/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How should a depression patient deal with this?

iammuslim98
09-24-2021, 09:50 AM
Aoa. I have been on antidepressants for quite some time now.they have helped me deal with my situation a bit better, but in doing so I feel lethargic and feel like I am moving away from religion. My exhaustion from the medicine keeps me from offering any extra nafal or sunnah prayers. I haven't woken up for tahajud since Ramadan ended. I pray my fair as qadah..
I try using apps for alarms that come with tasks. But nothing works.
Please I wanna pray tahajud again . And pray extra nafal. My therapist says the medicines will keep me drowsy..since they are not Muslim. And I don't have access to any other therapist..

Thanku

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Eric H
09-24-2021, 03:12 PM
Greetings and peace be with you iammuslim98;

We probably talk to ourselves in our thoughts more than we talk to any one else. We are probably very good at giving other people good advice, but not very good at giving ourselves this same good advice. If we are truthful to ourselves we could probably sort our own problems out.

Often it is past events that cause our depression, things we never really dealt properly with many years ago; and they hang around to haunt us today.

There is always hope in Allah.

May Allah bless you on your journey through life.
Eric

Flos
09-24-2021, 05:58 PM
Assalamu alaikum sister,

You can try with 33 subhanallah, 33 alhamdulillah and 34 takbir before going to sleep, you should become stronger.

With depression it often goes step by step. Start with simple duas before sleep or dhikir instead of extra nafls.

iammuslim98
09-26-2021, 06:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Flos
Assalamu alaikum sister,

You can try with 33 subhanallah, 33 alhamdulillah and 34 takbir before going to sleep, you should become stronger.

With depression it often goes step by step. Start with simple duas before sleep or dhikir instead of extra nafls.

Aoa. I just miss getting up for fair and tahajud. The feeling was really calming and I was extremely hopeful.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Flos
09-28-2021, 05:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by iammuslim98
Aoa. I just miss getting up for fair and tahajud. The feeling was really calming and I was extremely hopeful.

I know sister. Just take step by step and insha Allah you'll make it.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.