/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The confusion about dua?

iammuslim98
10-25-2021, 06:02 PM
Aoa. On this platform,like me, many others are confused about dua .dua is our ultimate weapon. But situations do affect the way we think about dua.
A person posted about how their dua wasnt answered which they did during ramadan. My relative was crying tody, how her dua which she did at the kaaba was not accepted..she prayed for her son to find siratul mustaqeem.and now he is on his death bed due to his wrong doings..the relative is the epitome of piety, and sabr..even she got tired..for 40 yrs she has been praying for her son and nothing.
What about us then? We are sinful, and not good muslims. Why would we believe our duas would be answered?
The relative i am talking about is impoverished, a widow, living with her daughter.. but always thanked Allah. And now this..

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
keiv
10-26-2021, 02:22 PM
Your other threads about the subject have plenty of good information already, so I won’t spend too much time repeating everything. I just want to emphasize that there is no ratio of level of piety:chances of dua being answered. Fasting, performing hajj, giving charity, praying, etc. does not mean that you will have an easy life or get what you ask for. Otherwise, the prophets would not have suffered any calamities. The real reward is in the hereafter.

The epitome of sabr are those who suffer calamities but still continue to turn and pray to Allah, not turn away from Him. To be clear, I’m not talking about one’s emotional state (sad, depressed, hurt, etc.). They are the ones who have realized this life is temporary and whatever good or bad they get from it, it will not last forever.

iammuslim98
10-26-2021, 04:57 PM
Aoa.. i just realised i only posted half of my comment.

I agree with you.. i think for us it comes down to makking and doing dua..no matter what the circumstances.. i feel like perhaps the relative might not have such a strong faith..there must be something..we just neeed to have firm faith that Allah will make it happen. we ask for miracles, isnt our breathing enough of a miracle to prove Allah's might.. we cnt even replicate a mosquito and we worry if He would make a dua come true..i think its always a mistake at our part that being lack of conviction

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.