/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I don't feel real

SamehSalim
09-22-2021, 10:35 PM
:sl:

I had a discussion with an old friend today and I am still quite hung up on it.
I explained to her that I don't feel real I mentally cannot connect with reality...she then told me how lucky I am, that its a privilege not to be so
consumed by the dunyah. However that's not exactly a blessing, I feel the burdens of this dunyah very well however there are times were I struggle to take things
seriously, struggle to feel empathy towards other peoples sadness such as loss/grief. When I witness people going through grief i couldn't relate to the level of sadness they went through...
i simply don't understand how people can be so connected to this life that they take things so seriously. isn't the knowledge that we will all leave this life one day enough reassurance that it's not the end?
Its a blessing because I'm not hung up on many things however this mindset has really been affecting my work mentality and my effort/productivity overall.

Anyone else feel this way ?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ALIY~AH
09-23-2021, 08:24 AM
I feel disconnected from everyone too very few people have empathy
But I know all I need is me. Although it would be nice to connect with others I just don't think the majority will ever understand my brutal honesty life vision motivations etc.

Just think they probably feel the same. Stay blessed

Flos
09-23-2021, 08:35 AM
And the best part of this unreal life is, when the hardship comes, you rely on Allah with a smile and Allah gives you miraculous way out

keiv
09-23-2021, 10:34 PM
That sounds very familiar to me. Islam is one of the few things keeping me sane tbh. The dunya really is full of nothing. I mean, if you really disconnect yourself from everything going on and take a look at the world, it's sad to see what people are willing to prioritize when in the end, all of it will mean nothing if it has no religious meaning.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Flos
09-24-2021, 06:04 PM
I've always wondered how atheists deal with this world. Dunya life is super difficult, the world in general is full of misery, there's no justice, equality, there's a lot of violence, discrimination, oppressions

keiv
09-26-2021, 12:20 PM
They deal with it by 'living in the moment'. They live off of their lusts and desires so long as its not breaking any laws all while pretending to be 'free'. The ones who are honest enough will at least admit to feeling an emptiness inside them, but still too arrogant to admit they sense a greater power (ie. a Creator).

Those that are in power, cause corruption and oppression in the world are a different kind. There might be some atheists among them but I'd say the greater of them have a belief of some kind. Whether they think they themselves are gods, idolators, satanists, etc. Even the ones who consider themselves Muslims are influenced by anything but Islam.

Ümit
09-28-2021, 01:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Flos
And the best part of this unreal life is, when the hardship comes, you rely on Allah with a smile and Allah gives you miraculous way out
Exactly...happened to me not once or twice...but many many times over the years.

every time we "me and my wife" faced "hardship" my wife asked me, "How would we manage this time?" every time I would say "Don't worry, we will make it" but in reality I didn't know what to do, but I just relied on Allah...and then at the very last moment Allah made our way clear hamdulillah.

Flos
09-28-2021, 04:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ümit
Exactly...happened to me not once or twice...but many many times over the years.

every time we "me and my wife" faced "hardship" my wife asked me, "How would we manage this time?" every time I would say "Don't worry, we will make it" but in reality I didn't know what to do, but I just relied on Allah...and then at the very last moment Allah made our way clear hamdulillah.

Currently, I'm facing one and have no idea how to solve it. But, Allah said - patience and prayer and I'm positive it's going to be solved insha Allah, although an atheist would commit suicide in this situation. I trust Allah, He knows best and His plans are the best.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.