/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How to deal with accommodation provider in the best way

person5
11-03-2021, 12:14 AM
I am staying in some student accommodation and I've found that many of the services are very bad. Some of the issues are: they still haven't installed proper Wifi, the laundry wasn't working for the first few weeks, we have a broken fridge and a too hot fridge, many other things and also the kitchen table collapsed due to not being correctly fitted as we only ever eat and sit at the table. Now the accommodation provider is considering charging for this broken table as they seem to be assuming we must have been jumping on the table or something to break it.

My initial reaction to this situation might have been to refuse to pay for the table and in-fact expect to be compensated for the safety hazard that the table was, and also expect compensation for all of the other poor services and take any compensation that I demand out of the rent I pay. However I want to know what the Islamic way of dealing with this situation is.

Is it best to accept the shafting, not make any attempt to be compensated for poor services and also pay for the broken table that was their fault, is it best to pursue full compensation and refuse to pay part of my rent as compensation, or somewhere in the middle? Please let me know if you know anything that can help me decide how I should respond to this situation.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.