/* */

PDA

View Full Version : No one is useless

sheikhonderun-
09-18-2021, 07:39 PM
This is an excerpt from one of Ibrahim Dewla’s speeches. Its translated more or less meaning.

Abdullah bin Masood is famous companion. He is big jurist with great knowledge. He was placed in Kufa to teach and call people to Allah. Once he was passing by there was a singer who was singing (party where alcohol was served). When his ears heard him singing he put cloth over his head, due to it being impermissible & evil thing.

“and when they pass near ill speech, they pass by with dignity” (25:72)

He passed through. He said “its such beautiful voice if only it was used to read & teach Quran.” This is to indicate how to bring people’s abilities to the benefit of this faith. “Such a beautiful voice!”

He didn’t say “this individual is useless, trapped in futility.” Why? Because this would have been an indication of pride/arrogance. To consider someone insignificant is not part of calling people towards Allah.

Our call is that abilities and talents that people possess they are applied in service to Allah. That is why everyone should reflect that whatever abilities/talents I possess they are a trust from Allah. Allah has given me these abilities to think, to understand, to act, to spend, to be of service and to worship. All of these abilities/talents where should these be applied?

This is what Abdullah bin Masood hinted towards. His name was Jazan “such a beautiful voice”. He would have been able to teach Quran to others in beautiful manner.
Prophet (saw) said, “The best among you (Muslims) are those who learn the Qur’an and teach it.” (Bukhari)

Someone relayed to Jazan that companion of Prophet passed by & mentioned “such beautiful voice if only it was used to read and teach Quran.” Jazan left singing. He became student of Abdullah bin Masood and took benefit from his knowledge. (Jazan said) “I want to learn what you have invited me towards.”

What I am trying to convey is this community’s abilities and talents are vast. Everyone possesses abilities and talents, as in no one is useless. Allah has not created something useless. Allah has not created anyone in vain. Allah has placed something special in every individual. Each fruit has it own taste and flavor. Everyone has something to offer. No one is bereft of virtues.
Prophet (saw) said “People are like mines of silver and gold.” (Muslim)

https://sheikhonderun.wordpress.com/...ibrahim-dewla/

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.