwell. And here is this hadith: Abu Musa al-Ash'ari reports that the Prophet, peace be upon him, said: "If a servant (of Allah) falls sick or goes on a journey, he (continues to be) rewarded for the good deeds that he used to do when he was healthy or at home." (I didn't manage to find a source of this hadith, but I found it in fikh)

So, sister, don't be said!

iammuslim98
10-12-2021, 10:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Flos
Sister, I used to have same problem as you. On medications I wouldn't be able to wake up for anything in the world. If you'd take them earlier, you might also oversleep other fard salaats.

You need to accept that you're unwell. And here is this hadith: Abu Musa al-Ash'ari reports that the Prophet, peace be upon him, said: "If a servant (of Allah) falls sick or goes on a journey, he (continues to be) rewarded for the good deeds that he used to do when he was healthy or at home." (I didn't manage to find a source of this hadith, but I found it in fikh)

So, sister, don't be said!

Aoa, how can I not be sad brother? My willingness to make prayer and do dua is diminishing.i don't feel like offering any Salah anymore. Offering ASR even now seems like a battle. I miss praying bcuz it gave me some hope that miracles are possible..now iam drowning

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.