/* */

PDA

View Full Version : *** When asked by this name He gives ***

Zaheer A Khan
12-21-2021, 03:32 AM
Bismillaah:

Allaah عزوجل said:

" And to Allaah belong the best names, so invoke Him by them. And leave [ the company of ] those who practice deviation concerning His names. They will be recompensed for what they have been doing."

{ Al A'raaf/180 }

Anas ibn Malik رضي اللّه عنه said:

I was sitting with the Messenger of Allaah صلي الله عليه وسلم and a man was standing and praying. When he bowed, prostrated and recited the tashahhud, he supplicated, and in his supplication he said :

اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَسْأَلُكَ بِأَنَّ لَكَ الْحَمْدَ لاَ إِلَهَ إِلاَّ أَنْتَ الْمَنَّانُ بَدِيعُ السَّمَوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ يَا ذَا الْجَلاَلِ وَالإِكْرَامِ يَا حَىُّ يَا قَيُّومُ ‏.

" Allaahumma! Inni as'aluka bi anna lakal hamd. La ilaha illa Anta Al Mannan. Badi'us-samawati wal-ard. Ya Dhul jalali wal-ikram, Ya haiyu ya Qayyume "

O Allaah! Indeed, I ask You since all praise is due to You, there is none worthy of worship but You, the Bestower, the Creator of the heavens and earth, O Possessor of majesty and honor, O Ever-living, O-Eternal.

The Prophet صلي الله عليه وسلم then said:

He has supplicated Allaah using His Greatest Name, when supplicated by this name, He answers, and when asked by this name He gives.

Takhreej:

{ Imam Abu Dawud and An Nasaa'i in their Sunnans and graded as Saheeh by Ibn Hibban, Al Hakim, Dhahabi, Al Albaani, Abu Taahir and others }

This is said at the end of the Tashahud after darood Ibraheem before the Tasleem.

*** And Allaah عزوجل knows best ***

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.